• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Mecgar is good to go just avoid promag. I haven't had any issues with the single stack for 4506 but once I started to build my mag collection I got rid of those. I read on the S&W forum of people having issues with the promag double stacks.

Greg Cote LLC sells the MecGars for about 22-24 bucks and ships super fast. No affiliation other than happy customer.

SMITH & WESSON MAGAZINES : Greg Cote, LLC

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm new to Indy and this forum, and just found this SW thread. Woo hoo! I picked up a pair of all stainless steel SW automatics over the holidays and couldn't be happier. I got the following from a trusted FFL from the Beretta forum (& friend) who was selling these from an IL estate sale. I am still a total sucker for the old SW 10mm autos.

The 10mm 1006 below was in very good shape, with just a few rub marks on the matte finish that easily polished out. It was already sportin wood and has factory Novaks, which I've wanted to try, as my other 1006's have adj rear sights from the factory. Inside of gun looked near new. It came with 3 factory mags, which I think made it a good deal at the price I paid.

I do like those wood grips!

What did you polish out the scuffs with? How did the matte finish hold up?

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I do like those wood grips!

What did you polish out the scuffs with? How did the matte finish hold up?

i used a generic paste metal polish, used spareingly and with a light touch. I'll check tube this eve for brand. The marks on the 1006 were like black rub marks and scuffs. The polish did smooth out the matte finish a bit, so I did it overall and it looks pretty "even". The edge nicks on the 5906 and deeper scratches were a whole lot worse. I ended up taking all the matte finish off with superfine Emory paper and same polish. If I really like that one, I may bead blast it back to matte or do something else (brushed or polished or a combo).

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Greg Cote LLC sells the MecGars for about 22-24 bucks and ships super fast. No affiliation other than happy customer.

Midway has them for about $22, also - the 15 rd for my 915.

Any info on the 17 rd mags? I'm reluctant, because it seems like my 915 is finicky about mags and the spring tension anyway. But, I'm also curious about how they look and work.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Nice Smiths and welcome to this thread. I haven't seen much in the 3rd gen mag deals on Ebay or GB but I have still been having good luck at the local gun shows. My range if your just tuning in is 20-25 with or without ship. I was hoping the 2 3906 I bought on Gb for $30 ship didn't get lost but the seller issued a prompt refund. There is a yearly fee to post in here of $20 paid to me to continue the expansion and preservation of the 1st,2nd, and 3rd Gen Smiths.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Depends if i like you or not :rofl:

And it looks like the 3906 GB market is back to the same 2 that have been around for a while.

Duly Noted....

Yep...my 3906 search continues. The tacti-cool market may be soft but "collector" stuff isn't. After wimping out on the 3906, I had my bids blown out on a 1903A3 that went for $3000+ and SW 66-2 that went over $2000. Heck, I can't even get that S&W 9F bought for a decent price. It went several auctions in the $100's (below reserve) and is now at $291.99 with 7 days to go . Geez...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Duly Noted....

Yep...my 3906 search continues. The tacti-cool market may be soft but "collector" stuff isn't. After wimping out on the 3906, I had my bids blown out on a 1903A3 that went for $3000+ and SW 66-2 that went over $2000. Heck, I can't even get that S&W 9F bought for a decent price. It went several auctions in the $100's (below reserve) and is now at $291.99 with 7 days to go . Geez...

Yeah its crazy how you watch something for awhile and then when you decide now is the time all of a sudden it became popular.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Nice Smiths and welcome to this thread. I haven't seen much in the 3rd gen mag deals on Ebay or GB but I have still been having good luck at the local gun shows. My range if your just tuning in is 20-25 with or without ship. I was hoping the 2 3906 I bought on Gb for $30 ship didn't get lost but the seller issued a prompt refund. There is a yearly fee to post in here of $20 paid to me to continue the expansion and preservation of the 1st,2nd, and 3rd Gen Smiths.
    Sorry, I knew I had to pay someone else to post in the Classifieds, but was not aware of the fee to post here.

Please send your banking info, DOB and Soc Sec no, and I'll get some funds moving very soon. :)

Last edited:

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I'm still tempted to pick up one of those NYPD 3914DAO's. Still a few listed on gunbroker, just not sure I want to pay that much. But, I paid at least that much for my 3953TSW last spring.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm still tempted to pick up one of those NYPD 3914DAO's. Still a few listed on gunbroker, just not sure I want to pay that much. But, I paid at least that much for my 3953TSW last spring.

I keep watching them as well. I mean if they are truly NIB or at least LNIB 98% I would drop the money.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think that's a repeat? Looks like they took off the bead blast finish.

The 45xx series are hefty to just hold but the shoot really well. The heft soaks of the recoil along with the wrap around grip.

If you got the tools you can re do the finish to near factory.

kevinslaterjr you mean the 45xx series more likely meant the 4506 and 4506-1.

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I picked up a CS45 at the 1500 with 2 mags, saw a good deal on a 4046, guy wanted I think $365, I have nothing in 40 cal but was tempted.

Top Bottom