The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Way way way cool stuff!!!! My dad had a pretty decent setup when I was younger, they were about that size if I recall. Maybe slightly larger. They only came out around this time of year, but I had endless hours of fun playing with them! I think he’s still got a few and boy oh boy would I love to get in on that action!

He also has a BUNCH of old AFX slot cars, which a few years ago I got every single track set out, which is about 6, and set them all up at one time so we could have some fun at Christmas.

Wow..... I never was around model trains much when I was young. It's great that your dad had an interest. Likely, it was an 'HO' gauge, as those were the most popular.

I had a slot car setup though !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The last train I was on was a day-trip through some Colorado mountains seven years ago. I even became buddies with the engineer, and the conductor !
    (they were both a Hoot !)
    I somehow schmoooed my way into the engine !

DSC00512-L.jpg

DSC00505-L.jpg

221-L.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Now you're talkin', Rusty ! :rockwoot: I want to take an Amtrak to Washington, D.C. before I croak. I'm sure that the city itself stinks, but I've never seen the monuments.
    That does sound like fun! I’m with you, don’t need to see the city, but all the history stuff! I’ve been cooking up an idea in my head for years about what I call my “Liberty Trip”, where I would hit New York, Philadelphia and D.C. Visit all the cool places that birthed this country.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was never into trains but still have my slot car track from 50 years ago. I still have Hot Wheels from the 60's and early 70's too.
    I had a basic slot car track, but we did not have the room for it. I traded off the curves for straight track and we set up a drag strip in the back yard. We built our cars and a buddy wound the motors for us. Man we had some fun with that.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That does sound like fun! I’m with you, don’t need to see the city, but all the history stuff! I’ve been cooking up an idea in my head for years about what I call my “Liberty Trip”, where I would hit New York, Philadelphia and D.C. Visit all the cool places that birthed this country.

That's smart .... knock-out all of your birds with (1) stone ! :alright:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I had a basic slot car track, but we did not have the room for it. I traded off the curves for straight track and we set up a drag strip in the back yard. We built our cars and a buddy wound the motors for us. Man we had some fun with that.

YES, we did the same ! .... drag raced those little dynamites, then let them fly off the end of the track into an old pillow !

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've never had any, but I've always thought model trains were cool. I guess I like mechanical things like that. Cars, guns, motorcycles, etc.

You feeling better, MM? The stomach bug is absolutely no fun.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    There was a store down the street from our gas station that was one big slot car track. It was wide enough to race 5 or 6 cars wide. It was adults only and us kids could only watch thru the window. The cars they raced were nothing like my toys. This was late 60's or maybe early 70's

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've never had any, but I've always thought model trains were cool. I guess I like mechanical things like that. Cars, guns, motorcycles, etc.

You feeling better, MM? The stomach bug is absolutely no fun.

Thanks for askin' ......after (30) hours without any food (just 7-UP), I finally ate a peanut butter n. jelly sandwich tonight. So far, so good ! So, I'm on the upswing. :alright:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom