Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This was the 1st iteration of the "Race" gun. It was a full on hot rod when this pic was taken at Applied Ballistics a few years ago.

Maybe 4 re-makes later and this is the end result. Yeah I am stupid upside down in it...:):
    aIGuvwz.jpg
    I remeber that one. Like glass

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    She always watches this show call Snapped. It's usually about a wife killing her husband and trying to get away with it. I told her I'll stop buying guns when you stop watching shows like that. And if I catch her taking notes, I'm putting a panic room in.

Your wife and my wife must never meet...

Run as hot as you like and it runs flat s a ruler.

Was that the one at the SGE with the dead battery in the optic?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The Phantom and Tactical feel like completely different animals as I'm sure you already figured out. I got rid of my steel framed SP01s because I wanted to. I only gave up the Phantom when I had no other choice.
    It's always yours! I'm just baby sitting it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's always yours! I'm just baby sitting it.

You guys are getting me all worked up over a Phantom. I had a nice one. I let it go and I know not why...???
    It has been a while. I need to shoot one again.....I guess. After I find a wheel gun that is. I just hate to so a 4473 on one. ....:tinfoil:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    OK you S&W wheel gun guys. This is not a knock on this gun or the seller but seriously...???

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...456233-s-w-38spl-snub-square-butt-10-5-a.html

10-5's are pinned barrels which are desirable pre-locks. $750 should get you a nice one with the correct magna grips and a box. That one is probably $350 to $500 depending upon up close condition. Even $600 is a little optimistic. I paid $500 recently for a Model 10. 99% gun with box, tools, etc. and that was out the door, at a gun store WITH Uncle Sam getting his cut and not a store that I am regular at.

If you want a SW snubby in the cheap price range maybe a lock version or something like a used no lock 642 (current production). Personally, I am not a big Airweight fan but they serve a purpose quite well. I like a Model 60 but you're over $500. I REALLY like Dean's 360PD. Less than 12 ounces of 357 mag. Heck yea!!!

Last edited:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    10-5's are pinned barrels which are desirable pre-locks. $750 should get you a nice one with the correct magna grips and a box. That one is probably $350 to $500 depending upon up close condition. Even $600 is a little optimistic. I paid $500 recently for a Model 10. 99% gun with box, tools, etc. and that was out the door, at a gun store WITH Uncle Sam getting his cut and not a store that I am regular at.

If you want a SW snubby in the cheap price range maybe a lock version or something like a used no lock 642 (current production). Personally, I am not a big Airweight fan but they serve a purpose quite well. I like a Model 60 but you're over $500. I REALLY like Dean's 360PD. Less than 12 ounces of 357 mag. Heck yea!!!

Heck yea with .38's. Heck ouch with full bore mag loads.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

I'm with you, airweights aren't fun to shoot, but they make perfect BUGs. A model 60 was a favorite 30 years ago, but I won't pay what they want for them nowadays, for what I'm gonna use it for. It's kind of funny actually, 30 years ago, the airweight smiths were expensive, and the 60 was the cheap one.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    You guys are getting me all worked up over a Phantom. I had a nice one. I let it go and I know not why...???
    It has been a while. I need to shoot one again.....I guess. After I find a wheel gun that is. I just hate to so a 4473 on one. ....:tinfoil:

mcapo's finally got his Phantom. Now it looks like we have to work on the mouse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom