The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Four hours sleep...some days self employment is rough but, hey, I pick up a P365 this morning and an "unfired" SW 5906 should be here this afternoon. Quick range trip to function test the P365 and see if it breaks. Not following my own advice as to buying the newest gadget....we shall see...

I wish my LGS would get a RAMI in...makes it hard to not look at Dean's Accu-Shadow. Again, not following my own advice to lay off the purchases. Gun fund is NEGATIVE...

Nice, WT, no one would suspect on a beautiful weather Friday! :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good for you. Well deserved, I'm sure.

Thanks BA :yesway:

Four hours sleep...some days self employment is rough but, hey, I pick up a P365 this morning and an "unfired" SW 5906 should be here this afternoon. Quick range trip to function test the P365 and see if it breaks. Not following my own advice as to buying the newest gadget....we shall see...

I wish my LGS would get a RAMI in...makes it hard to not look at Dean's Accu-Shadow. Again, not following my own advice to lay off the purchases. Gun fund is NEGATIVE...

Yeah, I'm beyond my ability to care ;)

My management are idiots when it comes to working from home. I slept poorly last night so I turned off the alarm and let myself sleep in. Woke up with a screaming headache and just didn't feel like heading into the office. If we were allowed to work from home more than our scheduled 2 days a week, I would have just opted to work from home. Since that flexibility has been taken away and I have a ton of PTO time saved up, I opted to call in sick and take a "me day" instead.

I work a job that I could do from anywhere with internet access. Being in the office is not at all necessary, but management feels a need to have us in the office more often than not. I'm just getting a bit sick dealing with this attitude.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Good luck with the Sig. Everything I'm reading has the striker failing no matter what. The design is flawed and all of them have a LOT of striker drag on the primer. You'll read a lot about the material as well, but the design is really what causes them to fail, and it's not fixable even with an aftermarket forged or machined from bar part. It'll cause the striker to fail now, 500 round from now, 1000 rounds from now.....it's a time bomb.

Not to mention all of the Indian MIM material in that handgun.....

If you can still cancel the transaction, I'd recommend not buying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good luck with the Sig. Everything I'm reading has the striker failing no matter what. The design is flawed and all of them have a LOT of striker drag on the primer. You'll read a lot about the material as well, but the design is really what causes them to fail, and it's not fixable even with an aftermarket forged or machined from bar part. It'll cause the striker to fail now, 500 round from now, 1000 rounds from now.....it's a time bomb.

Not to mention all of the Indian MIM material in that handgun.....

If you can still cancel the transaction, I'd recommend not buying.

No Sigs. None.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Seedubs, et al - here is the thing; I agree with everything posted about the Sigs (Including an SAO Legion that was a great gun). My advice to anyone considering the purchase of a P365 would be to wait at least a year for the 365.4.2.1 to come out. The gun is evolutionary not revolutionary. It ain’t changing the world.

In spite of that advice, I am going to buy the gun today. So… When I am posting here about my new $500 wall hanger I fully expect to be reminded that, not only did you warn me, but I am warned myself.

I also expect Hoosier45 to jump in anytime now and remind me that for $400 I could’ve had a gun on that not only functions but shots 45…

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anyone going to the speedway this weekend for the Vintage Gran Prix? I'm trying to figure out if I can take the old Fiat to the infield car show tomorrow. Not sure what time I need to be there by. I'll I've found is a start time but that does not really say what the window to enter the a car in the show is.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Seedubs, et al - here is the thing; I agree with everything posted about the Sigs (Including an SAO Legion that was a great gun). My advice to anyone considering the purchase of a P365 would be to wait at least a year for the 365.4.2.1 to come out. The gun is evolutionary not revolutionary. It ain’t changing the world.
    In spite of that advice, I am going to buy the gun today. So… When I am posting here about my new $500 wall hanger I fully expect to be reminded that, not only did you warn me, but I am warned myself.
    I also expect Hoosier45 to jump in anytime now and remind me that for $400 I could’ve had a gun on that not only functions but shots 45…

1. I hear your processing.
    2. I am capable of getting the 365 someday, but it will not be a used $400 version of the 1st run; I'll probably wait for who knows how long, unless I can do here what I've done when shopping for the expensive Glocks: buy off a trusted member at a good price.
    3. Got the Glock 26 for $400 from a guy here who was trimming (like NIB), and it has been awesome; I even bought an Advantage Arms .22LR conversion kit, just to show the confidence that I have in it being a long-term gun for me which most guys think is an oxymoron statement in my context. :laugh:
    4. I did take a chance and bought a Glock 42 and 43 from Armslist from a guy who seemed to have a great profile with guns that were like NIB ($400 & $425 w/holster and Pearce pinky extension). Loved the accuracy of the 42, but the Glock 43 didn't make the cut: SW MP Shield was better in my hands.
    5. I will rent a 365 at the range to make sure it "fits" and do one of my range tests to be sure of its accuracy, but if it is smaller than the Shield, I'm open to another good 9mm, then cut the Shield.
    6. If I can buy a small 9 that works, I'll be able to cut the .380s that I have (Colt Mustang Pocketlite % Glock 42). Since I'm too old to keep a "collector gun" like I thought the Mustang would be, I intend to sell it when I'm back on my feet anyway since I've never liked it, but kept it just b/c it was a Colt (from 1990ish).

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hope pe it works out. The lure of that many rounds in that small of a package is high. Hopefully Glock is watching and comes out with a model to compete.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hope pe it works out. The lure of that many rounds in that small of a package is high. Hopefully Glock is watching and comes out with a model to compete.

Will be interesting to see if they do. I "think" Glock would have to seriously change the design of it's mags to pull it off (polymer with metal inserts) and Glock has not exactly been know to push the boundaries of design much since their initial launch into the market. That said, they have come out with some new models here and there recently due to their market being a bit crowded by competitors, so it's possible.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd be in for a Smith M&P, HK, or Walther as well.....Just not Sig.

Will be interesting to see if they do. I "think" Glock would have to seriously change the design of it's mags to pull it off (polymer with metal inserts) and Glock has not exactly been know to push the boundaries of design much since their initial launch into the market. That said, they have come out with some new models here and there recently due to their market being a bit crowded by competitors, so it's possible.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I too hope they are able to work out the kinks. I've rented and shot the gun and was very, very impressed. Great size and weight, better than standard capacity for the size and X-ray 3 night sights on top of everything else. One sweet little package if they can figure out and resolve the issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom