The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Ha, the only one BBS get together I ever went to was a disaster... :):

I would say the group shoots I've been to are more like the LAN parties I used to attend back when I lived in MN. Getting a bunch of like minded people together to admire each others stuff and shoot it up, though at the LAN parties that was all virtual... ;)

Well I ran a local BBS from 1992 - 2011, and was active on another half dozen BBSes around Indianapolis starting in 1991. We had a number of BBS parties and get togethers mostly during the 90s. By the 2000s we were all too busy with family and stuff like that. Most of them were pretty good.

I can see the LAN party aspect. I used to go to those as well, a few here in Indy, but more in Wisconsin.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Ah, of course the wife is off that day, so I'm out :(

Oh, I don't, except maybe the last item about local business ownership. I was one of the first in Indy to do online banking with Forum Credit Union (Indiana Telco Federal or something like that back in the day) and have loved online banking ever since. WAY more convenient than having to write a ton of checks. I hate checks and use only the minimum when I'm forced to. Also hate land lines. Haven't had one since 2005 or so. I'm fine with cell phones, but don't use it as an electronic leash. I have the ringer off most of the time and call or text people back when I have the time and ability to do so. One of the worst things with our society right now is people having their faces buried in their phones 24x7 and having to respond to a text/tweet/facebook message or call right away. Screw that. I never even got into Twitter because I thought it was and still is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of. I've also unchained myself from FB. The only online stuff I do socially nowadays is this and a couple other forums. Most other stuff is face to face.

Forum Cu, previously TELCO Cu, also know as, The Telephone Company credit union, was built on land lines. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
    2 years, 5 months, and 4 days left. But who's counting. :cool:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well I ran a local BBS from 1992 - 2011, and was active on another half dozen BBSes around Indianapolis starting in 1991. We had a number of BBS parties and get togethers mostly during the 90s. By the 2000s we were all too busy with family and stuff like that. Most of them were pretty good.

I can see the LAN party aspect. I used to go to those as well, a few here in Indy, but more in Wisconsin.

Any time you get together with a group of like minded individuals, it can be a good time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    WTB and I have a buddy that believes that most technology intended past 1975 has been making society regress. I have to admit that I do find myself agreeing with him some times. In one area, you could say that most technology past 1911 has been wonky but I'd still go with 1975 even if I'd have to drive a Cordoba.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Just a heads up, Phalanxarmory.com has a 3 day sale on 115 Gr. Blazer Brass in 9mm....$190.00 plus tax....

Free delivery to FW? :)

WTB and I have a buddy that believes that most technology intended past 1975 has been making society regress. I have to admit that I do find myself agreeing with him some times. In one area, you could say that most technology past 1911 has been wonky but I'd still go with 1975 even if I'd have to drive a Cordoba.

He and I would get along. Technology has brought of tremendous advances in medicine, communication, efficiencies, etc. but still...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    :coffee:

Ironically, he's younger than either Tim or I. He's a crusty old man in his 40's... :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I tend to lean this way. I love my flat screen TV.....My I-phone.....my lap top.....my ECU controlled fuel injected engines.......the tight machine work of the new 1911's But people have and are becoming drones. If the grid went down folks would be (fro the most part) totally lost.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Too little sleep to process philosophical commentary on societal degradation due to technological advances in interpersonal communication and informational technology. Just give me coffee...

Day is packed with appointments, hopefully steal a few minutes between for some EDC range time. Going through an anxious period waiting on the CZ magic of THE Wizard to be completed. Been too busy to do much shooting anyway and so will be the next month. Sigh....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice day out there today. I really wish there had been some range time involved.

On an unrelated note, I signed up for the class that Coach and BBI are conducting at the end of September and am trying to figure out what pistol I should run there. WTB is going to run his P10C and I've been thinking about taking mine along as well, but have been toying with taking the G23 or G30 instead. The P10C is what I carry during the summer, so it makes sense to take what's been on your holster for the last 3 months, but the G23/G30 are what I carry the rest of the year, so maybe it makes more sense to take what you will be carrying instead of what you had been carrying.

Or, I could just stick with the P10C and focus on gaining skill on how I run that one. I think that I'm already north of 1500 rounds through the P10C so far since January, so it will be what I'm most comfortable with.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    BBS = Bulletin Board System, or the precursor to forums like this. Honestly, they were pretty much like this, but no pictures, no web browser, and you had to dial into each one over your phone line with your modem.

I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend and shooting. I didn't get out at all last month.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Technology has never been my strong suit. I have resisted it at most opportunities. I have a landline, only because it's pretty much free. The only computer I own is this iPhone I'm typing on. High speed internet isnt available where I live. My current truck is the first one I've ever had with a CD player in it. :laugh:

WT was the first guy to get direct deposit, and computer banking, I was the last. Since I've been on INGO, I now use my debit card to buy gas, have direct deposit, and my first handheld cell phone, was an iPhone. I'm still a dinosaur, I still carry cash.:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom