• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning, Chris. I was had a bad commute this morning.... I couldn't even get past the commercials on the radio in my 3 mile commute... It sucked.

I am struggling with motivation as of late. All I seem to want to do is build firearms. Cars are kickin my ass right now...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I still need to get my DE out to Allen for the same thing. I'm planning on having him checker the front strap while he has it, so it's going to be a bit pricier than I can squeeze into the budget right now. Will you do the controls in bronze? I'm planning on going with brushed SS on the slide stop and safeties.

No. The controls will remain as they are. Just a re-color where the grey is now. That should be a nice accent.
    2 ports in the barrel rib and some new mags.....:)

I could do the ports on my press or take it over to the mill but Allen has the 3 axis on his machine.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good Morning all... i'm getting really tired of the 60 mile drive to work every day. Been doing it for 24 years now. It does pay for my firearms habit.

Wow, sorry to hear that. My ex-wife and I both did that for over a year back in the 90's, but moved closer to work because it was killing both of us. Since then, I haven't had a job that was more than 25 minutes from where I live. I would prefer even closer. At this time I'm working from home 3 days a week and loving it :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning, Chris. I was had a bad commute this morning.... I couldn't even get past the commercials on the radio in my 3 mile commute... It sucked.

I am struggling with motivation as of late. All I seem to want to do is build firearms. Cars are kickin my ass right now...

My spouse often wondered why I did not pursue a career around racing/cars.
    I could only explain that my passion was cars. My job was HVAC.......I did not love my job. I loved cars.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My spouse often wondered why I did not pursue a career around racing/cars.
    I could only explain that my passion was cars. My job was HVAC.......I did not love my job. I loved cars.

I was successful in working on computers, which was my passion, for almost 20 years. All I can say is that they are no longer my passion though, so I think your way was best.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, sorry to hear that. My ex-wife and I both did that for over a year back in the 90's, but moved closer to work because it was killing both of us. Since then, I haven't had a job that was more than 25 minutes from where I live. I would prefer even closer. At this time I'm working from home 3 days a week and loving it :D

I never had a set commute. 1 day I was in town somewhere. The next I could be rolling to Louisville or Dayton or somewhere in Michigan.
    Getting paid to drive takes some of the pain away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was successful in working on computers, which was my passion, for almost 20 years. All I can say is that they are no longer my passion though, so I think your way was best.

I am still passionate about all things racing and so on.
    I still do HVAC work but only to fund my passions. Guns being the main one at present.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I never had a set commute. 1 day I was in town somewhere. The next I could be rolling to Louisville or Dayton or somewhere in Michigan.
    Getting paid to drive takes some of the pain away.

If someone paid me to drive, that would certainly help ;)

I still do HVAC work but only to fund my passions. Guns being the main one at present.

I kinda miss computers, but guns are more fun :D

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Good Morning all... i'm getting really tired of the 60 mile drive to work every day. Been doing it for 24 years now. It does pay for my firearms habit.

That is really rough. I used to have a long commute through traffic (not nearly as long as yours though). Don't miss those days.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I feel for you Chris. Back in the '80s, I used to have a 60 mile commute out on the west coast. I could leave work feeling good but was drained by the time I got home, sometimes as much as 3 hours later. That was one of the reasons I moved to Indiana.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I will always love these old cars, but my energy feeds off the customers excitement. When someone is just paying a bill and I've never met them, I'm just "meh" about the project...

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I guess it could be worse, I could be unemployed... Henri and I love where we live, built a new house 3 years ago. We have our own gun range out back. She drives to LaPorte and I go to South Bend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess it could be worse, I could be unemployed... Henri and I love where we live, built a new house 3 years ago. We have our own gun range out back. She drives to LaPorte and I go to South Bend.

Spouse had a commute to Fishers everyday for 15 years. The traffic sucked up there. 45 minutes one way and the last 15 in the corridor of insanity.
    Winter storms caused me to put her in a 4 wheel drive. She was a trooper.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My commute now is about 40-45 minutes. That's about average for me over the years. The worst was living in Northern Virginia and commuting to the Pentagon Navy Annex every day. It was closer by mileage but much, much longer in time spent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom