The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Cash is my last stand against technology, that,and my wife works in bank card fraud. I'll use my card only where safe, which isn't many places.

My hat is off to those that can embrace the future and technology. WT, and Haven, I admire your sense of adventure. :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice day out there today. I really wish there had been some range time involved.

On an unrelated note, I signed up for the class that Coach and BBI are conducting at the end of September and am trying to figure out what pistol I should run there. WTB is going to run his P10C and I've been thinking about taking mine along as well, but have been toying with taking the G23 or G30 instead. The P10C is what I carry during the summer, so it makes sense to take what's been on your holster for the last 3 months, but the G23/G30 are what I carry the rest of the year, so maybe it makes more sense to take what you will be carrying instead of what you had been carrying.

Or, I could just stick with the P10C and focus on gaining skill on how I run that one. I think that I'm already north of 1500 rounds through the P10C so far since January, so it will be what I'm most comfortable with.

It was definitely a gorgeous day. I didn't get out as much as I would have liked, but I got out enough to enjoy it some anyway. I'm definitely looking forward to those Defensive Concepts classes. Should be a great time :yesway:

Cash is my last stand against technology, that,and my wife works in bank card fraud. I'll use my card only where safe, which isn't many places.

My hat is off to those that can embrace the future and technology. WT, and Haven, I admire your sense of adventure. :yesway:

Well, to be fair, I do also use cash quite a bit and pay close attention to where I use my plastic. I also never use my phone to access my financial information, bank, credit card info, or to make any kind of payments. A computer is bad enough, but the security of an Android phone is a joke.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was definitely a gorgeous day. I didn't get out as much as I would have liked, but I got out enough to enjoy it some anyway. I'm definitely looking forward to those Defensive Concepts classes. Should be a great time :yesway:

Well, to be fair, I do also use cash quite a bit and pay close attention to where I use my plastic. I also never use my phone to access my financial information, bank, credit card info, or to make any kind of payments. A computer is bad enough, but the security of an Android phone is a joke.

I will make payments over the phone. I will transfer moneys to our cards through my bank account on line. I will not make a payment on line. I will not set up auto pay. I have a few bills that I write checks every month.
    We have a 3rd account that is used for on line purchases and noting else. Minimum balance until I have to use it. Then The funds are transferred in. Might not be bullet proof but better than nothing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Not much moving in the classifieds these days.

I’m doing my part. I’ve bought three things through the classifieds here this week and the week isn’t over…

We keep cash in our accounts as low as possible and we have a fairly small limits on our credit cards. Cash is king but I find myself relying upon the convenience of a debit card more and more.

WT or 88 – can you point me in the direction of BBI’s class?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Nice weather for a quick trip to the range today with a breeze to keep it from being too hot.

Had the pistol bay to myself but only ran 150 rounds through the CZ Shadow 2.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’m doing my part. I’ve bought three things through the classifieds here this week and the week isn’t over…

We keep cash in our accounts as low as possible and we have a fairly small limits on our credit cards. Cash is king but I find myself relying upon the convenience of a debit card more and more.

WT or 88 – can you point me in the direction of BBI’s class?

Yep, here you go:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...eptember-29-2018-riley-conservation-club.html

Nice weather for a quick trip to the range today with a breeze to keep it from being too hot.

Had the pistol bay to myself but only ran 150 rounds through the CZ Shadow 2.

Sounds like a nice day :)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    What I really mean is my stuff is not moving. Been zero interest in the 97. Heading back to the safe soon. I hate to go any lower on the price.

Maybe the ellipse was directed to you! :shady:

I'd like to pick up a 97 after CM put a couple in front of me at the SnowGE - just don't know enough about the changes over its production run and know nothing about "vintage" pricing to know if I want a 1998 97 or a late model (Seems odd to call a 1998 vintage). You also said you had some other guns that might come out of your safe with a for sale sign. After drooling over your handgun cases, I can't imagine the goodies you might have for sale.

Tom - Thanks for the link.

Going to be an office and coffee kinda night but, HEY, we won our first 8 year old baseball game tonight. It's high power - high pressure competition...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What I really mean is my stuff is not moving. Been zero interest in the 97. Heading back to the safe soon. I hate to go any lower on the price.

You are fairly priced on the 97. They are $750 on most of the sites I checked.
    I would love to have it but my funds are tied up in a remake of the gun I just finished. Now that really makes sense.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I'd like to pick up a 97 after CM put a couple in front of me at the SnowGE - just don't know enough about the changes over its production run and know nothing about "vintage" pricing to know if I want a 1998 97 or a late model (Seems odd to call a 1998 vintage). You also said you had some other guns that might come out of your safe with a for sale sign. After drooling over your handgun cases, I can't imagine the goodies you might have for sale.

Going to be an office and coffee kinda night but, HEY, we won our first 8 year old baseball game tonight. It's high power - high pressure competition...

You want the later version. To my understanding there were improvements.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is the P10C also a .40 S&W, '88 ?
    No, unfortunately, the folks at CZ are not producing the P10C in a manly caliber, but instead it comes in .380 Magnum.

Technology has never been my strong suit. I have resisted it at most opportunities. I have a landline, only because it's pretty much free. The only computer I own is this iPhone I'm typing on. High speed internet isnt available where I live. My current truck is the first one I've ever had with a CD player in it. :laugh:

WT was the first guy to get direct deposit, and computer banking, I was the last. Since I've been on INGO, I now use my debit card to buy gas, have direct deposit, and my first handheld cell phone, was an iPhone. I'm still a dinosaur, I still carry cash.:laugh:

And, your life is better because of all that. I'm becoming somewhat of a luddite now days and am beginning to think that all of this automation is just another form of crack that we addict ourselves to. I really love driving my old '69 Spider because it runs only as well as I make it run. If I'm having a good day, the car is a joy to drive. If not, it's a PITA that just does not find the gear I'm searching for. Either way, it's all me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    .....I'm becoming somewhat of a luddite now days...

Someone please tell me I wasn't the only one that had to Google luddite...

-
    a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).

• a person opposed to increased industrialization or new technology.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]

[/COLOR]

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    You want the later version. To my understanding there were improvements.

The 97 came out in 1997. This one is from 1998. In 2013, they made changes to the feed ramp to improve feeding. I haven't had any issues, but I only have a few hundred rounds through it. If it is an issue, CGW has the new style barrel for $150. I bought this one to cajunize, but ended up just buying one from CGW.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Also, I love this gun but it won't compare to CM's that you shot. Those had been completely gone through, and this one is still stock. The one I bought from CGW is incredible, but CM's Copperhead and the Wizard's personal 97 put it to shame.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Also, I love this gun but it won't compare to CM's that you shot. Those had been completely gone through, and this one is still stock. The one I bought from CGW is incredible, but CM's Copperhead and the Wizard's personal 97 put it to shame.

Put a serious number of rounds through the CGW offering and it will just get better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom