The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The liberal bastion call the CMA. lol

I remember reading an article a couple years ago about the CMT channel.....It was bought out and the new CEO and his partner (probably now husband) were going to work to rebrand the station to get a little more "wider audience"......

I know this...Country music is no longer country.....But thanks to the internet one can find it if they look....

[video=youtube;FVIaiADsyYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIaiADsyYo[/video]

"Take an half hour just to say good bye...."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nashville is Los Angeles with bigger hats. It's one of the most liberal cities in the south.

And like many others they have a corrupt, scandal-ridden mayor who loves to spend billions of dollars on boon-doggle, liberal pet projects.

So far as the CMA--I just don't watch that sort of crap. Any of those "awards" shows--screw 'em.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I'm still waiting for the pic of 'Rhino's kryptonite' to load... All the 'Attachments xxxxx' are coming up invalid...

But I'll take any pic of Hope Hicks stepping off of a jet or Marine One...

4714F90800000578-5156267-image-a-19_1512672823966.jpg

hopehicks_10.jpg

Sorry BT, now back to your regular scheduled programming...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm still waiting for the pic of 'Rhino's kryptonite' to load... All the 'Attachments xxxxx' are coming up invalid...

But I'll take any pic of Hope Hicks stepping off of a jet or Marine One...

4714F90800000578-5156267-image-a-19_1512672823966.jpg

hopehicks_10.jpg

Sorry BT, now back to your regular scheduled programming...

“C’mon self. You can do it. Just keep looking forward. Must not look at her ass. Must not look at her ass.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Still, the restraint on display in that photo is honorable, notwithstanding the sunglasses. A good pair of sunglasses covers a multitude of sins.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://www.axios.com/democrats-may...316-506026c8-f7aa-4c7e-8930-d74786927261.html

Ok, so the article title is pretty click-baity, with the necessary caveats about polls being fundamentally flawed when assessing anything Trump-related, but it opens the door to a more interesting conversation point IMHO.

That is, will the pro-Trump voters be as... enthusiastic in the midterms? That is, Trump won narrowly. And, he did generally have coattails. Without him at the top of the ticket, will his supporters turn out for the GOP? Most of those up for re-election are Republicans. Will the drain-the-swamp mentality actually send outsider Dems to DC?

The suburbia vote is perhaps the most interesting. That's where, from what I can tell, Trump's support has waned.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So you think there are new Republicans in the House that may lose now, or do you think that established Republicans may lose?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So you think there are new Republicans in the House that may lose now, or do you think that established Republicans may lose?

Mostly the former. It seems like there are an unusually high number of no-incumbent races (although I haven't seen numbers on that).

I think the established candidates will be safer because there won't be as much drain-the-swamp mentality. I think many of those Trump supporters will stay home. Partly because there isn't a Trump to vote for, and partly because of dissatisfaction with the administration.

Perhaps even more than 2 years ago, these midterms feel like a tossup. I'm not predicting any result and I hope the Republicans retain a majority in both houses (although a divided Congress probably won't be any more stalemated than we already are).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The republicans will gain seats in November because the dems will be running on illegal immigration and gun control.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nah, it's the same issues that Trump won with. People see the left running farther left. They understand and haven't forgotten the prior 8 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah, it's the same issues that Trump won with. People see the left running farther left. They understand and haven't forgotten the prior 8 years.
    What most drives people to polls? Ideas? Or charismatic personalities?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since the elections in question are local and not national, I think it's actuallly easier to get people to the polls to be against something than to be for something. I tend to agree with T.Lex that this one will be hard to predict. If I am correct that it is easier to motivate people to be against something, Trump presents a very big target; but I also feel that the harder progressives attempt to push the culture left, the easier it is to hold their excesses up as a target also. A lot will depend on the economy. People feel more at ease voting more ideologically when the biggest local issues are squared away.

I think the harder the left pushes gun [STRIKE]confiscation[/STRIKE] control and thought control (as embodied in the war against non-conformist ideas) the more they are dragging on the pendulum instead of swinging it. I expect nearly everyone will pick sides this time, no third party diversions; and I expect things to go even more hyper-partisan. It's an uphill battle, but I think Republicans can hold the house or make it so close it won't matter as the left tries to work with its own version of tea-party zealots. The Senate is by no means safe but there statistics favor a small gain in seats IMO (given that I expect an increase of partisan feeling and a depletion of the middle)

I think my expectation is borne out by Sherrod Brown's early polling here in Ohio, where he is struggling against a disorganized opposition (Mandel was a favorite but dropped out of the race) and a relatively unknown opponent (Renacci) despite the fact that Brown is the only Dem holding statewide office and beat a connected, establishment Republican in 2012

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom