The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. This is kinda nutty.

[video=youtube_share;2-4TJiK3F-o]http://youtu.be/2-4TJiK3F-o[/video]

I thought maybe since their hero was embarrassed as a bumbling, senile fool, they’d quietly just let it fizzle out. But no. They can’t help themselves.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well. This is kinda nutty.

[video=youtube_share;2-4TJiK3F-o]http://youtu.be/2-4TJiK3F-o[/video]

I thought maybe since their hero was embarrassed as a bumbling, senile fool, they’d quietly just let it fizzle out. But no. They can’t help themselves.

I agree with a lot (most) of what he has to say but most of his videos are TL/DWATWT (Too long, didn't watch all the way through). Then again, I rarely speak more than one or two sentences at a time without a significant break in between. I think some people just like to hear the sound of their own voice.

I feel the same way about business meetings. Anything lasting longer than 30 minutes is rarely productive.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with a lot (most) of what he has to say but most of his videos are TL/DWATWT (Too long, didn't watch all the way through). Then again, I rarely speak more than one or two sentences at a time without a significant break in between. I think some people just like to hear the sound of their own voice.

He typically explains the gist of the topic in the first few minutes of the video. I rarely make it past 5. After that he rambles and repeats himself. I think he’d do better if he would write out notes for the points he wants to make in an outline format. And then stick to the outline.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He typically explains the gist of the topic in the first few minutes of the video. I rarely make it past 5. After that he rambles and repeats himself. I think he’d do better if he would write out notes for the points he wants to make in an outline format. And then stick to the outline.

Yep, the basics are best. Tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em. Tell 'em. Tell 'em what you told 'em to make sure they understood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. I don’t think so. Perhaps you’re eager to see these nuances which allow you to maintain a certain worldview, that allow you to excuse behavior in some people that you wouldn’t excuse in others. You know. So you can vote for the one while thinking the other is racist. Could be that.

Nah, it's not.
    I see you glossed over the fact that Printcraft essentially supports my comment. He knew what Joe was getting at, inadvertantly or not, and I doubt Print votes with the idea that White people are racist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah, it's not.
    I see you glossed over the fact that Printcraft essentially supports my comment. He knew what Joe was getting at, inadvertantly or not, and I doubt Print votes with the idea that White people are racist.
    What do you think I was getting at?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You should feel empowered! People are fighting over the meaning of the implied endorsement of printcraft to support their viewpoint

Yes.
    Printcraft stock skyrocketing, manufacturers offering endorsement contracts, young ladies swooning... (not too sure young ladies swoon anymore though)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You just can't make this stuff up:

(via twitter)
    The Fake News Media is doing everything they can to crash the economy because they think that will be bad for me and my re-election. The problem they have is that the economy is way too strong and we will soon be winning big on Trade, and everyone knows that, including China!

-DJT

The media has the ability to crash the economy? W-T-F?

So, besides the naive ramblings of an economic novice, thoughts? Are we heading for a long overdue recession? And for those who believe we are, do we blame the cycle or do we blame the POTUS?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IMHO we're continuing the trend toward recession. (Not much of a crystal ball, there, because recessions are inevitable.)

But, ever since GHWB, I've maintained that POTUS is neither to credit for good economic cycles nor to blame for bad ones. That particular institution is more like an economic cheerleader than driver.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

(via twitter)

So, besides the naive ramblings of an economic novice, thoughts? Are we heading for a long overdue recession? And for those who believe we are, do we blame the cycle or do we blame the POTUS?

Yes. The media does absolutely have that ability. You ever see what some bad news does to a company's share price? Fake or real, news can definitely affect it. Both at the individual company level and overall market level. Most people buy and sell based on emotion, and media-induced fear is strong. I've seen it happen at the company level.

I personally watched this unfold live. A lot of people got hit hard. Not because the price dropped and then recovered, but because they placed market orders to buy while trading was halted. When trading reopened at the former price, all those market orders were placed. People thought they were going to spend 30 or 40 something a share, and ended up paying well north of 100. NASD said ALL TRADES STAND.

https://money.cnn.com/2000/08/25/companies/emulex/

--former securities broker.

All that said, this is cyclical. The economy expands, and contracts. It's happened many times, and will happen many more times.

Every president says the economy is either doing great, or improving. Always. They only say the opposite when they aren't president yet, and are trying to win an election.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes. The media does absolutely have that ability. You ever see what some bad news does to a company's share price? Fake or real, news can definitely affect it. Both at the individual company level and overall market level. Most people buy and sell based on emotion, and media-induced fear is strong. I've seen it happen at the company level.

I personally watched this unfold live. A lot of people got hit hard. Not because the price dropped and then recovered, but because they placed market orders to buy while trading was halted. When trading reopened at the former price, all those market orders were placed. People thought they were going to spend 30 or 40 something a share, and ended up paying well north of 100. NASD said ALL TRADES STAND.

All that said, this is cyclical. The economy expands, and contracts. It's happened many times, and will happen many more times.

Every president says the economy is either doing great, or improving. Always. They only say the opposite when they aren't president yet, and are trying to win an election.

z7y22.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

(via twitter)

Or. Could be the tariffs are ****ing up a good economy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Crash an ECONOMY, not affect the shares of an individual business/businesses, or even a entire sector. But crash and economy? THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Technicals and fundamentals ALWAYS will have the final say.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or. Could be the tariffs are ****ing up a good economy.

We better not go into a recession because it will be long. We don't have the tools to pull ourselves out immediately available. I mean who lowers interest rates and hands out tax cuts during a booming economy? Trump had the economy in 5th gear, and then he decides to redline it. That didn't make sense to anyone except those cashing in, to cash out before a collapse.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

You are right. The media keeps going after the economy whether it is one company at a time or the economy at large. They push anything negative they can. I can't imagine anybody could actually miss this if they follow any of the media propaganda at all.

Jim Cramer says the media needs to back off on their hysteria about the economy.
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...cramer-tells-media-dial-back-hysteria-economy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Crash an ECONOMY, not affect the shares of an individual business/businesses, or even a entire sector. But crash and economy? THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Technicals and fundamentals ALWAYS will have the final say.
    “Technicals” is voodoo. Fundamentals? Eh. Ya. But never say always. News absolutely can crash an economy. And so can tariff wars with China. Not so much that the negative market effects have had time to impact the economy all that much, but because of fear that they will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom