THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Hello team CZ! Still lurking, but kinda busy lately and not posting a lot. But... new thread!!

I know this is the handguns forum, and like you cats I'm all about CZs and DWs. But truly I say to you, allow yourself to experience a CZ rifle if you haven't already. Finally had a chance to sight in this CZ 457 Varmint in 22LR. It quite literally walked circles around my go-to Ruger RPR in 22LR. After a handful of shots to sight it in, I was busting very small clay pots at 107 yds with no effort. 3x12x44 UTG scope, nothing fancy. Torqued down to correct specs for rings and mount.

20230312_213629.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Hello team CZ! Still lurking, but kinda busy lately and not posting a lot. But... new thread!!

I know this is the handguns forum, and like you cats I'm all about CZs and DWs. But truly I say to you, allow yourself to experience a CZ rifle if you haven't already. Finally had a chance to sight in this CZ 457 Varmint in 22LR. It quite literally walked circles around my go-to Ruger RPR in 22LR. After a handful of shots to sight it in, I was busting very small clay pots at 107 yds with no effort. 3x12x44 UTG scope, nothing fancy. Torqued down to correct specs for rings and mount.

View attachment 262174
    Here is my Varmint MTR. Can hit an ant at 50 yds (but not by me:cool:)

1678672225087.jpeg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

View attachment 262174
    457's are great. More accurate than I'll ever be.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

View attachment 262174
    HOPPER IS HERE!!!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    10 minutes old!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I just recently got my first CZ. 75D compact, with a 5 digit serial number. F13XX. Is it compatible with a cajun trigger job? what can I do with it besides putting on thinner and newer grips, and enjoying the flat shooting awesomeness, if subpar trigger and odd sights?
    My recommendation is to put on fatter grips, mill it for a red dot, order parts and give it to the Wizard.
    But I apparently have big hands.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    10 minutes old!
    Annnnd... it's gone.
    Newb?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    10 minutes old!
    Don't think that plan to post is gonna work for him.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    @Firehawk hey just saw a Tactical in urban grey to match the one you already have, listed in the classies!
    Gotta be quick on the draw!

I saw that and thought about it. It sure was temping! I love my P-01 in urban grey but I’m not sure I want a collection in that color. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a 75B or SP-01, but would like it in black and I’d probably add classic wood grips, just because. My gun fund is short right now so it would require selling something, probably the Witness Elite Match I just got. And that’s a tough call to make on a fabulous gun. Decisions…

Ditcherman, I really wanted that competition blue SP-01 you scored! I know you’re not the type to sell things off but if you ever do, I call dibs on that one!

Big Red, congrats on the suppressor ready SP-01 in urban grey! It looks like a mean machine! I’ve got it’s little brother.

1678673276431.jpeg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    And I then I read this… let’s talk.
    Haha I thought you did read it and that's why you said that. I had already sent you a pm before this post.

I should have been more clear in my original post about the blue, as the Masada is technically blue, (very dark blue almost black) but I have no intention of getting rid of it, I feel like it's a treasure. Some were wondering if it was that, but no - and you all will be the first to know if that ever has to happen.

Anyway, have a neighbor that shoots some competitions that expressed interest in the competition blue. If he doesn't take it, it can be yours.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Great deals. My answer to the question is, because there is no record. With the recent changes to the 4473 and so many areas of government trying to keep record of our purchases, I've decided to only buy used from now on. At least as much as I possibly can.
    When my buying resumes, someday, I will continue to do the same. :tinfoil: Idc it’s getting sketchy out there

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom