Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Point Blank is running a special on range time this weekend. $5 for a half hour, $10 for a full hour, free second shooter, and targets for $0.50. I am meeting friends on the northside of indy for some board gaming, but before meeting them, I am heading to the range.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Question for you all. I recently acquired an SP-01 in .40 that came with three 12+2 Mecgar magazines. It seems like when they are loaded with all 14 rounds that the mag will not drop free. Are they bulging slightly with the 2 extra rounds? I've tested the gun with other plain 12 rounders and it seems to work fine.

Also thanks for the O-ring advice. I finally picked some up today and have been pulling DA all evening. My fingers and arms hurt! Hopefully this helps smooth some things up before deciding if I want to put some Cajun goodies in it.

That pistol cannot be fixed. You need to find someone that will take it off your hands and give it a good retirement home. I might know someone that's still into .40 that would be glad to add that to the museum of .40 pistols. Just PM me and I'll arrange the pickup. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Point Blank is running a special on range time this weekend. $5 for a half hour, $10 for a full hour, free second shooter, and targets for $0.50. I am meeting friends on the northside of indy for some board gaming, but before meeting them, I am heading to the range.

Enjoy your range time... :rockwoot:

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Morning folks! :coffee:

That pistol cannot be fixed. You need to find someone that will take it off your hands and give it a good retirement home. I might know someone that's still into .40 that would be glad to add that to the museum of .40 pistols. Just PM me and I'll arrange the pickup. :)

You're in luck, I happen to have 2 of them! In all seriousness I put a set of calipers to the magazines and results confirmed what I thought. An empty mag was .798"-.801" wide, while a mag with 12 rounds came out to be .806"-.809". When I put the extra two rounds into the mags, they swell up to .812"-.814". That extra 3-5 thousandths is enough to have problems dropping the magazines. Sometimes they will fall out, but often they are slightly hung up. Looks like my options are to only load 12 rounds or try to sand/polish the magazines to fit a little less snug.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Family Pic Update
    iajp050.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Tour de France (?) but I don't know who the top American is.

Yep. Tejay Van Garderen was in third down six seconds going into Stage 9. Now he is 30th. I think there are only 5 or 6 US riders in the race?

Lance et al killed the sport....I watch a little but hard to really get into it anymore.

I am a former runner (well more of a stumbling slow fat guy joggnig but runner sounds more impressive) and did a little riding. The physical abuse those guys put themselves through makes running a marathon look like a rest day.

Hope to get the running shoes back on in August.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Slow Sunday for me ..... but in pistola related news, I'll be receiving a new Galco leather magazine holder for my Sig 220 mags in today's mail. Winning !!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom