The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Didn't see an appropriate place, the Amazon/Netflix thread is not political.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/04...ean-content-quota-eu-law/?yptr=yahoo#comments
    [h=1]Netflix and Amazon will have to make more European content by law[/h]A quota on local shows and movies will likely become official in December.

Streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will likely soon have to ensure at least 30 percent of their libraries are dedicated to local content in the European Union. A preliminary agreement on the rules is already in place, and Roberto Viola, who oversees the European Commission department in charge of networks, content and technology, said the quota is set to become law in December. He indicated to Variety that the vote is "a mere formality."
    The streaming companies will have to commission European-made shows and movies, buy them or contribute to national film funds. The services will also likely have to make sure the local content has prominent placement in their libraries.
    Once the measures are enshrined in law, EU countries will have 20 months to apply them, and Viola noted that member states can opt to increase their individual quotas to 40 percent of local material. The nations can also determine if they want to mandate production of a minimum number of shows and movies in their own countries, and whether they will apply a surcharge on subscription fees to pay into national film funds, like Netflix has to do in Germany.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Still stupid

Its a version of a tax. In order to receive X dollars from the programming you want to send up here, you have to spend Y dollars making it here.

Not sure how effective it is in achieving the policy goals, but most outfits in that space treat it as a cost of doing business.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The President is attacking Sessions again.
    Trump slams Sessions on Twitter, says AG is hurting GOP in midterms | Fox News

Can he really be so dense as to think that the AG office should not bring charges against someone because they are from the right party and there is an election soon?

He’s the ***damn President. If he doesn’t think Sessions is doing what he wants then STFU and fire him. Jeez, Trump acts like he’s powerless. Either **** out a pinkslip of get off the pot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didn't see an appropriate place, the Amazon/Netflix thread is not political.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/04...ean-content-quota-eu-law/?yptr=yahoo#comments
    Netflix and Amazon will have to make more European content by law

A quota on local shows and movies will likely become official in December.

Streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will likely soon have to ensure at least 30 percent of their libraries are dedicated to local content in the European Union. A preliminary agreement on the rules is already in place, and Roberto Viola, who oversees the European Commission department in charge of networks, content and technology, said the quota is set to become law in December. He indicated to Variety that the vote is "a mere formality."
    The streaming companies will have to commission European-made shows and movies, buy them or contribute to national film funds. The services will also likely have to make sure the local content has prominent placement in their libraries.
    Once the measures are enshrined in law, EU countries will have 20 months to apply them, and Viola noted that member states can opt to increase their individual quotas to 40 percent of local material. The nations can also determine if they want to mandate production of a minimum number of shows and movies in their own countries, and whether they will apply a surcharge on subscription fees to pay into national film funds, like Netflix has to do in Germany.
    Or. Maybe some enterprising Limey company can rise up and make their own streaming service to compete.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He’s the ***damn President. If he doesn’t think Sessions is doing what he wants then STFU and fire him. Jeez, Trump acts like he’s powerless. Either **** out a pinkslip of get off the pot.

That would just make Rosenstein de facto AG. I don’t think even Trump believes he could confirm anybody else right now. Trump may be hoping he can shame him into maybe finding something else to do besides fratricide. Maybe something to do with the thick cloud of deep state corruption surrounding the DoJ and FBI

If Republicans hold House and Senate, he’ll be gone so fast he’ll catch fire from friction on the way out the door

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Rosenstein is Trump’s employee too, everybody in the DOJ is.

His failure to actually control his own employees, rests at his own feet.

I agree with Jamil, the constant *****ing about hos own employees is pretty tiresome.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But, that's not the point. Trump needs a foil, an adversary. The Dems aren't really able to get their **** together to play the role and his own "fratricide" (assuming he's Republican) feeds the "drain the swamp" rhetoric.

There's literally no incentive for Trump to fire any of the DOJ people. The current situation is MUCH better reality TV.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thatis a risky game to play when one of your contestants is openly trying to play the Brutus role.

Popeye, or the Shakespeare one? ;)

Of course, a bunch of the kids around here probably don't understand either reference.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ooof.

The NYT publishing an anonymous op-ed by a Trump administration "insider" saying that some are actively thwarting his agenda, but with righteous motives.

I can't condone that. Neither the anonymity nor the petty betrayals. He's the boss.

I like the line about not deep state, but steady state. It is well-written and I'm curious about who wrote it, but it is bad news.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Ooof.

The NYT publishing an anonymous op-ed by a Trump administration "insider" saying that some are actively thwarting his agenda, but with righteous motives.

I can't condone that. Neither the anonymity nor the petty betrayals. He's the boss.

I like the line about not deep state, but steady state. It is well-written and I'm curious about who wrote it, but it is bad news.

if this is true then why doesn't the chicken **** show there face and there name????

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    if this is true then why doesn't the chicken **** show there face and there name????

Because the president would fire them? It only makes sense, that if this story is true, and this senior member is actively working to undermine the president, out of a sincere belief that the president is not only unfit, but a danger to the very nation's existence, that they would stay anonymous to continue doing so.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ooof.

Mike Pence

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Because the president would fire them? It only makes sense, that if this story is true, and this senior member is actively working to undermine the president, out of a sincere belief that the president is not only unfit, but a danger to the very nation's existence, that they would stay anonymous to continue doing so.

sounds like more left BS to me.....:rolleyes:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Shhhhhh........

ivanka-trump-democrat-speech-rnc.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom