Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I love the Kadet kit that I have on one of my P07s. I probably shoot that gun better than a lot of others simply because I run a lot of .22lr through it and have just gotten a feel for the thing. I've taken it out to MCFG and put 100 rounds through it, then swapped slides with the .40 slide and ran a box of .40 just as well as I did the .22lr. It would be great if every gun had that option. I've been toying with the Advantage Arms kit for my G23.

I have a 22 conversion kit for a 1911. I bought it to save money and shoot more. But I never felt like it helped me that much. I just felt like I was shooting a big 22. Maybe I would have better luck with a Kadet kit.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    This is a very painting centric day for me. Need some GPT as the only thing I've shot today was the color coat on the son's new front valance. Since then, I've been helping the wife paint the upstairs bathroom. That's a little room with lots of tight corners and is a royal PITA. Almost done though.

I need to figure out what to do with the SP01 Tactical. I could move it on when the next shiny thing pops up but I know that with the right work, that could be a stellar performer. But, if I'm going to put money into a gun, it will probably be the Phantom right now. That one is doing nightstand duty now days.

I have both and love both. The Phantom is light enough to carry but still shoots like a range gun. I do appreciate the extra weight of the SP-01 at the range. I have a standard SP-01, so no decocker. I like the safety at the range, because my right thumb rides the top of the safety when I grip.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Spent the day doing various things around the house. Did weed eating of the back yard, sprayed weeds in the front yard, used my power sprayer to clean the front and one side of the house and am now indoors relaxing.

I have both and love both. The Phantom is light enough to carry but still shoots like a range gun. I do appreciate the extra weight of the SP-01 at the range. I have a standard SP-01, so no decocker. I like the safety at the range, because my right thumb rides the top of the safety when I grip.

I'm the same. If I have the choice between an external safety on a gun or a decocker, I'll take a safety most of the time. Like you, I prefer to ride the safety with my thumb.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Spent the day doing various things around the house. Did weed eating of the back yard, sprayed weeds in the front yard, used my power sprayer to clean the front and one side of the house and am now indoors relaxing.

I'm the same. If I have the choice between an external safety on a gun or a decocker, I'll take a safety most of the time. Like you, I prefer to ride the safety with my thumb.

I'm guessing you have a lot of time with a 1911 in your background?

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have a 22 conversion kit for a 1911. I bought it to save money and shoot more. But I never felt like it helped me that much. I just felt like I was shooting a big 22. Maybe I would have better luck with a Kadet kit.

It really helps working in a trigger. I also use it to train new shooters, they don’t develop a flinch with it, then they progress to the 9mm. It help me with trigger control...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I need to figure out what to do with the SP01 Tactical. I could move it on when the next shiny thing pops up but I know that with the right work, that could be a stellar performer. But, if I'm going to put money into a gun, it will probably be the Phantom right now. That one is doing nightstand duty now days.[/QUOTE]

1. Someone say SP-01 Tactical? :scratch:
    2. Isn't that the one that is 41 ozs. that I'm looking for? :coffee:

I got my P-07 trigger feeling very good by installing the CGW kit and then shooting the crap out of it with the .22 Kadet kit on the gun. Can get a lot of trigger pulls in, bullets down range and it’s cheap.

3. Someone recommended that I get a Kadet Kit for my Omega since they know I love my .22LRs (with would work on a SP-01 75 as well, I believe).

I love the Kadet kit that I have on one of my P07s. I probably shoot that gun better than a lot of others simply because I run a lot of .22lr through it and have just gotten a feel for the thing. I've taken it out to MCFG and put 100 rounds through it, then swapped slides with the .40 slide and ran a box of .40 just as well as I did the .22lr. It would be great if every gun had that option. I've been toying with the Advantage Arms kit for my G23.

4. I have one for my Glock 26, but it doesn't do anything for me compared to my other dedicated .22LR semi-autos, and don't think I'll mess with it for a long while and probably should sell it for $200 (be cool if I could trade for a Kadet kit for the CZ, with money on my part, to see if it was any more stimulating than the A.A. kit on the Glock, which is too light and too small to be fun with .22 rounds (imo).

It is. It's the Tactical version though, so it has a decocker. If I decide to let it go, I'll PM you. I've been trying to figure out what role it plays in the collection now that the Phantom is here.

5. You are right. Since you have the Phantom, the Tactical has to go. :rofl:
    6. 2nd dibs on the Tactical. :laugh:
    7. I have a wonderful FNS Longslide that I would trade toward it. :popcorn:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm guessing you have a lot of time with a 1911 in your background?

I've only been shooting for ~5 years, but I've shot a lot of 1911's and riding the thumb safety feels very natural for me. It helps that I'm comfortable doing so as the safety on my S&W Victory is so touchy that it's easily engaged on accident. If I don't ride the safety I end up having to stop shooting because it came on due to the slight recoil during shooting. PITA but a non-issue when riding the safety with my thumb.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I got a second wind.

It begins.......:)
    9LUS9Ns.jpg

Fitting the magwell and the pearce grip enhancments.
    XSYXl7N.jpg

Do we like the black grip screws.........:dunno:
    7xfbgVn.jpg

Or the Stainless ones.....:dunno:

rtShi13.jpg

What say you all.

Edit......Not shown is the 1 piece guide rod.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So I got a second wind.

It begins.......:)
    9LUS9Ns.jpg

Fitting the magwell and the pearce grip enhancments.
    XSYXl7N.jpg

Do we like the black grip screws.........:dunno:
    7xfbgVn.jpg

Or the Stainless ones.....:dunno:

rtShi13.jpg

What say you all.

Edit......Not shown is the 1 piece guide rod.

Oh my! I might need a minute.

Definitely black.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Black screws. Those wood grips are very nice. I like the look of those, with the black of the gun. Very nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom