Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm suffering this morning as well. Way too much to drink last night. As usual, it was enjoyable last night and I'm paying for it this morning. Ah well, morning all... :coffee:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm suffering this morning as well. Way too much to drink last night. As usual, it was enjoyable last night and I'm paying for it this morning. Ah well, morning all... :coffee:
    At least you had some fun earning your headache. Sinus drainage here in PA and dreams about Bette Midler on a skateboard b4 I woke up. Ug!

Saw some pretty country yesterday. Deposit, NY along the Delaware River. Crazy fly fishermen too.
    :coffee:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning all.

After sleeping through the early evening yesterday I was up until 3am. Then deer and raccoons set off the security cameras 4 times between 4 and 5. Got back to sleep at 6 and stayed that way until 11am. Another morning well spent or wasted depending on your perspective.
    Only your perspective matters in that regard...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Actually got up and got moving this morning to beat the heat. Picked up an Ego battery powered hedge trimmer last night and put it to work a bit. Got out there shortly after 9 to try and not be too obnoxious to my neighbors.

Never had a powered hedge trimmer before. That was definitely nice compared to the manual trimmer. Hedges had a bit of water on them, but hit the trimmer with the blower after and then some silicone spray on the blades. Hopefully that will keep them in good shape.

After all the recent talk of ground nests of yellow jackets and never having run into one myself, I finally found one. Luckily I saw it before they got too pissed off. Hit it with some spray and then came back to that area last. Don't think the spray did much more than a warning shot, but think it made them keep to a cease fire as long as I didn't disturb them directly.

It's already pretty hot out there.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Actually got up and got moving this morning to beat the heat. Picked up an Ego battery powered hedge trimmer last night and put it to work a bit. Got out there shortly after 9 to try and not be too obnoxious to my neighbors.

Never had a powered hedge trimmer before. That was definitely nice compared to the manual trimmer. Hedges had a bit of water on them, but hit the trimmer with the blower after and then some silicone spray on the blades. Hopefully that will keep them in good shape.

After all the recent talk of ground nests of yellow jackets and never having run into one myself, I finally found one. Luckily I saw it before they got too pissed off. Hit it with some spray and then came back to that area last. Don't think the spray did much more than a warning shot, but think it made them keep to a cease fire as long as I didn't disturb them directly.

It's already pretty hot out there.

Look for the dust, it's called Ground Bee and Spider killer. Go out to the nest after dark and spray some down the hole and around the entrance. All dead in a few days. They track it to the hive on their feet, it's great for those hard to get nests.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom