So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'm about ready to buy some plated bullets for 9mm, for the glock. But I might get out of casting 9's so i only have to stock 1 bullet.
    Where's the best deal on plated 9'sm

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm about ready to buy some plated bullets for 9mm, for the glock. But I might get out of casting 9's so i only have to stock 1 bullet.
    Where's the best deal on plated 9'sm

I'm partial to Berry's.

In fact I just got a case of their 147FPs in the mail last week. (free shipping on orders over $75 BTW) Went to put them away and realized I still had half a case I forgot about. *facepalm*.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I just got back from the Knob Creek machine gun shoot, so a crap load of .30 US (.30-06) and 7.62 NATO.
    I leave the .50 BMGs to someone else, I'm just not set up for volume for .50 BMG.
    The old Browning just LOVES to make dirty, empty brass and everyone loves shooting the old Brownings...

Everyone wants to know "How Many?",
    About 200 scoop shovels worth! ;)
    Everyone loves to shoot, no one cleans up their brass afterwards...

I need to find a deal on .30 in 150 grain FMJ somewhere... This is one expensive hobby turning money into noise! :rolleyes:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    RMR, xtreme or accura.

The box of 500 Accura I got at Atterbury has really impressed me. Superb quality at a bargain price. You'd swear they are jacketed rather than plated, the plating is so thick and smooth.

This were 147s. I will try their lighter pills next time.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Just put together 100 7.62x39, 123 gn Nosler Varmageddons. Looking forward to some varmitcide!

76239_1.jpg

76239_2.jpg

Ron

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I helped a buddy today for his first reloading session. I had everything set up for him. I showed him the process, then sat back and watched. We did about 100 .44 mag and 150 .45 ACP. He recently moved back to Indiana and has taken a liking to guns. I had collected some extra brass that I wasn't going to be using so let him load it up. He was excited that he could load it and save so much money. Of course he doesn't have any money in the equipment!! I don't mind. Our wives left us alone and went shopping. Can't get much better than that!!

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The box of 500 Accura I got at Atterbury has really impressed me. Superb quality at a bargain price. You'd swear they are jacketed rather than plated, the plating is so thick and smooth.

This were 147s. I will try their lighter pills next time.
    how much were they and what bullet style? I shoot there a lot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel better.

Months ago, after about 350-400 rounds on a go of 147s over 3.4gr I noted at the end that I had a problem with the micrometer powder measure. I caught one VERY light load (under 1gr) and realized I dont recall verifying each and every charge.

So I tagged that ammo can as "slow fire only" thinking that would be good enough. (because I didnt want to pull THAT many bullets) But it just. kept. nagging.

So rather than pull every one, I threw each one on the scale and found a sweet spot. Everything Under or over a certain weight range got put into a bucket because it was either way too heavy or way too light. I know due to different headstamps, stepped vs regular cases, etc it would always vary. (I use recovered range brass)

So I ended pulling about 50 that were not in spec. Out of that I found 4 charges under a single grain of powder. :faint:

I now can shoot that batch comfortably and feel much better. I'll gladly trade that 2 hours of my time for a gun that wasnt blown up, I didnt have to ram a stuck bullet out, etc.

I've since shelved that micrometer measure and switched back to discs, but tried the set screw trick to fine tune the aperture, and it works wonders.

Oh, and I also found that maxing that load out at 3.6 was just too snappy. Back to 3.5.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Finally shot up 400 Norma Match 6.5CM. Loading all 400 for three day Thunder Valley Precision trip late May.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Not loading but casting. Made 3000 .38 125 grain RNFP now need to do the same for .32s and .44s. Then .230 grain .45ACP. Crap. Need .38-55 and .45-70 too.

Top Bottom