ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    How was your trip to Wyoming?
    It was awesome. Posted somewhere around here about it, forget I mentioned it in here. 2 1/2 days of prairie dog hunting, then drove into Black Hills and dispersed camped 1 night, backpacked in 3 miles, camped, climbed Harney Peak and 13-14 miles out, then another night in the truck.

I can’t decide what the funnest part was, hunting, hiking, or the truck camping. Endless two tracks and nobody around at all except for the Harney Peak part of the hike.

Also a stop at the badlands.
    IMG_6334.jpeg

IMG_6391.jpeg

IMG_6399.jpeg

IMG_6419.jpeg

It was an epic trip.
    @SmileDocHill went with me due to son having some conflicts, and we weren’t even halfway through Illinois yet and I thought I was going to have to pull the truck over because I was crying so hard because I was laughing so hard. And it really didn’t stop all week.

Trying to get Doc the CZickness, he has the Phantom I bought - and the Cajon parts kit for it!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    It was awesome. Posted somewhere around here about it, forget I mentioned it in here. 2 1/2 days of prairie dog hunting, then drove into Black Hills and dispersed camped 1 night, backpacked in 3 miles, camped, climbed Harney Peak and 13-14 miles out, then another night in the truck.

I can’t decide what the funnest part was, hunting, hiking, or the truck camping. Endless two tracks and nobody around at all except for the Harney Peak part of the hike.

View attachment 293425

View attachment 293426

View attachment 293427

View attachment 293428

It was an epic trip.
    @SmileDocHill went with me due to son having some conflicts, and we weren’t even halfway through Illinois yet and I thought I was going to have to pull the truck over because I was crying so hard because I was laughing so hard. And it really didn’t stop all week.

Trying to get Doc the CZickness, he has the Phantom I bought - and the Cajon parts kit for it!
    Wow that sounds amazing! I’ve never been up to that area of the country. It’s always been a bucket list trip through. When the boys are a little older I’d love to take them on a father/son trip out there.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

View attachment 293425

View attachment 293426

View attachment 293427

View attachment 293428

It was an epic trip.

what rifle is that..?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    what rifle is that..?
    That, my friend, is approaching the most ridiculous rifle you could ever use for prairie dogs; a Ruger precision in 6mm Creedmoor.
    And I loved it.

I think I would have loved the new to me 22-250 if Vortec actually cared to ship scopes to their dealers with a month and a half’s notice. So I had some 1-6 Trijicon tactical ridiculousness on the wooden stocked Remington 700 and while great glass just didn’t have the reach out to 500 yards, where we made a significant number of kills at.

I also had my old standby Savage model 12 in 223 with a bull barrel that I was ok with (once again, need to upgrade the scope) and my trusty AR that I pretty much stunk with.

That being said, Doc took almost all his shots with his AR and had quite a few shots at the 500 yard mark, checked a lot of shots with his new rangefinder and then confirmed those distances a few times by walking it off.

Anyway, you might not recognize the Ruger Precision because I wasn’t a huge fan of the Precision OEM stock and switched it out for the BCM like I run on all my AR’s. I think it’s an older one, because it has the keymod stock, which I’m also a proud fanboi of. Flame on…

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was going through some photos last night, and found this single-frame capture of Mouse powdering (6) bowling pins with a shot from Son of Brutus.
    It happened on a great day at the 2019 FGE. :)

In respectful remembrance
    View attachment 293483
    Two weeks from today will be one year since we lost him. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom