The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll probably pick a 365 up one of these days too but I'll hold off until they've earned a better track record. Until then, I'll most likely buy a P10S. Oh, wait, CZ is dragging their feet on that one. Gonna have to be a G26 if I want a subcompact striker fired 9mm I guess.

I did a quick 20 minute trip to MCFG to practice left hand shooting. I put a quick 150 rounds down range through the P01, SP01 Compact, SP01 Tactical and P10C. I cannot really say if I shot anyone better than any other, so for now I'm sticking with the P10C as my EDC when the shoulder gets done. In the mean time, I need to work on the left hand to cure a bad flinch that I have.

Advice to those that don't practice weak hand shooting regularly: I was an idiot and only practiced weak hand shooting rarely because I thought that the need was remote. It never occurred to me that something as simple as pushing a car could turn me into a lefty for 6 to 10 weeks. Don't be an idiot like I was. Practice weak hand shooting so if you do need to switch hands for a while, you can do so without much trouble.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'll probably pick a 365 up one of these days too but I'll hold off until they've earned a better track record. Until then, I'll most likely buy a P10S. Oh, wait, CZ is dragging their feet on that one. Gonna have to be a G26 if I want a subcompact striker fired 9mm I guess.

I did a quick 20 minute trip to MCFG to practice left hand shooting. I put a quick 150 rounds down range through the P01, SP01 Compact, SP01 Tactical and P10C. I cannot really say if I shot anyone better than any other, so for now I'm sticking with the P10C as my EDC when the shoulder gets done. In the mean time, I need to work on the left hand to cure a bad flinch that I have.

Advice to those that don't practice weak hand shooting regularly: I was an idiot and only practiced weak hand shooting rarely because I thought that the need was remote. It never occurred to me that something as simple as pushing a car could turn me into a lefty for 6 to 10 weeks. Don't be an idiot like I was. Practice weak hand shooting so if you do need to switch hands for a while, you can do so without much trouble.

No problem. I shoot just as bed left handed as I do right. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anyone going to the speedway this weekend for the Vintage Gran Prix? I'm trying to figure out if I can take the old Fiat to the infield car show tomorrow. Not sure what time I need to be there by. I'll I've found is a start time but that does not really say what the window to enter the a car in the show is.

We have been listening to the cars from our house. It is a wonderful song.
    Couple of friends are running out there this weekend.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You could hear them very clearly at MCFG this morning. Clear enough to hear the exhaust popping when they let up on the throttle. It's a wonderful sound.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd be in for a Smith M&P, HK, or Walther as well.....Just not Sig.

Yep, I'd be interested if it were a Glock or an M&P... the others would really have to convince me.

Thanks for the Public Service Announcement as it hits home for me. I have not practiced weak hand in quite some time and never did it much to begin with. I need to change that up a bit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, I'd be interested if it were a Glock or an M&P... the others would really have to convince me.

Thanks for the Public Service Announcement as it hits home for me. I have not practiced weak hand in quite some time and never did it much to begin with. I need to change that up a bit.

I used to run weak hand drills all the time when I rod regularly. Throttle on the bikes are right hand. If you had to use your gun weak hand was the only option. Since we sold all of them I have become very lax in this.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Made a quick range trip between appointments with the P365, P938, PC Shield and a PCR by Wizard.

The short story is the SIG ran 100 rounds of mixed ammo flawlessly. It’s a very soft shooter with a surprisingly manageable grip for its small size. I was most accurate with the 12 round mag which would be expected but all in all I found it very accurate at 10 yards and was able to hit a 4 inch plate at 25 yards more or less consistently.

I was much more consistent with the PC shield with tighter groups but I also have many more rounds through the gun. The 938 has a snappier recoil and a crappy trigger.

The 365 is surprisingly small. Feels and carries smaller than its dimensions. And so far, I am rather impressed with it.

The primer drag does concern me.

The 365 is on the far left with the shield in the middle and the 938 on the right. This was the first round shot out of each gun cold with the same ammo.

Bottom line? If all three fell in the lake and I only went home with the PCR by Wizard, I would still have a smile on my face…

f36505f50025b8d024ec7879c3c1fa40.heic

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Made a quick range trip between appointments with the P365, P938, PC Shield and a PCR by Wizard.
    The short story is the SIG ran 100 rounds of mixed ammo flawlessly. It’s a very soft shooter with a surprisingly manageable grip for its small size. I was most accurate with the 12 round mag which would be expected but all in all I found it very accurate at 10 yards and was able to hit a 4 inch plate at 25 yards more or less consistently.
    I was much more consistent with the PC shield with tighter groups but I also have many more rounds through the gun. The 938 has a snappier recoil and a crappy trigger.
    The 365 is surprisingly small. Feels and carries smaller than its dimensions. And so far, I am rather impressed with it.
    The primer drag does concern me.
    The 938 is on the far left with the shield in the middle and the 938 on the right. This was the first round shot out of each gun cold with the same ammo.
    Bottom line? If all three fell in the lake and I only went home with the PCR by Wizard, I would still have a smile on my face…

1. Quite an endorsement! Appreciate the feedback comparing these guns. :thumbsup:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I also expect Hoosier45 to jump in anytime now and remind me that for $400 I could’ve had a gun on that not only functions but shots 45…

Sorry for the delay. I can't access INGO from work anymore.

But for $400 you could have had a gun that not only functions but shoots 45. Your friends would be jealous. Your wife and kids would be proud. Makes you look a little taller and younger when you shoot it.

But enjoy your new Sig!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

But for $400 you could have had a gun that not only functions but shoots 45. Your friends would be jealous. Your wife and kids would be proud. Makes you look a little taller and younger when you shoot it.

But enjoy your new Sig!

Drop the mic .... BOOM ! :):

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

But enjoy your new Sig!

Emasculated in a single post.

For sale cheap. Mouse gun. Will trade for big bore guns only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom