The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We better not go into a recession because it will be long. We don't have the tools to pull ourselves out immediately available. I mean who lowers interest rates and hands out tax cuts during a booming economy? Trump had the economy in 5th gear, and then he decides to redline it. That didn't make sense to anyone except those cashing in, to cash out before a collapse.

:scratch: The President does not control interest rates. The tax cuts were necessary because we pay too much tax, but should have had a huge corresponding cut in spending. Restoring regulatory sanity was most responsible for the recovery. And the economy was recovering nicely but wasn’t exactly 5th gear when Trump got his tax deduction through. Maybe 2nd gear. At least Obama’s economy was in rear view.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :scratch: The President does not control interest rates. The tax cuts were necessary because we pay too much tax, but should have had a huge corresponding cut in spending. Restoring regulatory sanity was most responsible for the recovery. And the economy was recovering nicely but wasn’t exactly 5th gear when Trump got his tax deduction through. Maybe 2nd gear. At least Obama’s economy was in rear view.

He also doesn't control the way money appropriated by Congress is spent.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Are folks actually complaining about the economy and job market?

Yeah, it won't last. Never does. BUT.. take advantage while we can and prep for the next downturn.

Guess I should be in the prep forum, not here...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    uvt8XAv.jpg

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That and pot, he said he wants it to be a state issue but won't decriminalize it federally? Sounded like he was talking out both sides of his mouth.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I want to see Crenshaw and Tulsi on the same episode, get a little pushback to Crenshaws hawkish views. He used the line that not wanting military bases in 100+ countries makes you an isolationist, which is bs in my opinion, as it would mean every country but the US is isolationist.

That and pot, he said he wants it to be a state issue but won't decriminalize it federally? Sounded like he was talking out both sides of his mouth.

Reported. This is now a thread dedicated to Salma.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    He also doesn't control the way money appropriated by Congress is spent.

If money is appropriated to the Dept. of Defense, how is it the President, who is COMMANDER IN CHIEF, doesn't get a say in how it's spent?

By the way, I don't expect you'll actually answer, I expect some question in response instead.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If money is appropriated to the Dept. of Defense, how is it the President, who is COMMANDER IN CHIEF, doesn't get a say in how it's spent?

By the way, I don't expect you'll actually answer, I expect some question in response instead.

I actually could've and would've answered the question directly, but since you're hoping to start something, indicative by the snark, I'll pass.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I actually could've and would've answered the question directly, but since you're hoping to start something, indicative by the snark, I'll pass.

Lol. It's based on years of watching how you try to deflect away with questions of your own so you don't have to answer questions you don't want to answer.

That's just another convenient excuse for you to not answer, which you 100% would not have done.

We all know it, including you. That's why I made my point with my question.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lol. It's based on years of watching how you try to deflect away with questions of your own so you don't have to answer questions you don't want to answer.

That's just another convenient excuse for you to not answer, which you 100% would not have done.

We all know it, including you.

:yesway:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Are you asking who decides how much money is appropriated to DoD or who decides how that allocated money is spent? Either way I dont think Trump is going over the books.
    Actually is air force one in the DoD budget? That one I bet he sat down with the interior designer and went over every detail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom