The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Just bought enough little things on Amazon to fill the wife's stocking. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I really don't want to go anywhere and fight the mobs !

Between still recovering from my stomach illness, and the after-effects of the 'booster' shot I received ..... my vigor is low ... very low. waaa2

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Just bought enough little things on Amazon to fill the wife's stocking. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I really don't want to go anywhere and fight the mobs !

Between still recovering from my stomach illness, and the after-effects of the 'booster' shot I received ..... my vigor is low ... very low. waaa2
    I hope you get better soon!

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    I've had badly bruised ribs once and bruised with one torn loose in the front another time. Both the result of mountain biking crashes in Brown Co State Park.

The pain is real. Don't cough or laugh my friend.
    I've had the same from an over-the-bars at my first DINO race attempt in Plainfield. Came around a corner for a downhill and the right side 'option' was backed up, went left, hit a hole or too much front brake and over I went. The peanut gallery up the hillside made sure I could move myself off the trail before the catcalls and jeers started. Hurt for weeks and was probably worse than it looked. Should've gone to the ER but younger and dumber back then. My current riding is much slower...love single-speeding at Brown County and SWW now.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Having the septic tank pumped today. Merry Xmas to me?
    Merry indeed!

257cec2c5bc65a5fd2a85a699ba2e1b8.jpg

Last edited:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

Sharp's Bolt Carrier Group on sale @ 15% off site wide .. no codes needed

Diamond-Like coating = DLC for the renown XPB BCG at $199.00 down to $169.00

Ordered......

Sale goes until 12-31

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had the same from an over-the-bars at my first DINO race attempt in Plainfield. Came around a corner for a downhill and the right side 'option' was backed up, went left, hit a hole or too much front brake and over I went. The peanut gallery up the hillside made sure I could move myself off the trail before the catcalls and jeers started. Hurt for weeks and was probably worse than it looked. Should've gone to the ER but younger and dumber back then. My current riding is much slower...love single-speeding at Brown County and SWW now.
    In my younger (and immortal) life I raced some Hare and hound and TT on a 650 BSA Lightning. I was racing against much more modern pieces from Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki and the od Husky and Bultaco. This was Circa 1968/69 and I owned several British offerings so that's what I raced on.
    Talk about a bucking Brama bull the bikes beat the living crap out of me but I was fast enough to run top 10 coming out of the woods (trail section) and when we made 2 laps around the track section more times than not, I went into the woods 1st or second unless I let that beast get out from under me. It was a monster on the flat track.
    After a few spills and a serious get off in a hare and hound run it became very clear to me that unless I stepped up and bought something that actually had shock travel past 2"s I was going to die. And those new bikes weighed half what the BSA's weighed. So, despite the Lucas electrics I got them all running and sold them off. Bought a 360 Yamaha and man what a difference.

I hurt to this day from that endeavor.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Afternoon all I am done for the year.
    Same, hopefully, assuming it's quiet next week (backing myself up when I'm on vacation next week as there isn't anyone else to do it).

Resolved the final 2 issues that the ass pandas brought me this week, just in time. One wasn't even my customer/issue but my manager tagged me on it as no one else was left working apparently. After screwing around with junior league support folks the last couple of days, got into a position to call in some favors of the big dogs and got it knocked out.

The other just took bypassing one of our support people all together, who then got enlightened and decided to actually "help" after I went straight to another big dog and pretty much had the issue resolved.

Now I get to enjoy some time, and wash dishes until the repair guy can make it on Monday.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    WS's day sounds much larger than mine .... ass panda removal is serious bidness ! ;)

Let's see. I took apart my new WAH pedal, so that I could change the waveform of the output. For some reason, Dunlop put the switch inside the case, so it took a bit more savvy than usual.
    The pedal has (3) internal settings, and came with "Modern" as the default. Do I look like a modern dude ??? Heck, NO ! So I switched the pedal to "Vintage".
    Ahhh .... much better ! :alright:

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Sharp's Bolt Carrier Group on sale @ 15% off site wide .. no codes needed

Diamond-Like coating = DLC for the renown XPB BCG at $199.00 down to $169.00

Ordered......

Sale goes until 12-31
    Dang ..... that does look like a fancy BCG ! Good score, Deacon. :thumbsup:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I cracked a rib once with some torn ligaments the result of walking into a kick during a sparing match (yes - I was much MUCH younger then).

Was absolutely a horrible month or so after. Horrible.

I can't imagine how people deal with multiple broken ribs.

Ha, I had the same. Cracked rib when I was 17 sparring in the front yard with a buddy of mine and another during a tournament when I was 21.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My oldest and I did a quick range trip this afternoon. I decided that today was about shooting weapons from the Vietnam War. We had a Colt 1911A1, Colt SP1 and XM177E2 clone to represent the good guys and a Mosin for the other guys.
    330004d62e391bc70e13631c0645de6b.jpg
    Very nice, 88.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom