The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know you're probably just joking... but it's a legit question to ask.

A notable person saying something that goes against the grain may imply they're being genuine. They're more influential.

A nobody with 10 followers saying something that goes against the grain... it's far more possible that it's not a real statement. A situation where anyone has anything to lose.

So, Kut asking follower count, I suspect, is an effort to feel out if this is a real (not anonymous) person's thought... as opposed to an account made last week to be used for cherry-picking quotes for news stories.

Rather than "believable", I think "influence" is the buzzword going around these days. Trump has a lot of influence.

You and I have different ideas on how much worth to place upon anything on twitter. I can recognize a good idea or a pithy comment without needing to score its author's prominence. That tweet about bitcoin being completed Sudoku's that you can use to buy drugs with was flawless, made no less or more so by the author's metrics

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You and I have different ideas on how much worth to place upon anything on twitter. I can recognize a good idea or a pithy comment without needing to score its author's prominence. That tweet about bitcoin being completed Sudoku's that you can use to buy drugs with was flawless, made no less or more so by the author's metrics

Got to start from somewhere! Also I guess we should differentiate "political" twitter from "humor/casual" twitter. People have made careers off of being funny on Twitter and growing to become semi-famous from it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Got to start from somewhere! Also I guess we should differentiate "political" twitter from "humor/casual" twitter. People have made careers off of being funny on Twitter and growing to become semi-famous from it.

One of my favorites....

maxresdefault.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    They are entitled to their opinions, and I'm entitled to criticize those opinions. In fact, I would almost certainly engage one of them if I met them, to figure out why they hold such opinions. That STILL does not preclude me from thinking that generally they exhibit ignorance on a whole 'nother realm of reality.

You can't seriously think they don't regularly hear the same despicable BS you're pedaling from Democrats on a daily basis can you? I'd dearly love to be present if you were to attempt to correct the "ignorance" of those like Dr. Sowell or Dr. Williams for not toeing the Democrat party line. Hell, it would be entertaining enough to see you approach the people you specifically mentioned in this thread.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But that shouldn't be the measure of their success. There was once a time when being witty was valued in its own right

Edit: Einstein's quote about being unable to solve problems with the same thinking used to create them would be no less true if he had merely been a competent patent clerk and no more

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can't seriously think they don't regularly hear the same despicable BS you're pedaling from Democrats on a daily basis can you? I'd dearly love to be present if you were to attempt to correct the "ignorance" of those like Dr. Sowell or Dr. Williams for not toeing the Democrat party line. Hell, it would be entertaining enough to see you approach the people you specifically mentioned in this thread.

That wasn't said, nor implied. I have no issue with Black Republicans nor conservatives, in fact I consider myself a Black conservative that's voted Republican more than Democrat. My issue is with the ignorant or opportunists Black people that support Donald Trump. By the way, which people did I specifically mention in this thread? I cannot recall calling anyone out here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That wasn't said, nor implied. I have no issue with Black Republicans nor conservatives, in fact I consider myself a Black conservative that's voted Republican more than Democrat. My issue is with the ignorant or opportunists Black people that support Donald Trump. By the way, which people did I specifically mention in this thread? I cannot recall calling anyone out here.

back-and-fill
    Verb
    1) To manage the sails of a ship so that the wind strikes them alternately in front and behind, in order to keep the ship in the middle of a river or channel while the current or tide carries the vessel against the wind.
    2) To take opposite positions alternately; to assert and deny.

Ima' go with #2

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They are entitled to their opinions, and I'm entitled to criticize those opinions. In fact, I would almost certainly engage one of them if I met them, to figure out why they hold such opinions. That STILL does not preclude me from thinking that generally they exhibit ignorance on a whole 'nother realm of reality.
    This does'nt really address my point that you can't disagree with their opinions on merit like you would with anyone else without insulting and categorizing them as sellouts to their race. That's what I take issue with. You really need to evolve from that mentality.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This does'nt really address my point that you can't disagree with their opinions on merit like anyone else without categorizing them as sellouts to their race. That's what I take issue with. You really need to evolve from that mentality.

I can't help but think that. They're people that have no sense of history.

Watch this clip, and tell me what you think of this young man talking.

[video=youtube;1Ulej05lL-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ulej05lL-U[/video]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I can't help but think that. They're people that have no sense of history.

Watch this clip, and tell me what you think of this young man talking.

[video=youtube;1Ulej05lL-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ulej05lL-U[/video]

It's an interesting take from that young man's perspective but it does'nt mean there still can't be black supporters who support policy, which I would be willing to bet drew this young man in originally, that don't buy into the racist meme just like anyone else might not.

I mean what do they gain policy wise if they originally agreed with Trump's policy initiatives by jumping over into a Kamala Harris camp?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's an interesting take from that young man's perspective but it does'nt mean there still can't be black supporters who support policy, which I would be willing to bet drew this young man in originally, that don't buy into the racist meme just like anyone else might not.

I mean what do they gain policy wise by jumping over into a Kamala Harris camp?

Do you think his perspective is inaccurate? He explains pretty damn well why I'm not a Trump supporter, regardless of his policy, and I have a hard time understand how he's able to still support the president based on his own words.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Do you think his perspective is inaccurate? He explains pretty damn well why I'm not a Trump supporter, regardless of his policy, and I have a hard time understand how he's able to still support the president based on his own words.
    Look. My comment stands on it's own. I can't speak for anyone else's motivation for still choosing to support Trump but I'm just not willing to buy into the notion that they fall into a category of race traitors. Maybe they engage in some critical thinking instead of just accepting the notion that everything falls into the pit of perpetual racism.

I would ask you a question if you believe Trump's push back on certain people are because of their race or is he taking issue in rebuttal to the things that they say?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What Baltimore is or what Baltimore is not has little to do with the piece of **** that is Cummings.

Insult to Cummings aside, I am inclined to agree. Baltimore's ills, as I would say with most cities with issues, stems from the local government, not federal elected representatives. The can get the money sent to places that are in need, but don't have much of say in how it's administered.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jericho Green is entitled to his opinion. He's another one cut from the same cloth as Diamond and Silk and Candace Owens. People that know full well their opinions will be seized upon, by those looking for reinforcemnet. There have always been those willing to do whatever to work in the house.

And what truth are you talking about? Today, he's blaming Elijah Cummings for Baltimore's issues. "Yesterday," he blamed Obama...

Here's what the president wrote 4/28/2015

So what truth are you relying? Or is "truth' a type of hypocrisy dependent on who is in office. His rhetoric is absolutely a Southern Strategy tactic, which doesn't mean he himself is a racist, but that he thinks many of his supporters are. I've said as much previously.
    :rolleyes: Uncle Tom ****? Really? That’s how you see this? Oh No. Can’t possibly be that he blames Democrats for turning everywhere they rule into ****holes. Can’t possibly be that he thinks Obama’s and Elijah’s policies are perpetuating poverty. It doesn’t matter what race they are. Democrats left to rule unchecked will turn urban landscapes into Detroit eventually.

Baltimore is a ****hole because their pet policies keep people poor and dependent on Democrats. The only reason Baltimore isn't Detroit yet is because its industrial diversity makes it more parasite tolerant. Parasitic Democrats turn cities into ****holes.

If you want Baltimore not to be a ****hole, put a Republican in charge. But not a chamber-o-commerce Republican—they’ll just spend money on sports stadiums. And not an alt-right Republican. Okay. Nevermind. Don’t put a Republican in charge. Put an independent in charge who doesn’t give a **** about race, ideology, or perpetuating political power.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom