Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I am not a Facebooker, so I have no chance of seeing the photo. I'm sad !

BUT, it's cool to know that we have another thing in common, CM. I played (rhythm guitar) in a garage band about the same time as you.
    That passion never really left me .... I still have a music room. :)

i-3N9ScqK-L.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am not a Facebooker, so I have no chance of seeing the photo. I'm sad !

BUT, it's cool to know that we have another thing in common, CM. I played (rhythm guitar) in a garage band about the same time as you.
    That passion never really left me .... I still have a music room. :)

i-3N9ScqK-L.jpg
    I love the les paul with the dual P90's. I have an original 1956 Gibson les Paul Jr sunburst. Dont know how to play anything except chords though. But I love the hell out of the few guitars I have. I havent had them out in a while. Might be a good reason to dig a couple out and play alittle.
    Big Green Day fan for like 25 years now almost. That's why I have a couple Jr's.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I love the les paul with the dual P90's. I have an original 1956 Gibson les Paul Jr sunburst. Dont know how to play anything except chords though. But I love the hell out of the few guitars I have. I havent had them out in a while. Might be a good reason to dig a couple out and play alittle.
    Big Green Day fan for like 25 years now almost. That's why I have a couple Jr's.

Cool, TT !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yankees? Did some say Yankees? Grew up with season tickets during the late 70's/early 80's...

Our claim to fame was we docked our boat next to the organist at Yankee Stadium. Eddie Layton. He had this little tug boat under the shadow of the Tappen Zee Bridge. He was a real character on the docks.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yankees? Did some say Yankees? Grew up with season tickets during the late 70's/early 80's...

Our claim to fame was we docked our boat next to the organist at Yankee Stadium. Eddie Layton. He had this little tug boat under the shadow of the Tappen Zee Bridge. He was a real character on the docks.
    Wow thats so awesome man. I love the Yankees and especialy the old Yankees. Greatest team ever

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Wow thats so awesome man. I love the Yankees and especially the old Yankees. Greatest team ever

I didn't know how cool it was at the time. We used to take the train from home to the stadium door.

In the same row of slips, Nelson/Laurence Rockefeller had a converted PT boat. That was pretty sweet.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thank you, you too! Since you shared a side hobby heres one of mine. Game used baseball stuff and autographed baseballs especialy Mickey Mantle because he was the best ever.
    AROD game used authenticated Bat, and MM signed ball.
    Also the new CZ 75 shadow tac II
    GN40Rd0.jpg

Holy crap .... that's a treasure ! :faint:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks guys. My dad is old as dirt. Dirt that's older than CM actualy :):
    So I grew up hearing stories about Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle and YOGI and Whitey Ford ect and how he would take their cards too and put them into the spokes of his bike lol
    Anyways for a boy from the corn fields of Indiana the Big New York Yankees were like golden Greek Gods. I grew up watching all the old black and white movies and shows that were on rerun that had some of them in them. Then I got a VHS tape of old games. It was the greatest thing ever. And so it began. Then I got to meet the Mick, the commerce Commet, before he died in '94 or 95. As a kid I dont think there was any greater memory that I have. I still have the ball he signed for me. I still remeber his smile and every word he said and what it sounds like. I've collected a lot of Mickey Mantle stuff over the years. If he touched it, or wore it, or signed it, I've done anything I can to get it. I'd sell body parts for mickey mantle stuff If it was legal :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom