Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll add another vote for the black screws. They just go well with that pistol and those grips. What type of Magwell is that? I may look into something like that for my A2.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Got another 150 rounds or so through my new P07 yesterday. It's breaking in very nicely. Already the DA is much smoother and the SA is excellent too.

Shot it up against my buddy's pair of P229s, one of which has the whole GrayGuns catalog in it. Stock P07 outshot it in my hands, was tie with my friend. So his first time with the P07 he's shooting it as well as the 229 he's sent many a round through in the last 15 years or so. And his 229 was a $1200 enhanced elite something or other (all brushed alloy in appearance). The other 229 was a basic Nitron with SRT added.

After holding the P07, a 229 sure feels FAT in your hand. Chub-Bee.

Someday I'll have a 229 in .357 sig. But I'm delighted, just absolutely in love with my P07.

Like I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with a full Cajun, I'll just swap the failure-prone trigger return spring and call it good.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Man, I really need to get my 9mm P07 back off of my son. I've been running my .40 P07 with a Kadet kit. Missing the other P07 more and more each day.

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus
    So I got a second wind.

It begins.......:)

Fitting the magwell and the pearce grip enhancments.

Do we like the black grip screws.........:dunno:

Or the Stainless ones.....:dunno:

What say you all.

Edit......Not shown is the 1 piece guide rod.

Love the grips. My vote goes to the black screws. :thumbsup:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    It is strange how I can do 2 same CZ's and do all the polishing the same install the goodies and one may feel better than the other in DA. It is much easier to match the single action break. The double actions are not as easy to accomplish. Most of them require many rounds to really mate to parts together giving the feel of butter. My thought is that the quality control of stock component parts that are kept with the addition of the CGW parts cause some of the variations we feel. Remember that the CGW parts are made to be drop in parts in all CZ's so you will see them in some guns turn out extremely good and some guns just good. Then there are some that will require fitting of the disconnector to achieve reset in SA & DA. To some degree I can take the good gun and make excellent by a little polish to fit and sometime nothing extra to gain and will need rounds downrange to smooth things out. On some guns I will put a rubber O ring over the firing pin for the hammer to hit and set and watch tv while pulling the trigger in DA lets say for 1000 pulls switching fingers and hand and can feel a difference in smoothing out.

At Menards 7/16 X 5/16, #6 for SP-01 ,97's and 5/16 X 3/16 #36 for 75's PCR, compacts, P-01 because I'm cheap and they are under .60 each

My mind is working a little slow tonight. Where are you placing the O-ring?

This should answer the question.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Can't find my car keys this morning. I've gone through the house twice now and have no luck just yet. Hate when that happens, but good thing that I'm working from home today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom