Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My friend, BC, in my opinion, the DNR exceeds their reach with the Sep.1 - frost season.
    They want you to wait until then, because the berries will drop to the ground, and obviously produce more plants.

Since harvesting them is illegal on all public properties (ALL DNR properties), they are regulating someone like me ... who is harvesting from my own property !
    Heck, I've purchased and planted 1,000's of seeds over the last decade. Nobody wants them to flourish more than me. BUT .... I have to wait until Sep. 1 to dig. :dunno:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My friend, BC, in my opinion, the DNR exceeds their reach with the Sep.1 - frost season.
    They want you to wait until then, because the berries will drop to the ground, and obviously produce more plants.

Since harvesting them is illegal on all public properties (ALL DNR properties), they are regulating someone like me ... who is harvesting from my own property !
    Heck, I've purchased and planted 1,000's of seeds over the last decade. Nobody wants them to flourish more than me. BUT .... I have to wait until Sep. 1 to dig. :dunno:
    So you can't harvest from public land? If that's the case, I splintered a law 35yrs ago..:):

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So you can't harvest from public land? If that's the case, I splintered a law 35yrs ago..:):

I won't tell ! ;)

They had a TV show for awhile, that followed (nefarious) characters around the Appalachian Mountains .... and their illegal pursuit of ginseng.
    After a while, everyone who had never heard of it .... was suddenly keen on hunting it !
    Indiana has some large fines for illegal harvesting !

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I won't tell ! ;)

They had a TV show for awhile, that followed (nefarious) characters around the Appalachian Mountains .... and their illegal pursuit of ginseng.
    After a while, everyone who had never heard of it .... was suddenly keen on hunting it !
    Glad I don't hunt it anymore then. I will say I did pull the berries off the 3 plants I did find and buried them in the dirt from where I found the plants.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yeah, I was glad that CZ started adding that option, but I don't like that front sight as much as the Night Fision one I use as my standard on guns (when they don't have red dots). I like the high viz yellow with a blacked out rear with a U notch. Works better for my eyes.
    Thanks, WTB!

I went ahead and ordered a set of these, but in orange outlined front (and black outlined rear U notch) for the P07.

I did finally to the range and was pleasantly surprised. Had about 1,000 dry fires on it and all/almost all of the grit in the DA was gone. Put 200 rounds through it working on the DA and DA to SA trigger pulls at 5/7/10 yards. The last 75 of those rounds were double taps and failure drills at 7 yards. Moving fast, or at least fast for me, that's just too many white dots to sort out... will try again when the Night Fisions get in. :)

I didn't think this was too awful for the first time with a new gun, but lots of room for improvement:

IMG_8023.jpeg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Yet another example of ridiculous.gov overreach.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I won't tell ! ;)

Once again this whole Ginseng thing is confusing to me. My uncles grew Ginseng as a cash crop back in the late 80s and into the 90s. One summer while I was up by them, I worked the shang gardens. It was just weeding, some fertilizing, etc. It was all hand done, we didn't have any tractor accessories to help. I wish I had pictures of it. I think someone in my family does have pictures.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    16 days until legal harvest season .... a fresh batch of ginseng is around the corner ! :alright:
    i-jQHf6L8-L.jpg

This is not my favorite time of year as it involves spending time running people out of my woods. They come back at night though so I'll kill that stuff where I see it figuring if they don't find it anymore they will leave. Most of the trouble came out of the place that I have put through rural renewal so maybe this will be a better year.

trouble.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Once again this whole Ginseng thing is confusing to me. My uncles grew Ginseng as a cash crop back in the late 80s and into the 90s. One summer while I was up by them, I worked the shang gardens. It was just weeding, some fertilizing, etc. It was all hand done, we didn't have any tractor accessories to help. I wish I had pictures of it. I think someone in my family does have pictures.

If you find the photos, I'd like to see them !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom