• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you are still shopping you were not prepared.

I beg to disagree, we are still allowed to be out and about for essential things like shopping for groceries.

You replace what is used to maintain that stock level if we hit a point where no travel is allowed and :poop: really hits the fan, you are prepared with needed supplies
    and not depleted your resources. I'd rather not have to buy groceries for a time being after this has subsided rather than be hungry as he77 because I didn't manage
    my foodstuffs.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I beg to disagree, we are still allowed to be out and about for essential things like shopping for groceries.

You replace what is used to maintain that stock level if we hit a point where no travel is allowed and :poop: really hits the fan, you are prepared with needed supplies
    and not depleted your resources. I'd rather not have to buy groceries for a time being after this has subsided rather than be hungry as he77 because I didn't manage
    my foodstuffs.

I agree! If the Doo doo hit the fan for real (as in this has derogated in violence and overrunning of this and that and people going hungry for days, weeks and longer). That said, we are head on a swivel when we are out. We have our spider sense tuned up and if there is a mass of people and a line.... nope! Not for me!

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I believe Thor is correct on this one. Although it is reasonable that stores are available in these circumstances, people who are properly prepped have few needs in the short term and should greatly curtail visits in an effort to avoid getting/spreading disease.

Voluntarily heading out to keep stocks at top level while taking unnecessary, but consequential risk is the worse choice.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ... That said, we are head on a swivel when we are out. We have our spider sense tuned up and if there is a mass of people and a line.... nope! Not for me!

My wife is in week two of working from home. The dogs know something is up and spend their days on high alert...

xeZMYL7.jpg

M79qesVl.jpg

I imagine they're thinkin, it's quiet out there. Too quiet.:laugh:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ha! I if they are like out mutt, the only thinking going on is "eventually the hoomans will look away, and I can shred something".

They only shred living things.;)

They're good boys. When the wife is home alone, NOBODY is coming through that door without bleeding.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe Thor is correct on this one. Although it is reasonable that stores are available in these circumstances, people who are properly prepped have few needs in the short term and should greatly curtail visits in an effort to avoid getting/spreading disease.

Voluntarily heading out to keep stocks at top level while taking unnecessary, but consequential risk is the worse choice.
    I've just been getting perishable items so that I can still eat fresh stuff before having to resort to the non-perishables that I have stored. I do have some loaves of bread in the freezer, and meat, etc.. I limit my time spent in stores and keep my distance while in the aisles or waiting in line. Lately though, stores really haven't been crowded like they initially were. I think a lot of people either bought a crap-ton of stuff (ie. TP and paper towels) and aren't going back, or else they've given up and figure there won't be anything in the stores to buy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The architecture firm, the commercial flooring company, the Amazon store shippers, the construction office, even the drug dealers across the street are all fully staffed.

We seem to the only ones in this neighborhood that are running a skeleton crew.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Yep, we haven't stepped out since this started and won't until it's over. If you're out for convenience you're doing it wrong...or you weren't prepared.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

my foodstuffs.
    Exactly. You can still go out and shop as normal if you are wearing the proper ppe imo. No way would I go to the store without wearing a n95 mask, using hand sanitizer, not touching my face, bringing my own wipes to wipe the cart down at the cart coral outside in the parking lot.
    Also I sanitize my card or any cash I get and vehicle doors and back where grocery bags touch. Then sanitize everything before its brought into my house. Clothes go right into the washer and my shoes are sanitized.
    But I do think it's ok to shop as normal. Why dig into preps if you don't need to?
    I had to go to the store for elderly family members and I picked up afew fresh things for use as well for the weeks meals. Did we need it? No but I don't need to get into my freezer now or preps. I'm a looong way off from busting out the preps.
    Just from normal TP buying before the great TP panic of 2020 I won't need any of that for 4 months or so. I've seen it on the shelf. Left it there for people who do need it

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wife: "We don't have chicken. I'm going to the grocery to get some."
    Me: "We have ham, pork, eggs, beef, ..."
    Wife: "But I want chicken."
    Me: "Argh! Are you not understanding what's going on!"
    Wife: "Yeah, but they said I can go grocery shopping, and I want chicken."

:wallbash:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Based on my sightings tell her "good luck!" Then be waiting with a knowing grin when she returns.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am ready to go into a real quarantine at any time and can stay there for several months but as long as I can go and get fresh milk, bread, eggs, bananas, etc. I will be going.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Apparently golf courses are essential businesses as well? Traffic in Avon is as bad as usual with a don’t travel warning in effect? Oh well don’t need milk that bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hey brother you married her...….:):

I get close to the same but not about chicken and yeah, I married her...…..going on 39 years ago and it has not changed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am ready to go into a real quarantine at any time and can stay there for several months but as long as I can go and get fresh milk, bread, eggs, bananas, etc. I will be going.

CKW has to eat 2 banana's a day for the potassium. We will need fresh tomorrow. Hopping the market on 10th has opened for the season.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    CKW has to eat 2 banana's a day for the potassium. We will need fresh tomorrow. Hopping the market on 10th has opened for the season.
    Might check around for info. I'm not in that area, but all of our farmers markets are postponed until further notice due to this stuff. Those are city run, though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom