The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Some before pics of my last project.

GjEnIPk.jpg
    [/IMG]

HqS8SOH.jpg
    [/IMG]

I do so love these old guns. :drool:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey guys, trigger mechanism quwstion: in my P01, just replaced the hammer, disconnector, trigger, and firing pin block lifter with some CZ Custom parts, along with polishing the internals and swapping a lighter hammer spring and trigger spring, also doing an extended firing pin
    heres the issue.

After doing the work, my double action is releasing too early. I haven't test fired it yet but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get light strikes. It releases what looks to be 1/4" shy of where my similarly modified SP01 (albeit with CGW parts) releases.

Which component dictates that release point, and what can you guys tell me about it? Thanks!

We've had this problem a few times before. Did you just get these parts or have you had them for a while? Pretty sure the issue is the disconnector.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Hey guys, trigger mechanism quwstion: in my P01, just replaced the hammer, disconnector, trigger, and firing pin block lifter with some CZ Custom parts, along with polishing the internals and swapping a lighter hammer spring and trigger spring, also doing an extended firing pin
    heres the issue.

After doing the work, my double action is releasing too early. I haven't test fired it yet but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get light strikes. It releases what looks to be 1/4" shy of where my similarly modified SP01 (albeit with CGW parts) releases.

Which component dictates that release point, and what can you guys tell me about it? Thanks!

That is caused by the side wing face of the disconnector. It is possible but not likely that the length from the face to the center of the pin hole is short giving you a shorter release of the hammer. The DA wing face mates up against the trigger bar face and at the end of the DA hammer travel it slides upward and off the trigger bar face and Bang!

Last edited:

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    That is caused by the side wing face of the disconnector. It is possible but not likely that the length from the face to the center of the pin hole is short giving you a shorter release of the hammer. The DA wing face mates up against the trigger bar face and at the end of the DA hammer travel it slides upward and off the trigger bar face and Bang!

I've heard that, and they're also might be tension on the trigger bar. Going to check the spring tension first, before I tear everything down. Thanks for the ideas guys

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think, based on the video and issues reported across the net, it may be best to wait for Sig to address the various issues with the gun before recommending one. Too bad, as I really like the gun. Hopefully they'll work out the problems and get a version 3 out. Despite what MAC reported, the version he tested was version 2, as the first version had standard 3 dot sights (like the one I rented at Point Blank a month or two ago when it was first released). I believe the trigger was improved between the first and second versions as well.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    Well...I figure it is about time I dip my toe in this thread. Picked up my first CZ yesterday. The CZC custom that gregkl had listed came home with me. Then I turned around and
    bought a NIB Rami BD off a CZ forum. Here we go....:):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well...I figure it is about time I dip my toe in this thread. Picked up my first CZ yesterday. The CZC custom that gregkl had listed came home with me. Then I turned around and
    bought a NIB Rami BD off a CZ forum. Here we go....:):

There's a CZ Forum?

Replaced the recoil springs in my 9MM Rami this morning. Smaller diameter spring was noticeably shorter than the new spring. Looking forward to laying hands on my .40 and seeing if the new springs will make a difference in it's reliability.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's a CZ Forum?

Replaced the recoil springs in my 9MM Rami this morning. Smaller diameter spring was noticeably shorter than the new spring. Looking forward to laying hands on my .40 and seeing if the new springs will make a difference in it's reliability.

I did the 1st rough fit up on one of the current projects on the bench. The single stack. It has a few issues that are easily addressed. Usually takes 3 complete fit ups to get everything happy.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Same to all. I have been so good about clearing out some space in the safe, was telling myself nothing new for a while, then Allen puts that 10mm commander up in the classifieds. Me wants, bad.
    Can’t fault anyone for that. That has WOW wrote all over it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom