The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hate to hear that.
    Well, he was in drug/alcohol rehab for round 2 as he did not see it all the way through the 1st go round. Failed to attend the counseling and he started drinking again. This is his umpteenth attempt, and he only does this to appease his baby-momma so she does not punt his ass to the curb. So, they had to send him home for quarantine.

In truth we have nothing to do with him, but he has 2 beautiful daughters. So, I am stuck with him if we want to see them.

Yeah, I am not fond of him anymore. His doing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a store down the street from our gas station that was one big slot car track. It was wide enough to race 5 or 6 cars wide. It was adults only and us kids could only watch thru the window. The cars they raced were nothing like my toys. This was late 60's or maybe early 70's
    A couple of toy and hobby stores did this. They had a time set back on the weekends for the kids to race.
    We bought all our go fast parts there.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Well, he was in drug/alcohol rehab for round 2 as he did not see it all the way through the 1st go round. Failed to attend the counseling and he started drinking again. This is his umpteenth attempt, and he only does this to appease his baby-momma so she does not punt his ass to the curb. So, they had to send him home for quarantine.

In truth we have nothing to do with him, but he has 2 beautiful daughters. So, I am stuck with him if we want to see them.

Yeah, I am not fond of him anymore. His doing.
    Wow. So I assume this isn't the son and DIL that visited you this weekend?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    No. The ones this weekend is from my 1st marriage. He is a good son.
    The drunk is CKW and my oldest son. He is 38 and still a lost ball.
    We have struggled with him for over 20 years.
    Oh I see. Was hoping it wasn't the same one and didn't expose you and CKW to the Kung Flu. Right here at Christmas and be under quarantine or sick.

Drugs and alcohol can really grab ahold of people. Seen it in our family as probably everyone has. Folks practically throwing their lives away just to get their next drink or fix, no matter the cost or damage.

Anyways, CZ! :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Oh I see. Was hoping it wasn't the same one and didn't expose you and CKW to the Kung Flu. Right here at Christmas and be under quarantine or sick.

Drugs and alcohol can really grab ahold of people. Seen it in our family as probably everyone has. Folks practically throwing their lives away just to get their next drink or fix, no matter the cost or damage.

I've always been out in the open, J., and have no problems telling people that I'm a recovering alcoholic....because the truth is that "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."
    Saying that, it's also important to know that I haven't touched a drop in (15) years.
    As clinical professionals will tell you, when you're an alcoholic, you're either "active", or "recovering".
    People who claim to be "functional " alcoholics are only deluding themselves, as there isn't such a thing.

I freely talk about it, in hopes that someone who might be suffering from the disease would feel comfortable talking to me, if they wished. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am at a very vulnerable spot right after Chemo. Immune system is compromised as my white count is in the toilet. If I caught a cold, it most likely could kill me right now. The Kung Flu is a death sentence.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've always been out in the open, J., and have no problems telling people that I'm a recovering alcoholic....because the truth is that "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."
    Saying that, it's also important to know that I haven't touched a drop in (15) years.
    As clinical professionals will tell you, when you're an alcoholic, you're either "active", or "recovering".
    People who claim to be "functional " alcoholics are only deluding themselves, as there isn't such a thing.

I freely talk about it, in hopes that someone who might be suffering from the disease would feel comfortable talking to me, if they wished. :)
    That is the absolute truth MM.
    but convince someone there is. Problem when they do not see it is impossible to do.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'll tip yer ginseng and share stories anytime gents. I've had my dance with the devil in the pale moon light. Thankfully (sort of) all of my shenaniganery came at a young age. Pickle Lady straightened my *** up good.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Slot cars bring back good memories from my early teens. The local hobby shop had three large setups. We all had upscale controllers and raced the hell out of those things.
    The TYCO remote control cars were really popular when I was young. I had the flippy one with big wheels. I remember being jealous of the neighbor kid that had the official Bigfoot one. Ran me over everytime.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That is the absolute truth MM.
    but convince someone there is. Problem when they do not see it is impossible to do.

I've often thought that the hardest thing to learn is to be honest with yourself.
    According to leading shrinks, by the time children are 10 years old, the vast majority of their influences come from their friends. ...a parent better hope that they've taught their children the important things by then, because from then on, a parent's influence will be minimal. Even then, it's a crap shoot.

There are zero boundaries to alcoholism...... it will destroy you if you let it.
    Yet, many people can enjoy a few drinks a week, and never have a problem (hopefully).

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'll tip yer ginseng and share stories anytime gents. I've had my dance with the devil in the pale moon light. Thankfully (sort of) all of my shenaniganery came at a young age. Pickle Lady straightened my *** up good.

Women have a tendency to do that. I have no doubts that I wouldn't be here to type this, if I hadn't married !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom