Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to do that to the Colt 9mm I picked up in December. I've run about 350 rounds through it and have not done a thing to it. It's going to be a project gun eventually, but just has not floated to the top of the priority list yet. It's a fun shooter though.

This one was a range officer near new in the box. Took it out to AllenM and it has gone through a few different levels of insanity.
    It is one of the flattest shooting .45 ACP's I have ever shot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have my Delta Elite out with AllenM for some work right now. It's getting the front strap checkered and some burnt bronze Cerakote. I can't wait to see the results. I think it will be due for a bit of polish and tuning internally when it comes back. It was running well when it left, but I'll grab any excuse I can find to dig into the internals of a 1911.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm always amazed at how high the bar keeps getting raised in this group. Guns that were great two years ago are now mediocre at best.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm always amazed at how high the bar keeps getting raised in this group. Guns that were great two years ago are now mediocre at best.

Exactly. That is why I pulled the skirt up on the "Old" race gun. It needed to be brought back up to the current standards.

I watched my son run this last Saturday at MCF&G. it runs as flat as a tuned 9mm.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, the margarita is helping to turn a crappy day into a better one. I started the day with an eye appointment that was supposed to be a confirmation that my days of getting shots in the eye were coming to an end but instead turned out to be quite the opposite. It turns out that if I go more that 6 weeks without a shot, my eye degrades and I might be looking at a 6 week shot interval with no end in sight (no pun intended). That sucks. That really sucks. That means I'm tethered to a shot in the eye every 6 weeks or I lose the eye. That's a major bummer and really has me down with it at the moment (margarita helps here). It's my dominate eye, so I'm starting to accept that I will just not regain complete sight in that eye and that I should consider letting my collection of MilSurp rifles go. I can't shoot iron sights worth a damn right now and as much as I hoped that would change, I don't think it will.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, the margarita is helping to turn a crappy day into a better one. I started the day with an eye appointment that was supposed to be a confirmation that my days of getting shots in the eye were coming to an end but instead turned out to be quite the opposite. It turns out that if I go more that 6 weeks without a shot, my eye degrades and I might be looking at a 6 week shot interval with no end in sight (no pun intended). That sucks. That really sucks. That means I'm tethered to a shot in the eye every 6 weeks or I lose the eye. That's a major bummer and really has me down with it at the moment (margarita helps here). It's my dominate eye, so I'm starting to accept that I will just not regain complete sight in that eye and that I should consider letting my collection of MilSurp rifles go. I can't shoot iron sights worth a damn right now and as much as I hoped that would change, I don't think it will.

Yes that seriously sucks.
    Is there any hope you can train the other eye to dominate.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's the plan for now. I keep practicing point shooting, and have gotten used to closing the right eye when target shooting. Hopefully, the left eye becomes the dominant eye but I don't think that helps much with the old rifles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's the plan for now. I keep practicing point shooting, and have gotten used to closing the right eye when target shooting. Hopefully, the left eye becomes the dominant eye but I don't think that helps much with the old rifles.

It has been a good while since my son and I have been on the range together. He was taught to point shoot. He still does it and pretty well considering.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Tim, I am so sorry to hear that your doctor's visit didn't go as intended. I hope the shots do the trick and your sight improves.

CM, when I am bored I usually turn on the TV. I need to take your lead and do something more constructive with my time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tim, I am so sorry to hear that your doctor's visit didn't go as intended. I hope the shots do the trick and your sight improves.

CM, when I am bored I usually turn on the TV. I need to take your lead and do something more constructive with my time.

I used to have a TV in the shop but got rid of the distraction.
    I did keep the 500 watt system in there.....:cool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Thanks Tweak. I have no right to complain and apologize for whining in this forum. I was just feeling a bit down and lost sight of all that I've been blessed with in life.

I used to have a TV in the shop but got rid of the distraction.
    I did keep the 500 watt system in there.....:cool:

A good sound system is crucial to the workings of a good shop. That said, what's everyone listening to lately?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks Tweak. I have no right to complain and apologize for whining in this forum. I was just feeling a bit down and lost sight of all that I've been blessed with in life.

A good sound system is crucial to the workings of a good shop. That said, what's everyone listening to lately?

Chicago/tull/Ozzy/Kansas/Yes/ etc and so on.
    I am :oldwise:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom