Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When shooting lefty, I tend to hit high and to the right. I could fix the flinch or just rotate the gun Gansta style and go for head shots :).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    B/C of this thread (or its cousin) the CZ is on my radar.
    Today, I visited 3 shops, and the one in Westfield at Tim's Shooting and had a chance to hold the CZ 75 SP-01 and the 75B in my hand.
    They had the Shadow as well, but I did not feel worthy it touch it. :laugh:
    Ok, I just didn't want to push it with the counter guy. :dunno:
    They did not have the Compact there.
    Since the SP-01 is the heaviest, that would be the one I'd want.
    When I was holding one of them (don't remember)and it reminded my of the Beretta 92, which I'm sure is an offensive remark, but remember:
    I'm a .22LR guy. :rofl:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    B/C of this thread (or its cousin) the CZ is on my radar.
    Today, I visited 3 shops, and the one in Westfield at Tim's Shooting and had a chance to hold the CZ 75 SP-01 and the 75B in my hand.
    They had the Shadow as well, but I did not feel worthy it touch it. :laugh:
    Ok, I just didn't want to push it with the counter guy. :dunno:
    They did not have the Compact there.
    Since the SP-01 is the heaviest, that would be the one I'd want.
    When I was holding one of them (don't remember)and it reminded my of the Beretta 92, which I'm sure is an offensive remark, but remember:
    I'm a .22LR guy. :rofl:

If you would like to shoot a stock SP-01 let me know. Tim's or Point Blank Carmel are my goto indoor ranges.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I just got a SP-01 Phantom and I love it. I love the SA action, but the DA I would like to lighten up. I've read that you can do some polishing and it will lighten it up, but I'm wondering just how much polishing will do. I don't mind polishing but if it isn't going to be noticeable or view-able then I'm not too keen on it. So do I buy and replace parts or polish? I would like to shorten the reset at some point, but that is further down the road. Also trying to do this on a budget while keeping the gun safe to carry.
    SP01_P.png

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you would like to shoot a stock SP-01 let me know. Tim's or Point Blank Carmel are my goto indoor ranges.

1. Thanks! I'll write it down so I don't forget.
    2. I'll pm you to see what time is best for you since I'm on vacation with just some medical appts here and there.
    3. I can bring my FNSs to the range if you like or other fun older guns 9mms, unless you are deprived and need access to some of my fine .22LRs. :laugh:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    1. Thanks! I'll write it down so I don't forget.
    2. I'll pm you to see what time is best for you since I'm on vacation with just some medical appts here and there.
    3. I can bring my FNSs to the range if you like or other fun older guns 9mms, unless you are deprived and need access to some of my fine .22LRs. :laugh:

I like FN's if we can get GregD to pop over we would have a true variety of CZ's. I have the SP-01 and a P-01.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I just got a SP-01 Phantom and I love it. I love the SA action, but the DA I would like to lighten up. I've read that you can do some polishing and it will lighten it up, but I'm wondering just how much polishing will do. I don't mind polishing but if it isn't going to be noticeable or view-able then I'm not too keen on it. So do I buy and replace parts or polish? I would like to shorten the reset at some point, but that is further down the road. Also trying to do this on a budget while keeping the gun safe to carry.
    This is the information you seek:
    https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0

As an FYI, Schmeky is the owner of Cajun Gun Works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom