• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Police are unaware that it is unlawful for them to demand your ID if you are not committing or have committed a crime. It is also unlawful for them to stop you just for carrying a gun (which is legal right?). Most hospitals I have seen show signs that say "no weapons concealed or carried in any other method are allowed here". You can still enter but you have to leave if they say you have to. It's like a sign that says no cell phones at the movie theater. You can still bring it in but you can't use it. If you do use it, they can kick you out. There is no law that prohibits guns on a college campus either. It is just the college campus policy that prohibits guns there. To my knowledge, If you are not a student at a college there is nothing the college campus can do to you besides make you leave. If you are a student you can get banned from the school (that sucks). Is that information all correct?
    Actually, no, that's not correct. As you may be aware (and if not, it's in the FAQ, linked from my sig) carrying a handgun in Indiana is unlawful unless you're one of several groups (LEOs, judges, etc.)
    An affirmative defense against a charge of committing that crime is to hold a LTCH. That is, carrying a handgun is a little like drinking alcohol, even in your own home: If you are drinking, you are breaking the law. An affirmative defense to that charge is that you are of legal age.

Other than that, yes, I believe your information is all correct. Oh, and :welcome: to :ingo:! :)

Blessings,
    Bill

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm way late to the party here, just read the first 13 pages of this before my eyes crossed & gave up. I've had two grand kids born at St Mary's, and there were many "issue's" with staff handling things badly. None gun related. The issue's partly stemmed from staffing being woefully inadequate among other reasons. So I'm not surprised in the least that TF had his issue handled all wrong.

Other grandkids were born at Womens hospital. And it was a much, much better experience for everyone involved.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    We welcomed Remington Marie Magenheimer into the world at 5:15 pm Monday. She was 7lbs 2oz of sweet little girl.

We just got home a little while ago and I'm happy to report that no issues arose requiring Guy's services or another thread on INGO ;)

I'll post a pic of her in a minute.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    We welcomed Remington Marie Magenheimer into the world at 5:15 pm Monday. She was 7lbs 2oz of sweet little girl.

We just got home a little while ago and I'm happy to report that no issues arose requiring Guy's services or another thread on INGO ;)

I'll post a pic of her in a minute.

Mazel tov!
    Except perhaps for naming her Remington.
    She will grow to love or hate that.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    SU1HMDAyODYtMjAxMjA4MTMtMTgzMi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAyODctMjAxMjA4MTYtMDcyMC5qcGc.jpg

Top Bottom