So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Wait. You are shooting .45 in USPSA Open??? Are you nuts??? LOL!!! Good on ya man!

yea still shooting a good ol springfield single stack. same gun i started out with in '96.
    i had a short bout of 38super "insanity" :runaway: for about 6 months in '97 and went back to my old reliable 45 shortly after

still running the same gilmore speed leader holster, same safariland mag carriers and belt, and mags

:cheers:

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    yea still shooting a good ol springfield single stack. same gun i started out with in '96.
    i had a short bout of 38super "insanity" :runaway: for about 6 months in '97 and went back to my old reliable 45 shortly after

still running the same gilmore speed leader holster, same safariland mag carriers and belt, and mags

That is so awesome! So you are running a single stack against guys running the 170 mm double-stack mags? You are definitely THE MAN. :rockwoot:

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    That is so awesome! So you are running a single stack against guys running the 170 mm double-stack mags? You are definitely THE MAN. :rockwoot:

when i was running the super, my classification scores went right in the toilet. i was never comfortable with the gun, and thats why i switched back to the 45. i just started shooting again last spring after 12 years of inactivity. tok me almost all year to kinda get back in the groove where i was getting consistant hit, and stopped getting procedurals.
    classifications scores were slowly improving.
    i know i'll never be as fast as i was 25 years ago, but it dont let it bother me.
    25 years ago i was in the best physical (and mental) condition of my life, and now at 60 years old, ive got arthritis in my hips and knees, and that slows me down a little.

i shoot to have fun and get away from daily life. seems all i do is work, eat, sleep (sometimes), and then work around the house all weekend.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    i shoot to have fun and get away from daily life. seems all i do is work, eat, sleep (sometimes), and then work around the house all weekend.

I feel ya brother. But I am WAAAAAY younger than you!!! I am ONLY 59, and won't be 60 until June! I am just a child compared to you 60 year-old guys!!! :):

Yeah, it's amazing when the body starts slowing down. We never think it can happen to us, only to those other "old guys". Now I am one. :fogey:

I am taking steps this year as well to go back to just having fun and letting the chips fall where they will. Moving over to Carry Optics in 9mm, and selling my .40 Limited gun. It is time. My old eyes need help!

Maybe I'll see you around the range some time. I'll be the other old guy!!! :):

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    theres several "old guys" running (maybe walking) around at nearly every USPSA match ive shot at NPCCC and wildcat valley

i shot quite a few steel matches last year as well, no moving around, and i dont have to come up with a game plan for the stage.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    dialing in & fine tuning a Dillon 650 for brass processing in .223 on range pickup prior to working on some LC,
    case head separated in Dillon full length sizing/decapping die :ugh:

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    took a trip to the range to test fire a new load for my open gun, and dial in the dot on my RFRO.

loaded up 150 155gr SWC for my 45, fighting a slicking primer slide in the dillon SDB. broke down and tore the press apart , and replaced the primer slide assy, and finally got it running consistently.
    ordered some replacement parts from dillon this morning. hopefully i'll get the rest of my bullets loaded this weekend.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have been processing 300 AAC brass. Made up my first loads yesterday. These were 125 gr. Hornandy FMJs with Lil' Gun. Tried them out in my new 10.5" PSA and they functioned well in the gun. I just need to find some cheap bullets for plinking. I am looking for 110 grainers because am planning on hunting with the Barnes TAC-TX.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I don’t know how much 223 brass fits in a 5 gallon bucket, but I’ve filled one up over the last 5 weeks. S-L-O-W-L-Y sorting, cleaning, and trimming. Still need to swage the primer pockets.

The stuff I do to save a few pennies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don't process brass anymore once I found out about the Wolf Gold primed case deal. It costs less to buy NEW brass than once fired once you add the primer in.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    13 cents each is the going rate.

Subtract 4 cents for the primer.

Nine cents a case I can't even find fully processed lake city (used!) for less than 12 cents each. That's unprimed.

So new brass cheaper than once-fired? Heck yes.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Yesterday I made up some test loads for 300 AAC pistol. These are 110 gr Barnes Tac-tx over Lil Gun. After shooting and deciding on which load, I will load up more of these then make up some similar plinking/target loads.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    Finally got a chance to start reloading this past weekend. Loaded up 68 rounds of .38 special using 4.1 gr of Unique and coated SWCs. Took 18 rounds out and plinked with them. They all went bang and were comfortable to shoot. This is a fun hobby.

Top Bottom