• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockdude

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I'm not sure I agree .....

I started reading this post and found myself wondering why Titanium_Frost was so offended and then I realized ......he was only thinking of himself. Have you read the papers lately or seen the news? A hospital shooting in April at Creighton Hospital, in July there was another shooting at a Collier County hospital. Another shooting in May at a Florida hospital and in a New Mexico hospital in January of this year. All of this in 2011. If you do a little research, you'll find there are dozens of shootings at hospitals and other health care centers across the US in the past five years. It's for this very reason I carry my Glock everywhere I go with the understanding I'd better keep in concealed and not bring attention to myself. It appears the situation could have been handled better if Titanium_Frost pulled out his license and ID showing the documents. Why is it necessary to be so confrontational? I think security and the cop had an obligation to make sure you were legal. I read an article by Guy Minnis a retired EPD officer last week in the Evansville Courier/Press who taked about the recent shooting by an Evansville SWAT team member. He claimed the 285 cops on the department would go through hell or high water to help any community member ..... "just call the police and they will show up". I would like to think he's right so I don't think it's a big deal to show my license and ID when they ask me. Heck, I even thank them for putting their lives on the line for me and as a pretty good shot with my pistol I'd help them out if they needed me. I'm an old man, I've got police friends and a few cops I don't care for over the years but overall I'm police friendly. I've come to know a few cops at the gun range.

Titanium_Frost .... remember: You carried openly, you refused to stop, you refused to talk or answer questions, you refused to show your license and ID. You were asking for a confrontation with the guard or police officer and you got one. You pushed all the right buttons. If the hospital staff or cop was out of line, it doesn't mean you need to be too. Reading more posts I discovered you've had another run in with the EPD. I figure you destined to have additional confrontations with the cops, maybe you thrive on it for these posts, and that's too bad cause you might run into one of those new young cops.

I called an old friend who's an attorney and we talked about your incident. I was told "the cop was investigating a possible crime (carrying a handgun w/o permit) and you are required by law to stop and submit to his investigation". He can only stop you for a reasonable amount of time while he investigates without delay.

ps. cute kido!

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

TF was carrying concealed, and it became exposed. You ARE NOT required to show your DL (or even possess it) if you are not driving. You ARE NOT required to ID yourself unless you're being stopped for an infraction or ordinance violation. Legally or illegally carrying a weapon isn't an infraction or ordinance violation. It's a possible felony if you don't have your permission slip. He didn't have to answer any questions from the security guard. He didn't have to answer any questions from the cop. He provided his DL and LTCH on his own accord.

He doesn't have to follow a policy. A policy isn't law. It's a request. It's a statement. Not following a policy isn't a crime. He didn't have to stop and talk to the security guard. OCing, or CCing even, against someone's wishes isn't a crime.

Yes, shootings at anyplace, including a hospital, is tragic. How many of those shootings you spoke of were perpetrated by legal gun carriers?

Your attorney friend is only partially correct. It this instance, when the LEO showed up, TF provided his LTCH and DL. ANY inquiry by the LEO into the firearm is over after that point. That means the investigation is over at that point.

It's a sad day when citizens are harassed even a little when they're exercising their rights legally.

Glockdude

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    There is not a picture on his firearm license thus a picture ID to insure it's the same person. It doesn't seem a lot to ask.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There is not a picture on his firearm license thus a picture ID to insure it's the same person. It doesn't seem a lot to ask.
    But there is no law on the books that allows LEO to ask after seeing the LTCH. Just because one can make someones job easier does not mean they should have to give up anymore of their rights to do so. It is all about following the law. For LEO and citizens.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Wow ... maybe I should have my family members take up for me!

Or even better than trying to get numbers on your side to bash on a old thread you could read a few more posts than the first page and realize that about 35 people have already discussed every main point you made to death. Opinions vs. law and opinions lose everytime. You weren't there, the parties that were have already come to an agreement. Or you WERE there and you are late to the party.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Look into state vs Richards (or richardson) either the the Case that says an LTCH meets burden of proof

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Wow ... maybe I should have my family members take up for me!

If they're the type to scold someone they don't know on a public forum with incorrect facts and assumptions on their first post, they might not fare any better than you have.

:cool:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    If they're the type to scold someone they don't know on a public forum with incorrect facts and assumptions on their first post, they might not fare any better than you have.

:cool:

He could have just stepped back and put 10 rounds from his Glock .40... Oh, wrong thread.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom