Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    It is crazy. I grew up with zero A/C except a fan. I was 26 before we had it in the house. My mom and dad did it sooner but I was long gone. I seem to have survived.
    I spent my working life either on a smoking hot roof (summer. Tundra cold in the winter) because thats where most of the equipment was or pounding black asphalt in the pits chasing a screaming pissed off super hot race car of some kind.

Now, I still work out in this crap but man when I get home I want it comfy...:)

Didn't have it growing up either. But man, once I got it and realized what I had been missing. I like not sweating while I try to sleep.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Loading up for one more range trip tomorrow. I wanted to get 1,000 rounds through the Phantom while I was on vacation this week, and tomorrow I'll get there. Four range trips in one week is a good vacation.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The wife and I rented a P-07 tonight. Neither of us are fans of polymer, but this one felt really nice in the hand. It fit well and the controls could all be reached easily. The only fault we found was that neither of are 9mm fans, which was only exasperated by bringing along one of the 10mm Witnesses. Otherwise it was a great time and we had a blast. Given our tendency to gravitate towards larger calibers, we’re thinking the 40SW version may be the solution.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The wife and I rented a P-07 tonight. Neither of us are fans of polymer, but this one felt really nice in the hand. It fit well and the controls could all be reached easily. The only fault we found was that neither of are 9mm fans, which was only exasperated by bringing along one of the 10mm Witnesses. Otherwise it was a great time and we had a blast. Given our tendency to gravitate towards larger calibers, we’re thinking the 40SW version may be the solution.

Your wife prefers the 10mm to the 9mm? You married well, sir.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I had a box of Underwood's for the 10 mm but never got 'em out. Hopper? You up next?
    (
    Oof. No, I'm standing my ground for the time being. Never really got any worthwhile nibbles on my S&W 66, which is just as well. I was having seriously mixed emotions letting go of that one to make room for an ECO.

But next Friday is bonus day...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I am convinced air conditioning is all that stands between civilization and a return to the dark ages. I do not handle the heat as well as I once did.
    Amen to this. When I was younger, I thought nothing of ripping off a 10K in some pretty unsavory conditions. Not so much anymore. I think I'm creeping into an age where my body doesn't regulate temperature as efficiently as it did when I wasn't sporting a salt-and-pepper hair color.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It is crazy. I grew up with zero A/C except a fan. I was 26 before we had it in the house. My mom and dad did it sooner but I was long gone. I seem to have survived.
    I spent my working life either on a smoking hot roof (summer. Tundra cold in the winter) because thats where most of the equipment was or pounding black asphalt in the pits chasing a screaming pissed off super hot race car of some kind.

Now, I still work out in this crap but man when I get home I want it comfy...:)
    We spent the last 13 years in a house built in 1956 with electric ceiling cable heat and one wall mounted air conditioning unit, used fans to direct "cool" air down the hallways and space heaters in the winter. Our new house has central air, feel like we're on vacation right now. It's nice not suffering anymore. I will not go back and nobody will make me damnit.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We spent the last 13 years in a house built in 1956 with electric ceiling cable heat and one wall mounted air conditioning unit, used fans to direct "cool" air down the hallways and space heaters in the winter. Our new house has central air, feel like we're on vacation right now. It's nice not suffering anymore. I will not go back and nobody will make me damnit.
    Welcome to civilization sir! A little pain in your youth makes you tough.

You just walked uphill to school both ways. :thumbsup:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Loading up for one more range trip tomorrow. I wanted to get 1,000 rounds through the Phantom while I was on vacation this week, and tomorrow I'll get there. Four range trips in one week is a good vacation.

I've done that. One of the summers my son came home for a visit, we must have done 9 or 10 range trips in a 2 week period. That was a lot of fun... :ar15:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I grew up without A/C. Nobody in our neighborhood had it for years until one family down the street got a window unit. It almost burnt their house down, so it still didn't really catch on until well after we moved to CA. When we first moved to Indy, our A/C sucked. On a warm summer day, the house would run about 81 degrees at best. Learned to live with open windows and ceiling fans until we could afford to replace the system. Don't know if I could do that again. I likes me some A/C now.

That Robar finished PCR sure is sweet looking but the price is way out of my league right now.

Congrats on the Phantom Matt! You'll be quite happy with it, but once worked over by the Wizard, it should be perfect.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    CM I got an email from Midwest Gun Exchange and they have some very nice S&W revolvers for a very good price. Now they are airweights and even one Scandium framed.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Central AC is a godsend, only surpassed by beer. They'll both make you sleep better, but with the AC, you won't wake up sweaty.:laugh:
    I noticed my beer consumption has increased drastically the last month. Probably has something to do with all the repairs I've been making at the new house and all the rewards I've been giving myself......beer rewards.....not other ways of rewar.....nevermind. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM I got an email from Midwest Gun Exchange and they have some very nice S&W revolvers for a very good price. Now they are airweights and even one Scandium framed.

As this goes one of our own has stepped up and set me up. More later as things transpire...:cool:

And many thanks to you and all who have spent some time on this. You guys rock.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I never had AC until I moved out of the house, and got married.

I did basic training 34 years ago, this time of year, at Ft Jackson SC, in WWII barracks. Hell, they'd probably sue the army if they didn't have AC now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom