The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    She is suing to make sure her story is told, according to a lot of the coverage. If she wanted to tell her story, why did she accept the 130Gs and sign the agreement? If she isn't a blackmailer, why wait until 2016 to want to tell her "story"? And after getting her payday, why this legal move? I suspect she's received a better offer for her "story". Trump's a cad, but do you actually think [STRIKE]Stormy Daniels[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Peggy Peterson[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Gomer[/STRIKE] Stephanie Clifford didn't know who he was or that he was married? Media whore/actual whore, it's getting hard to tell

Still say #meTwo(hundredGs)

According to a lot of coverage, or according to her? There is a difference, there is a lot of coverage out there that gun owners are evil, baby killing, monsters. Doesn't make it true. Perhaps she changed her mind, I can point out quite a few examples of Trump doing so if you would like examples of that. Who said she wanted to tell her story in 2016? Did she approach Trump, or did his lawyer approach her first? Do you think Trump didn't know who she was, or that HE was married? And Trump IMO definitely qualifies as at least one of those, no idea and don't want to know on the other.

And you didn't answer the question. Which is worse or are they counted the same, the hooker or the john? If you pick one or another as being worse, I wouldn't mind hearing your reasoning on that.

Because freedom.

She had a freedom to contract away her right to tell the story.

If the contract is invalid (question as to "void" or "voidable"), then she's not allowed to keep the money unless she wants to continue under the terms of the contract. She's probably figured there's more money to be made by escaping the contract.

So, the first $130k she makes, she'll use to pay it back. After that, she can milk that cow all she wants.

Wait.

That was probably the premise of one of her films.

Pretty much.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, but Trump says alot of things he doesn't [STRIKE]really mean[/STRIKE] actually understand....

;)

I think my modification makes this statement most accurate. Watching Trump in a meeting where both sides know exactly what's going on, is a case study in spotting the clueless bull****ter.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think my modification makes this statement most accurate. Watching Trump in a meeting where both sides know exactly what's going on, is a case study in spotting the clueless bull****ter.

Unfortunately, often more Duterte than Disraeli :(

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Unfortunately, often more Duterte than Disraeli :(

[Thanks for saying that publicly.] ;)

While I enjoy the observational humor associated with that comment, I can't escape the irony that Duterte is moving away from US influence toward a better relationship with China.... and Russia.

:D

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Textbook non-aligned theory is to play both halves against each other to get the most goodies without being dominated by either. It's a bold strategy, Cotton ...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Textbook non-aligned theory is to play both halves against each other to get the most goodies without being dominated by either. It's a bold strategy, Cotton ...

Uh... are we talking about Duterte still, or Trump? ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [Thanks for saying that publicly.] ;)

While I enjoy the observational humor associated with that comment, I can't escape the irony that Duterte is moving away from US influence toward a better relationship with China.... and Russia.

:D

Duterte, Xi, and Putin... remind again of which one Trump has been critical of?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ...and the minor part says "go to Hell T.Lex!!!!!"

!

And for no other reason that he's one of them lawyer types. At least he doesn't seem to be the type that has his face plastered all over buses. He doens't have his face plastered all over buses does he?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heya Act - this is being covered in the Russian Ambassador Shot thread.... That's where other Russian-gov't related deaths were also discussed. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom