The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Just wanna do a little product review for y’all. This is something an old buddy got for me as a Christmas gift and I love it so much I wanna pass the info along.

View attachment 172173View attachment 172174View attachment 172175View attachment 172176View attachment 172177

GCI Outdoor PackSeat Camping Stool Portable Folding Stool Amazon product ASIN B0015OYXY4
    Actually, I have one *exactly* like that ! Haven't used it in a while, but used to carry it frequently for doing bird photography. <thumbsup>

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice chair Rusty. I have a similar, though probably cheaper version.

Made it to the range with a buddy of mine and tested out both the Ruger Mark IV Competition with the rail and red dot, as well as the Victory with the Victory trigger installed and tested against the Performance Center Victory. The Victory trigger in the SW22 Victory is a big improvement, but it isn't as nice as the flat faced performance center trigger. Still very nice compared to stock. I need to figure out the Thunder hammer situation, as I believe that adding it would make it closer to the performance center trigger. The Victory trigger in the Mark IV Competition, along with the VQ accurizing kit makes it the winner for trigger though. I need to get off my butt and get the VQ kit installed in the Mark IV 22/45 Tactical.

Pic of the guns:

MZdCfiQ.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hmmm... started drinking at lunch (had a coffee blonde ale, which started off good but then just got annoying) and had a nice Bell's Two Harted when I got home. Now sipping a New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA which doesn't taste all that great, but is giving me a bit of a tingle as it's 9% ABV... :40oz:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hmmm... started drinking at lunch (had a coffee blonde ale, which started off good but then just got annoying) and had a nice Bell's Two Harted when I got home. Now sipping a New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA which doesn't taste all that great, but is giving me a bit of a tingle as it's 9% ABV... :40oz:

Sounds like a Gunbroker kinda night.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I like a good IPA

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Bell's Porter with a friend tonite. Helped empty their SUV's of personal belongings from storage and got paid in beer, ham, and cookies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I try it when its free. I just have no idea what most of it is plus it’s expensive. I think there’s one called dragons milk, it’s no busch lite but its pretty decent lol. That stuff is like $20 for a 4 pack though so I’ve bought it like twice.
    4 pack of dragons milk is best shared with at least one friend. As I recall, they are 16 oz bottles and nearly 12% alcohol.
    One kicks my ass.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was wishing for ruby slippers about 2130 last night. That is a haul.

Wow, it sure was. I’m going to run down to NC on Sunday, then back home again on Tuesday. That’s only 11 hours each way and that is about my limit for a single day. It’s almost like you have a lot of experience behind the wheel or something Patience.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    For my Bud, Rusty H. ! (or anyone else who wants to look) ;)
    'N' gauge trains, and track are very small. Most of these engines, and cars are only about 2" tall.

Northwestern engine, hauling some coal !
    IMG_3034-L.jpg

Tis' the season ... my Christmas train !
    IMG_0893-L.jpg

IMG_0891-L.jpg

Setup is completed with the inclusion of an ice skating rink. I had to place the little people with tweezers, and super-glue on their feet ! (penny for size reference)

IMG_0889-L.jpg

And then, there's my Circus Tribute set .... I have every car.
    All Hail Barnum & Bailey !

IMG_3599%28crop%2C%20edit%2C%20resize1024%29-L.jpg

IMG_3260-L.jpg

I know that some of you have probably seen some of these photos before, but I'm getting older, so forgive me for the repetition. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    'N' gauge trains, and track are very small. Most of these engines, and cars are only about 2" tall.

IMG_3034-L.jpg

IMG_0893-L.jpg

IMG_0891-L.jpg

Setup is completed with the inclusion of an ice skating rink. I had to place the little people with tweezers, and super-glue on their feet ! (penny for size reference)

IMG_0889-L.jpg

IMG_3260-L.jpg

I know that some of you have probably seen some of these photos before, but I'm getting older, so forgive me for the repetition. :)

That’s really cool MM. I still have all of the old N-gauge stuff in boxes, some of which dates back to the late 1970s. It’s been a decade or more since I’ve had any of it out and running.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    4 pack of dragons milk is best shared with at least one friend. As I recall, they are 16 oz bottles and nearly 12% alcohol.
    One kicks my ass.
    Yeah I remember something about that. Its been years since i bought any of those.

IMG_3034-L.jpg

IMG_0893-L.jpg

IMG_0891-L.jpg

IMG_0889-L.jpg

IMG_3260-L.jpg

Sweeeettt, love old diesel locomotives. Train conductor was my dream job when i was little.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a quick range trip down to HHRP this afternoon to run the Mouse AR and a second one. It was empty except for me, so I could just take my time and have fun. I need to work up a load that the MouseGun likes. Too many good parts on that gun to be satisfied with 1.5 to 2.0 MOA groups at 100.

I was testing two different loads today. One with some 68g HPBT and the other with plain old 55g FMJ. The 68g shows promise on that gun and I’ll try to work up a ladder before heading back to the range sometime this week. The hand loaded 55g was running with BL-C(2) and were more accurate than the surplus stuff I’d been burning through.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That’s really cool MM. I still have all of the old N-gauge stuff in boxes, some of which dates back to the late 1970s. It’s been a decade or more since I’ve had any of it out and running.
    Wow, 88' .... I know that we've talked about it before, but it slipped my mind.
    Someday, please bring something over we can put on a small track .... it would be fun to set something up, and run some of your older models ! :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom