The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/carl-bernstein-warns-apos-authoritarianism-141213790.html
    Carl Bernstein Warns Of 'Authoritarianism' As Trump Repeatedly Attacks Mueller Probe

Well, maybe we shouldn't keep giving power to the President and executive branch.
    Yet... both parties want to do that while they are in power.
    Then complain about it when they are NOT in power.

The left Obamagasmed when Obama said "pen and phone". So now they don't like pens and phones? I'm skeptical that they've actually learned the lesson here. Next D will have a bedazzled custom Hollywood autographed pen and phone, and likely Bernstein won't utter a peep.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/carl-bernstein-warns-apos-authoritarianism-141213790.html
    Carl Bernstein Warns Of 'Authoritarianism' As Trump Repeatedly Attacks Mueller Probe

Well, maybe we shouldn't keep giving power to the President and executive branch.
    Yet... both parties want to do that while they are in power.
    Then complain about it when they are NOT in power.

While you are correct, in a general sense. I don't see how any of the above addresses Bernstein's concerns. The president has been going on a lying spree in recent days to undermine a criminal investigation.
    "Spygate" - No, not everyone is calling it that. The president made up that term himself. The Gang of 8 attended a briefing on the claims, as well as another briefing held with Nunes and Gowdy. The president tried to send a WH lawyer an Chief of Staff, who were rebuffed by the gang. I have yet to see anyone, following those meetings, indicate any wrongdoing... in fact, they have said just the opposite.... and Nunes was there.
    -"Senior White House Official that doesn't exist"... uh, why would he lie about that? The "phony" source just happened to give that information to a room FULL of reporters, and that claim was easily debunked, and was. Why the lie? Seriously, why lie?
    -The president talks about spies placed "in" his campaign. Well, that's not true according to information we currently have. "In?" We all understand what notion is being suggested. That's a lie.

-And I've never seen a president enrich himself while putting national security at risk. ZTE. The intelligence communities have serious concerns about the company. Trump has indicated that he believes that China has attempted to undermine North Korean negotiations.... and yet, decides it's a good thing to save 70K Chinese jobs, at ZTE? The fact that China approved a loans to the Trump organization, and Ivanka, was approved for 5 new Chinese patents, is just a coincidence right?
    -And don't think I forgot about people he celebrates, and who he doesn't. Jason Seaman hero teacher from Noblesville. Trump was singing his praises the day after the shooting, calling him out by name. James Shaw Jr, the hero of the Waffle House shooting? Well, he got a call, apparently more than 3 weeks after the fact.

It should be interesting to see what happens when this all comes to a head, and I'm not even talking about the Mueller investigation. The more we allow, the more he will do.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    -And don't think I forgot about people he celebrates, and who he doesn't. Jason Seaman hero teacher from Noblesville. Trump was singing his praises the day after the shooting, calling him out by name. James Shaw Jr, the hero of the Waffle House shooting? Well, he got a call, apparently more than 3 weeks after the fact.

That is because a waffle house is not a school. I thought you would have noticed that school shootings get all the attention, after all it is a liberal news filter that does this. You immediately hear of any school shootings from the liberal press but you don't hear of others. For example there have been 166 people shot and killed in Chicago alone this year, 8 of them this weekend alone, but you don't hear about them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is because a waffle house is not a school. I thought you would have noticed that school shootings get all the attention, after all it is a liberal news filter that does this. You immediately hear of any school shootings from the liberal press but you don't hear of others. For example there have been 166 people shot and killed in Chicago alone this year, 8 of them this weekend alone, but you don't hear about them.

I could see that there might be a school nearby the softball diamonds where the Congressmen were attacked, but was there a school located at YouTube HQ? Or somewhere on the side of the road during the Toronto Van Attack? Or maybe there was one next door when Tomi Lahren had water thrown on her at the restaurant? The president seemed to have no issue addressing theses instances personally, and publicly.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There is also the issue that it takes time for the investigation on whether to call Shaw a hero or not. In my book he definitely is but I am not under the intense witch hunt that the President is under so I can decide that with impunity. Also it was like 3:something in the morning and Shaw had just come from a frat party so it is good to find out if everybody was sober, etc. So it becomes important for the President to get the information first. Sure, Shaw ran for the bathroom when the shooting started but he did get the gun from the guy when he got a chance. He came through in the end.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While you are correct, in a general sense. I don't see how any of the above addresses Bernstein's concerns. The president has been going on a lying spree in recent days to undermine a criminal investigation. [To conclude someone is lying, don't you need to know the truth? Isn't that the tack you take (us not being privy to what Mueller knows) when people are pointing out that your man might not be so scandal free after all? And I thought it was a counterintelligence investigation. Maybe they should have gotten their story straight]
    "Spygate" - No, not everyone is calling it that. The president made up that term himself. The Gang of 8 attended a briefing on the claims, as well as another briefing held with Nunes and Gowdy. The president tried to send a WH lawyer an Chief of Staff, who were rebuffed by the gang. I have yet to see anyone, following those meetings, indicate any wrongdoing... in fact, they have said just the opposite.... and Nunes was there. [Perhaps those invited take their oaths seriously. You are basically arguing no leaking (yet) somehow means the investigation is sound. I think McConnell was referring to the DoJ and FBI suddenly capitulating to oversight is what garnered his support. He said he supports it 'now']
    -"Senior White House Official that doesn't exist"... uh, why would he lie about that? The "phony" source just happened to give that information to a room FULL of reporters, and that claim was easily debunked, and was. Why the lie? Seriously, why lie?
    -The president talks about spies placed "in" his campaign. Well, that's not true according to information we currently have. "In?" We all understand what notion is being suggested. That's a lie.

-And I've never seen a president enrich himself while putting national security at risk.[How about a cabinet official, say SoS, with a president's open connivance] ZTE. The intelligence communities have serious concerns about the company.[And are there any Chinese companies the intelligence community are not concerned about? Some of the documentation on embargo dodging Commerce presented dates to 2011, why the 5 year delay? Trump doesn't need to 'look' tough on China. Unlike Obama he actually is tough on China, so perhaps he doesn't need a showpiece prosecution quite as much - or have you forgotten the 'tariffs will doom us all' narrative completely] Trump has indicated that he believes that China has attempted to undermine North Korean negotiations.... and yet, decides it's a good thing to save 70K Chinese jobs, at ZTE?[So NOW you believe what Trump says? Does it furthering your chosen narrative have anything to do with this? 'Cause I thought a big part of today's screed was how the President lies about everything] The fact that China approved a loans to the Trump organization, and Ivanka, was approved for 5 new Chinese patents, is just a coincidence right?
    -And don't think I forgot about people he celebrates, and who he doesn't. Jason Seaman hero teacher from Noblesville. Trump was singing his praises the day after the shooting, calling him out by name. James Shaw Jr, the hero of the Waffle House shooting? Well, he got a call, apparently more than 3 weeks after the fact. [Yeah, let's see. What overt distinction could be invoked as a facile explaination for the difference. No, no; don't help me. I'll figure it out]

It should be interesting to see what happens when this all comes to a head, and I'm not even talking about the Mueller investigation. The more we allow, the more he will do.

It should be interesting to see what happens when this all comes to a head, and I'm talking about the investigation of the Obama DoJ and FBI as well as Clapper and Brennan. The more we allowed, the more he did.

They're all going down, and you know it; hence the rising level of vitriol. No blue wave, Trump 2020

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The president is back on a twitter rampage... via twitter:

The 13 Angry Democrats (plus people who worked 8 years for Obama) working on the rigged Russia Witch Hunt, will be MEDDLING with the mid-term elections, especially now that Republicans (stay tough!) are taking the lead in Polls. There was no Collusion, except by the Democrats!

-DJT

Now he's predicting (or maybe he knows) widespread criminal action by the Mueller team. I'm not exactly sure how he knows they're hardened Democrats, nor how they will be meddling.... but if they are, and the president has proof, why hasn't he had them arrested for conspiracy?

I know, I know... it's perfectly fine for a president to call people criminals without offering any proof. Not that I've ever seen any other president do this before... well, I should say American president... as tyrants, throughout history have always called people who they viewed as threats, criminals.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    While you are correct, in a general sense. I don't see how any of the above addresses Bernstein's concerns. The president has been going on a lying spree in recent days to undermine a criminal investigation.
    "Spygate" - No, not everyone is calling it that. The president made up that term himself. The Gang of 8 attended a briefing on the claims, as well as another briefing held with Nunes and Gowdy. The president tried to send a WH lawyer an Chief of Staff, who were rebuffed by the gang. I have yet to see anyone, following those meetings, indicate any wrongdoing... in fact, they have said just the opposite.... and Nunes was there.

-And I've never seen a president enrich himself while putting national security at risk. ZTE. The intelligence communities have serious concerns about the company. Trump has indicated that he believes that China has attempted to undermine North Korean negotiations.... and yet, decides it's a good thing to save 70K Chinese jobs, at ZTE? The fact that China approved a loans to the Trump organization, and Ivanka, was approved for 5 new Chinese patents, is just a coincidence right?

Why was the Mueller investigation started?

Why did James Clapper state that the US government was spying on Trump? What evidence did they use and what court approved this spying?

Is the 4th amendment simply a relic of the 18th century?

Is misleading a judge to obtain a warrant no longer a crime?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Why did James Clapper state that the US government was spying on Trump? What evidence did they use and what court approved this spying?

But but they were just protecting the Trump campaign.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could see that there might be a school nearby the softball diamonds where the Congressmen were attacked, but was there a school located at YouTube HQ? Or somewhere on the side of the road during the Toronto Van Attack? Or maybe there was one next door when Tomi Lahren had water thrown on her at the restaurant? The president seemed to have no issue addressing theses instances personally, and publicly.
    So what are you saying? Trump intentionally waited three weeks to call James Shaw—because he’s black? There can’t be any other causes. No. It has to be because he’s black.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what are you saying? Trump intentionally waited three weeks to call James Shaw—because he’s black? There can’t be any other causes. No. It has to be because he’s black.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Doesn't fit his into narrative he's crafting, or it's an afterthought. You tell me. He vilifies certain people, and he recognizes certain people. He finds time to sympathize with Tomi Lahren over having water being thrown at her, but doesn't have time to recognize the Waffle House guy. And it's not the first time, he brings attention to some things, but not another... like the guys planning to bomb the Somali apartment complex, or the Muslim girl who was kidnapped, and beaten to death or the Canadian Islamic center attack where 6 people were killed... but he has no issue bring up a deranged Muslim guy in Australia, that kills one person. It seems obvious to me, there's not equal attention paid... but perhaps, I'm wrong. You have another reason that you might think I'm missing?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The investigation stated because of Russian attempts to influence the election.

James Clapper did NOT say the government was spying on Trump. Check out what was actually said.

If you are trying to apply that to the above belief, it's not applicable

That is supposition, based on... well, I don't know.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DeXc2F0WAAEHUBB.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom