• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Man, ain't that the truth! Every time I get settled, someone stirs the pot and I end up with a gun that I didn't know I wanted until I realized that I can't live without it. Maybe I'm too impressionable to hang with you guys. :dunno:

It has sure been a fun ride though.

Double edged sword having so many credible sources posting good first hand experiences and pictures, etc. I don't have the gun fund to run with the big dogs, but usually interesting to see/hear what folks are into. I generally stick to my niche, but I do find it interesting to see the pieces you guys are obtaining, shooting, having customized, etc. Especially the stuff I won't come in contact with 1st hand (the nice, higher end CZ's and 1911's for example)

One of the best aspects of this forum honestly as opposed to many others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Double edged sword having so many credible sources posting good first hand experiences and pictures, etc. I don't have the gun fund to run with the big dogs, but usually interesting to see/hear what folks are into. I generally stick to my niche, but I do find it interesting to see the pieces you guys are obtaining, shooting, having customized, etc. Especially the stuff I won't come in contact with 1st hand (the nice, higher end CZ's and 1911's for example)

One of the best aspects of this forum honestly as opposed to many others.

To run at these levels takes dedication. If I were not well connected to several revenue streams (and the work they require) very little of this would be available to me. In that I am finding my stamina and patience are waning. This getting old crap sucks.....:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey, getting old does suck but it beats what comes after. Although, at times I do emit gasses that would indicate the rotting has already begun.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    To run at these levels takes dedication. If I were not well connected to several revenue streams (and the work they require) very little of this would be available to me. In that I am finding my stamina and patience are waning. This getting old crap sucks.....:):

Yep, I on the other hand, am connected to too many expenditure streams at the current time (2nd kind at college orientation today, with a first one already in college and more):ingo:
    That said, I also understand that running at the level you guys do takes lots of hard work and tradeoff's.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ran the Ruger Mk IV at lunch today. It was just a quick trip of maybe 20 minutes out at Greenwood PB. I ran 150 rounds of various .22lr through the new gun and it performed flawlessly. I shot a bunch two handed just to see how well I could do and am now more anxious to get the shoulder fixed. For a few rounds, I could do well but there is just no strength in that shoulder and it's tough to do more than a couple of strings, even with the weak hand taking most of the weight. But, dang if she's not a runner. Good trigger and accurate if I do my part.

I do need to replace the sights though. The black on black is tough to see with a black target.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ran the Ruger Mk IV at lunch today. It was just a quick trip of maybe 20 minutes out at Greenwood PB. I ran 150 rounds of various .22lr through the new gun and it performed flawlessly. I shot a bunch two handed just to see how well I could do and am now more anxious to get the shoulder fixed. For a few rounds, I could do well but there is just no strength in that shoulder and it's tough to do more than a couple of strings, even with the weak hand taking most of the weight. But, dang if she's not a runner. Good trigger and accurate if I do my part.

I do need to replace the sights though. The black on black is tough to see with a black target.

I am waiting for the shoot-off with WT's Victory. :popcorn:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Sounds like time to add an optic/red dot... (just living vicariously again, but shouldn't be that bad as that model should already be drilled and tapped for a rail, and there are some pretty good, inexpensive red dots out there such as Primary Arms, etc)

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep, I on the other hand, am connected to too many expenditure streams at the current time (2nd kind at college orientation today, with a first one already in college and more):ingo:
    That said, I also understand that running at the level you guys do takes lots of hard work and tradeoff's.
    Congrats on the 2nd kid starting college. That's a huge burden for a parent to worry about is providing them a college education. We have been very fortunate in that area for the future and it's a big stress reliever. Seriously I commend you

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Congrats on the 2nd kid starting college. That's a huge burden for a parent to worry about is providing them a college education. We have been very fortunate in that area for the future.

Thanks, luckily my first one has a scholarship at University of Alabama (tuition covered, but damn living expenses aren't cheap)... second one not so much, but she'll be living at home and going locally and keeping a part time job, at least this year, so tuition and books for her.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

It also helps that neither of my kids are in college any longer. That alone opens up a lot more funds for the hobby.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man it was rough enough with 2 kids in private schools. I can not even imagine what you are dealing with. In all of your efforts I wish you the best with both of them.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Thanks, luckily my first one has a scholarship at University of Alabama (tuition covered, but damn living expenses aren't cheap)... second one not so much, but she'll be living at home and going locally and keeping a part time job, at least this year, so tuition and books for her.
    Roll_Tide.png

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

Nice on the 'Bama ride!

Three kids through college - two still in. Between college, weddings, first houses, grandchildren and recent medical bills - I am planning my retirement years to be spent taking 3 month stints at each of their homes!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice on the 'Bama ride!

Three kids through college - two still in. Between college, weddings, first houses, grandchildren and recent medical bills - I am planning my retirement years to be spent taking 3 month stints at each of their homes!

In recent weeks the topic (retirement....for real) has come up a few times. The spouse is recovering from a year long struggle. I am not getting any younger (damnit) but the phone keeps ringing. I have a really hard time saying no to the revenue. The SIL works off the rent when he helps me and that helps them tremendously. Also this is how I fund the madness we are all inflicted with.
    I mention this as we have 2 projects scheduled and I sorta made a loose promise to the spouse I was done for the year after that. Well I just hung up the phone with another referral. 3 of his family members have units we installed and they love them. So I will look at his deal on Wed.

Retirement......:lmfao:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    In recent weeks the topic (retirement....for real) has come up a few times. The spouse is recovering from a year long struggle. I am not getting any younger (damnit) but the phone keeps ringing. I have a really hard time saying no to the revenue. The SIL works off the rent when he helps me and that helps them tremendously. Also this is how I fund the madness we are all inflicted with.
    I mention this as we have 2 projects scheduled and I sorta made a loose promise to the spouse I was done for the year after that. Well I just hung up the phone with another referral. 3 of his family members have units we installed and they love them. So I will look at his deal on Wed.

Future CM = Project and Business Manager

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I hear you churchmouse! :thumbsup:
    2. My best friend in the world (since 17 yrs. old) gets on my all the time for not retiring. (He was forced into it at 62 and wants me to suffer with him. :laugh:)
    3. Now that I'm on Medicare I could do it, but 66 is my FRA with Social Security, and every year after that enhances "the retirement package."
    4. I hope to make it to 70 teaching, but health will dictate that or job insecurities (which now is fine, but could change any year). :fogey:
    5. By my standards, I'm rich, as long as I continue to work, but retirement will curtail my "all-in" approach to discovering what I don't even know yet, and the new "discovery."
    6. Like my latest CZ quest: I didn't even hardly know what they were 2 weeks ago, other than that they were in another price bracket than my usual Ruger, Smith, and occasional Walther.

7. By the way for anyone reading and this is the CZ thread: Is the Rami a suitable replacement (CC) for the Shield 9, Sig 365, or Glock 43, or the Glock 26, or is the Rami bigger?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom