The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He needs to do more than just put his lips around it. Commit to voting pro 2A. Period. Doesn't matter as far as how I'm voting, because I don't plan to vote for the democrat **********.

I think for alot of rural Republicans, all he has to do is put his lips around it. Once. And take pics that will be used on TV.

Wait.

Is this another Stormy Daniels thread now?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's the Pennsylvania special election for the US House. Lamb is a moderate Democrat, one that I think many would find acceptable over many Republicans.

We had this happen before...They even had a name, "The Blue Dog Coalition"...There were maybe 40 or so....Jim Webb being the most prominent...The Liberal Dem's hung them out to dry...

Let's hope this young man stands by his principles.....I was watching The Five the other day and they, like me, could not even remember the name of his opponent....I hope this is the beginning of more moderate Democrats....Alpo and I have talked about this numerous times....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We had this happen before...They even had a name, "The Blue Dog Coalition"...There were maybe 40 or so....Jim Webb being the most prominent...The Liberal Dem's hung them out to dry...

Let's hope this young man stands by his principles.....I was watching The Five the other day and they, like me, could not even remember the name of his opponent....I hope this is the beginning of more moderate Democrats....Alpo and I have talked about this numerous times....

I noticed that in that commercial, he made sure to show himself with an AR and said he loved shooting. Now, what is a moderate democrat? Is it one that likes to shoot but thinks you should be over 21 or that bump stocks should be banned or that won't support national reciprocity, etc...etc...? I suppose that between a Chuck Schumer/Nancy Pelosi/Diane Feinstein type democrat and a fudd/butter-style democrat, that latter would be better. But nothing to crow about.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The Democratic Party has been taken over by ideological zealots, to put it in the kindest terms. If Lamb is truly someone who can represent many Republicans, the Democratic leadership will scuttle anything he tries to do, they'll coerce him into voting in ways that doesn't represent those Republicans who might vote for him. They want him to win, but just so that Democrats control the seat, not for whatever republican-ish values he may hold.

Same with Joe Donnelly. I really don't get the feeling he's actually all that progressive--he's more the pro traditional union/working class variety of Democrat. But he also strikes me as someone who is just filling a seat too. He'll vote the seat according to the whims of Nancy Pelosy. And she's ****ing bat-**** crazy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I noticed that in that commercial, he made sure to show himself with an AR and said he loved shooting. Now, what is a moderate democrat? Is it one that likes to shoot but thinks you should be over 21 or that bump stocks should be banned or that won't support national reciprocity, etc...etc...? I suppose that between a Chuck Schumer/Nancy Pelosi/Diane Feinstein type democrat and a fudd/butter-style democrat, that latter would be better. But nothing to crow about.

If he speaks fondly of ARs, he's obviously an evil person who is personally responsible for everyone shot in mass shootings. That's Nancy Pelosy * Co's view about that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If he speaks fondly of ARs, he's obviously an evil person who is personally responsible for everyone shot in mass shootings. That's Nancy Pelosy * Co's view about that.

I'm a skeptic. Democrats do a much better job of holding the herd together. Oh, they'll let them stray a bit to help them get re-elected. But he wouldn't be the first one to be seen with an "assault weapon" in his hand one day and then working to ban them the next.

photo.jpeg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think Gabbie Giffords earned the right to change her mind (and part of her brain) on the issue.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Trump touts House Intel findings of 'no evidence of collusion' between campaign, Russia | Fox News

SO.... no evidence on Trump but...

Uh oh... Maybe some collusion with russians on another matter....

Republicans on the committee, though, have expanded their investigation of the Trump dossier, seeking answers from Obama administration officials, including a former staffer for Vice President Joe Biden. Nunes sent a questionnaire to the former Biden staffer, whose husband worked for Fusion GPS, the firm behind the dossier, seeking answers to when the administration was made aware of the dossier.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think Gabbie Giffords earned the right to change her mind (and part of her brain) on the issue.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and to change that opinion. Being shot doesn't entitle her one bit more to change her opinion.

And having been shot does not make her opinion disproportionately more important than, say, an individuals who successfully defended theirs or others lives with firearms.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and to change that opinion. Being shot doesn't entitle her one bit more to change her opinion.

And having been shot does not make her opinion disproportionately more important than, say, an individuals who successfully defended theirs or others lives with firearms.

Youre belief, while valid doesn't reconcile with human nature. It is difficult for people to stick to their general principles, when they are personally victimized by them.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I nearly got taken to Kingdom by either a peanut or a sesame seed per my Doctor......I hold nothing against either peanuts nor sesame seeds...

True story.....
    It is my understanding that peanuts and sesame seeds had no problem with you. However, after suffering years of mistreatment by you, they changed their minds. They fought back.

;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Just like we don't ban cars because someone is in an accident.
    https://www.treehugger.com/cars/ban-cars-in-cities.html

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Youre belief, while valid doesn't reconcile with human nature. It is difficult for people to stick to their general principles, when they are personally victimized by them.

I'm not talking about consistency in principles. People can and do change their minds for both principled and unprincipled reasons. And they're entitled to their own thoughts.

I'm saying that being shot doesn't entitle her to any higher importance of her opinion. People were granting a much larger importance to the opinions of children shot in the recent shooting. That may feel right to some people but it is not rational.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sympathy is probably irrational, too.

For me, a principled reason for changing one's mind is important; it lends credibility to the new position. It makes sense. An unprincipled change of mind is... discouraging. It detracts from the person's credibility.

Getting shot is a principled reason for adopting, or justifying, anti-gun positions.

It gives that person a credible perspective, a relatable motivation for the position.

If you go back to the post I was responding to, the implication was that she overnight changed her position. While technically true (more or less - I think she was in the hospital, in a coma, for several days), it omits some important context for why she switched to anti-gun.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not talking about consistency in principles. People can and do change their minds for both principled and unprincipled reasons. And they're entitled to their own thoughts.

I'm saying that being shot doesn't entitle her to any higher importance of her opinion. People were granting a much larger importance to the opinions of children shot in the recent shooting. That may feel right to some people but it is not rational.

Also valid, but also not aligned with human nature. Persons with celebrity or notoriety of sort often are often viewed as having a higher importance of opinion, even when their knowledge of the subject is severely limited, or even absent.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Steve Scalise balances Gabby out I suppose...except that he's not the MSM's poster child and go-to guy on all things gun related.

ETA: This pretty much goes to illustrate my point. With Gabby, we apparently had a democrat nominally a gun rights supporter. But when she had a chance to not be a hypocrite, she chose to be. Steve Scalise didn't. I know that sounds harsh but it's kind of like a pastor preaching the gospel, fallen world, etc. and all of a sudden loses his "religion" when God doesn't save his wife's life from cancer or some such. Yep, you've got the right to change your views and I won't know how I'll react until it happens to me. I hope that the principles I stand on are rock solid and I'll still see them that way if/when life goes against me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom