The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Well you both have been falling down a lot lately so we need to get a third involved here.........and bubble wrap.

Regardless of what she says I will access and decide.

And that's part of the problem. I wasn't exactly fleet-of-foot before, and falling out of the attic slowed me down even more ! :):

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The first time I went to shoot with a bunch of internet people, I was a little nervous to say the least. I'm cautious by nature, but having been to this particular shoot numerous times, I don't sweat it at all. The only thing you will lose at event like this, is a bunch of ammo.

Im buying more ammo this week. :laugh:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...It's not theft I'm worrying about, but the idea of leaving a weapon (to change targets, pee, etc.) that will shoot a huge projectile 6 to 8 miles ! ...

Any sort of lockable container for the ammo should prevent the random 5 year old girls from firing a round when you don't have eyes on.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I will be there, and look forward to meeting people I don’t know.

It reminds me of the old BBS get togethers I threw back in the 90s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Man, today has sucked so far. My personal laptop has Windows 10 and it updated yesterday and would no longer allow me to login with my fingerprint, which I'd been using since I set it up. Of course, because of that I couldn't recall what my password was. Thankfully after about a hundred attempts, I recalled the admin PIN... :ugh:

You certainly had some fancy pieces in those cases ! ... I'll admit to eyeballing them.

So .... I know that plans can change in a flash, but I was wondering how many of us CZ'icko's were planning on attending the ProTeq shoot this coming Saturday.
    Now CM, everyone understands your situation, and I know that it might not be possible for you ..... but for you others ..... who is thinking about coming ?

Without caliber restrictions, I was thinking of bringing my Serbu single-shot 50 BMG. Sure, it's not as exciting as a Barrett semi-auto, but I can't justify the expense of one of those !
    With practice though, I can cycle it through pretty quick.

Honestly, I'm a little reluctant to have it out on the firing line without someone I know in attendance. It's not theft I'm worrying about, but the idea of leaving a weapon (to change targets, pee, etc.) that will shoot a huge projectile 6 to 8 miles ! If some of you that I know and trust don't come, I'll be reluctant to attend.

So ..... who's IN ???

I may try to make it, depending on the wife's schedule, which I don't know yet.

I will be there, and look forward to meeting people I don’t know.

It reminds me of the old BBS get togethers I threw back in the 90s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha, the only one BBS get together I ever went to was a disaster... :):

I would say the group shoots I've been to are more like the LAN parties I used to attend back when I lived in MN. Getting a bunch of like minded people together to admire each others stuff and shoot it up, though at the LAN parties that was all virtual... ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Man, today has sucked so far. My personal laptop has Windows 10 and it updated yesterday and would no longer allow me to login with my fingerprint, which I'd been using since I set it up. Of course, because of that I couldn't recall what my password was. Thankfully after about a hundred attempts, I recalled the admin PIN... :ugh:

I miss the days of land lines, cash only, no online banking and local stores owned by local people. Sigh...

How do these CZ grips (full size CZ) compare to the factory rubber grips? Thinner? Decent amount of grip still?

19147.png

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I miss the days of land lines, cash only, no online banking and local stores owned by local people. Sigh...
    I know what you mean. It seems like all of our automation and progress has the effect of stripping the basic act of human interaction away from every day tasks. Now, people are losing the ability to interact with each other with any level of respect or kindness. There was a basic pace to life back in the day that today's computer kiddies will never get to know in this 'must have it now' world.

How do these CZ grips (full size CZ) compare to the factory rubber grips? Thinner? Decent amount of grip still?

19147.png

I think that they are a lot thinner and decently grippy. I've never really warmed up to aluminum grips though but have only shot a few pistols with them attached. Most folks seem to love them though, so I've probably not given them a fair shake.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Come on, Tom.... you can make it. Do it for me ...... do it for the Gipper !!! :D

Ah, of course the wife is off that day, so I'm out :(

Oh, I don't, except maybe the last item about local business ownership. I was one of the first in Indy to do online banking with Forum Credit Union (Indiana Telco Federal or something like that back in the day) and have loved online banking ever since. WAY more convenient than having to write a ton of checks. I hate checks and use only the minimum when I'm forced to. Also hate land lines. Haven't had one since 2005 or so. I'm fine with cell phones, but don't use it as an electronic leash. I have the ringer off most of the time and call or text people back when I have the time and ability to do so. One of the worst things with our society right now is people having their faces buried in their phones 24x7 and having to respond to a text/tweet/facebook message or call right away. Screw that. I never even got into Twitter because I thought it was and still is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of. I've also unchained myself from FB. The only online stuff I do socially nowadays is this and a couple other forums. Most other stuff is face to face.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom