The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've often thought that the hardest thing to learn is to be honest with yourself.
    According to leading shrinks, by the time children are 10 years old, the vast majority of their influences come from their friends. ...a parent better hope that they've taught their children the important things by then, because from then on, a parent's influence will be minimal. Even then, it's a crap shoot.

There are zero boundaries to alcoholism...... it will destroy you if you let it.
    Yet, many people can enjoy a few drinks a week, and never have a problem (hopefully).
    In my day I could put it away with the best of them. No one partied any harder than I did. Yet I seldom missed work over it (a few times as no one is bulletproof) and suffered some intense hangovers. But I went to work.
    Never drank at work either. Way to much could go wrong.
    Thing is, I decided to stop the hard stuff when it became painful. Just pushed it away and drank beer. Then that became a burden when my A1C numbers got scary. Just pushed it away.
    MM you made a choice and stood by it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That does sound like fun! I’m with you, don’t need to see the city, but all the history stuff! I’ve been cooking up an idea in my head for years about what I call my “Liberty Trip”, where I would hit New York, Philadelphia and D.C. Visit all the cool places that birthed this country.

Seeing George Washington’s sword was amazing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m on vacation too but am having trouble letting work stuff go. Stepping away for 2 weeks is a challenge for me
    Yep; I had about 80 hours of work going into the weekend. Have about 90 now. LOL

My mother's dryer died this weekend and that turned into spending the better part of the weekend doing chores and household items at their place. Her husband/my stepfather is in the midst of some serious health issues and they have a high maintenance place in the woods. They've been there since ~1980 and everything is old now. Except the roof - its two years old BUT:

While cleaning leaves and debris off of the roof, found a 2" limb stuck about 6" into the roof....pretty sure that is not good.

We all need time away, Mr. 88. Make sure you get some R&R.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep; I had about 80 hours of work going into the weekend. Have about 90 now. LOL

My mother's dryer died this weekend and that turned into spending the better part of the weekend doing chores and household items at their place. Her husband/my stepfather is in the midst of some serious health issues and they have a high maintenance place in the woods. They've been there since ~1980 and everything is old now. Except the roof - its two years old BUT:

While cleaning leaves and debris off of the roof, found a 2" limb stuck about 6" into the roof....pretty sure that is not good.

We all need time away, Mr. 88. Make sure you get some R&R.

You too Bandit. Get away from the office if at all possible. Hot lead therapy is the best therapy

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

Range day. Further testing of reloads in the Howa 223. Initial testing of reloads in the Howa 308.

And I ordered a 2nd Lyman powder measure and Lyman single stage press from Midway yesterday. Already making some changes on the bench setup. Adding and moving a few things around for optimized performance.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning folks

Range day. Further testing of reloads in the Howa 223. Initial testing of reloads in the Howa 308.

And I ordered a 2nd Lyman powder measure and Lyman single stage press from Midway yesterday. Already making some changes on the bench setup. Adding and moving a few things around for optimized performance.
    Two Powder Measures?

Is that the reloading equivalent of drinking with two shot glasses and both hands?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Two Powder Measures?

Is that the reloading equivalent of drinking with two shot glasses and both hands?
    R.ba8e93dbc1c0675dfdc9ec9a997f5afb

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks

When loading for accuracy, I like to use a single stage press. When loading for bulk, the Dillon is king of my setups.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have always utilized my Dillon like a single stage press for accuracy loads with rifles. Pistol loads - run it like the progressive it was made to be.
    I have a hybrid approach for .223. I lube, decap/size on the single stage , trim and then clean. Then, I prime, charge and seat on the Dillon for 55g bulk. 68g is finished on the SS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom