The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good for you. I love to see people's excitement when they first start shooting and realize why we love the hobby.

My greatest joy in all of this is taking a new shooter to the range. One that was anti-gun and now see's the troubled world we live in.
    baby steps at 1st and before the end of the 1st day they are ringing steel and smiles so big they are near permanent.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good for you. I love to see people's excitement when they first start shooting and realize why we love the hobby.

My greatest joy in all of this is taking a new shooter to the range. One that was anti-gun and now see's the troubled world we live in.
    baby steps at 1st and before the end of the 1st day they are ringing steel and smiles so big they are near permanent.

Yeah, it was a good time. He's not a completely new shooter, but he grew up around dems in Detroit so his exposure was limited. He knew many of us that were his friends were into guns and has come out with us a couple of times now to try things out. He's looking for his first gun and is doing research and getting familiar with both the guns and shooting at the range. I was trying out new grips on one of my Victory 22's and had the other one there with the carbon fiber barrel and the red dot, so he got to run both of those for a while. Great guns. Then he switched over to the 9's a buddy and I brought. My P10 and my buddy had a couple Glocks and some other guns. We had rented the Sig P365 as well, as he wanted to try that out. He's not in a hurry, so he's going to take a couple of months to shoot a bunch of different stuff. Hopefully he ends up with something that fits his needs and that he enjoys shooting.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yeah, it was a good time. He's not a completely new shooter, but he grew up around dems in Detroit so his exposure was limited. He knew many of us that were his friends were into guns and has come out with us a couple of times now to try things out. He's looking for his first gun and is doing research and getting familiar with both the guns and shooting at the range. I was trying out new grips on one of my Victory 22's and had the other one there with the carbon fiber barrel and the red dot, so he got to run both of those for a while. Great guns. Then he switched over to the 9's a buddy and I brought. My P10 and my buddy had a couple Glocks and some other guns. We had rented the Sig P365 as well, as he wanted to try that out. He's not in a hurry, so he's going to take a couple of months to shoot a bunch of different stuff. Hopefully he ends up with something that fits his needs and that he enjoys shooting.

So ..... what did you think about the 365 ? I haven't even seen one in person yet.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Hey guys, trigger mechanism quwstion: in my P01, just replaced the hammer, disconnector, trigger, and firing pin block lifter with some CZ Custom parts, along with polishing the internals and swapping a lighter hammer spring and trigger spring, also doing an extended firing pin
    heres the issue.

After doing the work, my double action is releasing too early. I haven't test fired it yet but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get light strikes. It releases what looks to be 1/4" shy of where my similarly modified SP01 (albeit with CGW parts) releases.

Which component dictates that release point, and what can you guys tell me about it? Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom