Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I keep thinking that I'd like to try home hot black oxide finishing on a surplus CZ. I really like the black oxide finish on the CZ 1911 and think that a nicely prepped pre-B 75 would look great in that style finish.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Everyone wants to be in a PARADE.

Good morning all! I did the parade thing one time in 1990 when I had a 1972 Corvette Stingray with T-Tops. It was for a football homecoming queen parade. This was in Frankfort and the parade started on up the courthouse square with one of the sweeties sitting on top!. We rode the strip out to the high school at about 3-4 mph with a lot of stop and go. My Blue Vette just had a basic 350 with a 4 speed and the clutch pedal was heavy, beautiful car but by the time we made it to the football field to let the little sweetie off my leg felt like it had been through an intense workout and was sore for 2-3 days afterword's.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a parade in my '69 Spider once. It was very slow going and very hot. I spent most of it looking at the rising temp gauge wondering how far I'd get before the car boiled over. I ended up finishing the parade just fine, but don't plan on doing that again. That car has a bunch of mods that tend to make it run rich at idle and even though the cooling system is fine now, I find that it will only idle for about 10 minutes before it starts to stumble. Blipping the throttle a couple of times cleans the plugs and gives me about another 5 minutes. When waiting in heavy traffic, people think I'm impatient always blipping the throttle, but in reality I'm just trying to keep it running. Fun stuff with old cars.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    That Lincoln is interesting. It's got the suicide doors and a lot of electronic gizmos in it. Once it's running, we need to see if the top still works. If it does, it might be time to take it for a ride.

Edit: I was wrong. I think it's a '66 based on the grill.
    138_main_l.jpg

I love those Lincolns. They look so presidential and upscale. I expect to see an old movie star driving one in Beverly Hills.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Received the 6 new MecGar mags I ordered from GregCoteLLC on Monday. Great service as always.
    I ordered some ammo on Sunday from two different outfits and he outperformed both.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So much for my latest gun being rare. Up to this point I had only seen two examples anywhere. This morning, after picking mine up at the LGS last night, I find 16 examples posted on GB. :ugh:

All listed $50 cheaper than I paid for mine. :lmfao:

I absolutely love this game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Received the 6 new MecGar mags I ordered from GregCoteLLC on Monday. Great service as always.
    I ordered some ammo on Sunday from two different outfits and he outperformed both.

That is service.

Brownells on the other hand took 12 working days for me to get the ignition controls I ordered (in stock) for the current 1911 project on the bench.
    Ridiculous.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    He adds a set % onto whatever he gets the items for. His wholesaler undercharged him on a bunch of mags. He just added his percentage rather than charging what should have been the price. You don't find people like that anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom