The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    House with extra people this week, and of course extra meals, extra dishes, and the 3 year old dishwasher (was already in the house when we bought it, and we kept it and the other matching appliances even after complete kitchen gt & remodel) decided to develop a leak last night. Called my trusted appliance repair shop and they can't get here until Monday (Christmas week, I'm sure is a busy one).

And I'm guessing that on Monday they will need to order a part...

Ugh... guess I'll be head dishwasher for the week (which I usually am, but just have the aid of a mechanical dishwasher to help).

1st world problems I know.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    #2 son came home sick after partying with friends in Indy, Christmas is now ******. ******* viruses.
    Hopefully it's not Covid. My wife had something last week, but took a couple of tests and was negative for Covid. I was a bit worried with having family in from out of state this week ourselves.

Daughter has had some congestion this week, but no other real issues.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hopefully it's not Covid. My wife had something last week, but took a couple of tests and was negative for Covid. I was a bit worried with having family in from out of state this week ourselves.

Daughter has had some congestion this week, but no other real issues.

The gardener and I are hoping the same thing, covid would only make this worse.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I've had badly bruised ribs once and bruised with one torn loose in the front another time. Both the result of mountain biking crashes in Brown Co State Park.

The pain is real. Don't cough or laugh my friend.

My mom had a broken rib from a car crash, decades ago. She said it was worse pain then child birthing. And she had six of us!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've had badly bruised ribs once and bruised with one torn loose in the front another time. Both the result of mountain biking crashes in Brown Co State Park.

The pain is real. Don't cough or laugh my friend.
    I cracked a rib once with some torn ligaments the result of walking into a kick during a sparing match (yes - I was much MUCH younger then).

Was absolutely a horrible month or so after. Horrible.

I can't imagine how people deal with multiple broken ribs.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I may have broken a rib when I was young, I'm not sure. I took a tumble off of a trampoline and was in a good bit of pain. I found that when I would hang from a bar to do a pull-up that there was movement in my side. I took it easy for a good while and it stopped doing that and hasn't bothered me since then. So I've never had any proof that I've broken a bone so far.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I may have broken a rib when I was young, I'm not sure. I took a tumble off of a trampoline and was in a good bit of pain. I found that when I would hang from a bar to do a pull-up that there was movement in my side. I took it easy for a good while and it stopped doing that and hasn't bothered me since then. So I've never had any proof that I've broken a bone so far.
    Only broken bone I've suffered that I know about, I found out about 30 yrs after the fact. Initial scan by a chiropractor showed a spinal process(think that's the term) in my cervical spine was not where it belonged and was floating loose in the muscles of my neck. Had to have been a motorcycle accident when I was about 21.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Thanks CM for getting a bunch of us to check our SS status. A lot of us let that slip, me included.

Yep, I just saw that I was behind my time after reading all of these posts, took care of that posty hasty. Now I wonder how long I was considered a cheapskate on INGO?
    In the outside world I've been cheap my whole life!
    But that is expected since I am half Scottish and half Dutch!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom