The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    People on the same side recognizing the same things doens't make the things recognized due to the things claimed.

Nope, we just have history to look back on to form an opinion. Let me ask you a question. If 3 Muslim guys were caught, and convicted planning to blow up a suburban complex that they targeted because it contained Christians, do you think the president would have made mention of it? Yes or no? It's a simple enough question isn't it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If 13% of the people he singles out for praise are black going forward, will that be satisfactory (Or perhaps a higher percentage? You know, to make up for past discrimination)? I think not

Déjà vu all over again. Not only have I seen this movie before, but it seems like it's on on some channel every night.

It's not a proportional thing. They aren't claiming that Trump isn't recognizing Black heroes in correct proportion to their population. They're saying that he won't recognize them at all.

Well. Except Trump did call Shaw. BUT HE WAITED THREE WEEKS! :runaway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope, we just have history to look back on to form an opinion. Let me ask you a question. If 3 Muslim guys were caught, and convicted planning to blow up a suburban complex that they targeted because it contained Christians, do you think the president would have made mention of it? Yes or no? It's a simple enough question isn't it?

Well. That fits his anti-immigration shtick, so I would think so.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not a proportional thing. They aren't claiming that Trump isn't recognizing Black heroes in correct proportion to their population. They're saying that he won't recognize them at all.

No, a public acknowledgement means something. It personally wouldn't surprised me if he never considered calling, but was reminded by some staffer of people making the very argument that I made.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Clinton and Obama didn't pardon Jack Johnson...Trump did...I do not think Clinton and Obama are racists for not doing so.....

hqdefault.jpg
    why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-being-given-the-ellis-6710892.png

hbcus-e1512260575966.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At the risk of interjecting actual politics:
    Ivanka Trump wins trademarks for products in China - BBC News

Looks like timing of other Trump business and political decisions is curious.

Donald Trump pushes China tariffs, trade war amid deal talks - Business Insider
    Trump just made a move that looks set to reignite trade tensions with China

Here's a rundown of the restrictions confirmed by the White House:

A crackdown of Chinese investment into "industrially significant technology." The new rules will prevent Chinese companies from investing in and getting access to technology developed in the US that could be copied and used by Chinese firms or the Chinese government.
    The US will move forward with a complaint against China at the World Trade Organization. The WTO case is based on US allegations that Chinese firms unfairly acquire US intellectual property through forced transfers and mandated partnerships.
    A 25% tariff on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods. The tariffs will be focused on the tech sectors and high-growth industries identified in China's "Made in China 2025" program. The Trump administration will announce the final list on June 15, with the tariffs taking effect "shortly thereafter," the White House said.

Perhaps the narrative can still be bent to fit the new facts, after all he did this after he supposedly got what he wanted on the 'personal enrichment front'

Perhaps he's whip-sawing the markets so he can buy low (Dow off 442+ right now)

Perhaps he's really smuggling bicycles

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Clinton and Obama didn't pardon Jack Johnson...Trump did...I do not think Clinton and Obama are racists for not doing so.....

hqdefault.jpg
    why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-being-given-the-ellis-6710892.png

hbcus-e1512260575966.jpg

Jack Johnson shouldn't have been pardoned. I found that bit of theater troubling, and uncalled for. I just shook my head, and asked "why." As for the other pictures, that doesn't really prove all that much. I am still undecided if Trump acts the way he does because that's "who" he is, or because that's who he thinks many of his supporters are.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    She also hugs her children when illegals are being deported by her evil racist dad! What a *****!

Well, she's walking a VERY fine line - and not too well. She wants to be treated like a non-political person in some contexts, while taking on very political roles.

Donald Trump pushes China tariffs, trade war amid deal talks - Business Insider
    Trump just made a move that looks set to reignite trade tensions with China

Perhaps the narrative can still be bent to fit the new facts, after all he did this after he supposedly got what he wanted on the 'personal enrichment front'

Perhaps he's whip-sawing the markets so he can buy low (Dow off 442+ right now)

Perhaps he's really smuggling bicycles

Except for that last thing, which is non sequitur, the other things are not mutually exclusive to trading Executive Office decisions for personal gain. In fact, in the absence of any sort of blind trust, it is reasonable to think that the decisions ARE being made for his personal gain.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But if it's all about the numbers, why don't they lay their demands on the table. Make us an offer

The movie I've seen before is this is a variation on the "you didn't disavow [some group or individual we don't like] fast enough [or at all]

Even WOPR knew how to play this game

View attachment 67230

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, she's walking a VERY fine line - and not too well. She wants to be treated like a non-political person in some contexts, while taking on very political roles.

In what universe is a picture of her hugging her kid a political stance?

Where we are today:
    Trump served steak at a state dinner.
    Clearly he is against vegans.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In what universe is a picture of her hugging her kid a political stance?

Where we are today:
    Trump served steak at a state dinner.
    Clearly he is against vegans.
    Oh, its not - and I'm not saying it is.

But, she's taken on a political role. Her public statements - including pictures - become fair game. Its a terribly petty card to play, but it is in the deck for a reason.

Prior POTUSs specifically kept their kids (young and otherwise) out of the spotlight for that very reason.

And I'm sorry if something changed about the closing of threads. :) I skipped a bunch of posts, but I don't think I'm saying anything anywhere near the rule-breaking line. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom