Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This is not my favorite time of year as it involves spending time running people out of my woods. They come back at night though so I'll kill that stuff where I see it figuring if they don't find it anymore they will leave. Most of the trouble came out of the place that I have put through rural renewal so maybe this will be a better year.

View attachment 293164

I understand. I've had to run hunters off of my small place.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n fellas :bgoOJ:

A little cool this morning out the deck, a sweatshirt fixed that though. I think the neighbors have stopped feeding their hummers. Refilled 8 feeders yesterday around 5 and now 3 are almost empty and the rest aren't to far behind. So many flying, fighting, and feeding I couldn't count them if I wanted to.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Tarzan had a source for steel target paint that had a very high pigment content. Covers great, reasonable price. Might be available in purple.
    Sadly, no purple.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    This is what I've used. Not cheap ... but nothing is these days !

Amazon product ASIN B00GLP2SG2
    Yes, that is what I've used in the past, Rustoleum spray, but the spray doesn't hold up well since the border is on mostly tree bark... was hoping to find it by the bucket/pail and slather it on with a big ol' paint brush. Lol!

Maybe I'll try an oil-based exterior paint mixed at Lowe's/HD....

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Would an exterior latex work if it was allowed to dry... i.e. no rain in the forecast?

ETA: And found another option, with a promising review:
    Majic Paints 8-0860-1 No Hunting Purple Paint, 1-Gallon, Purple, 128 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)

Former painting contractor for 17 yrs (a long time ago). First impressions: pretty good -- covers well. I used it on old wooden fence posts, old trees, and metal fence posts that I primed first with flat white Rustoleum cut with Penetrol. The manufacturer says this paint "is the equivalent of a medium-grade latex flat house paint". So, I'm hoping for 4-5 yrs duration out of it. Also, factory mixed colors tend to fade less over time than paint store mixed tint-squirted-into-"deep tint base #2" colors.

Last edited:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Evening folks.!!

Got roped into coaching 5th grade flag football so all the preparations are getting made.

SIL is using his own back yard for practices so tree limb and extra weed pulling a necessity.

Guess who has been doing most of it - yipp, little ol' me.

And he bought this monster 13' x 13' trampoline for his children (my grands) so had to put that together tonight - holy crap

This thing is "springless" it is the most amazing thing i have ever put together but what a tough animal to wrestle.

Gotta 'er done though - kids are overjoyed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom