• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I picked up a CS45 at the 1500 with 2 mags, saw a good deal on a 4046, guy wanted I think $365, I have nothing in 40 cal but was tempted.

No pics, No range report? Just Gun Show folklore....:)

A 6906 was the first semi-auto that was "mine" when I was a kid. Traded it later, but loved it when I first got it.

That's kinda what started me back on a Third Gen kick. Thought I would buy just one 3906 that I really missed from years ago and it has turned into a small "collection" of 1-3rd gens and I STILL haven't found a 3906!!!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Darn it. I have to stay out of gun stores.

Hope I don't get banned from the Third Gen group but brought home an ANIB 659 today.

xjLg6JS
    View attachment 62874

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Aesthetically, I do like the exposed backstrap on the 2nd gens.

So....Maybe this should be the place to start the definitive list of TV and Movie appearances of 1-3 gen Smiths since its too cold to hit the range??

Breaking Bad - Walt has a 4506 and a 945. Todd has a 4566. I sure hope that 945 is well cared for!

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    FYI as soon as I can figure out how to receive payments on PayPal I will have some CS9 mags for sale (3 total). I've seen them going on Gunbroker for around $40. So maybe $30 a piece or 75 for all three? Still have to do some price checks.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Aesthetically, I do like the exposed backstrap on the 2nd gens.

So....Maybe this should be the place to start the definitive list of TV and Movie appearances of 1-3 gen Smiths since its too cold to hit the range??

Breaking Bad - Walt has a 4506 and a 945. Todd has a 4566. I sure hope that 945 is well cared for!
    Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games
    I will warn you though, it's easy to spend way too much time on that website.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games
    I will warn you though, it's easy to spend way too much time on that website.

Apparently, I don't spend enough time on the internet? I've searched into pages on the site but didn't realize it had a manufacture database.

Next you'll be telling me I can buy stuff online and have it shipped to my house...

1775usmarine: Will send nominal fee exactly like my original membership fee was sent. No purple. Dead serious.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Apparently, I don't spend enough time on the internet? I've searched into pages on the site but didn't realize it had a manufacture database.

Next you'll be telling me I can buy stuff online and have it shipped to my house...

1775usmarine: Will send nominal fee exactly like my original membership fee was sent. No purple. Dead serious.

Well in another 30 years you can get a 1988 3906 sent to your home on a C&R lol

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Picked one up today, the 3914DAO. I feel like I got a decent price on it, for a NIB gun, comes with 3 magazines and all the assorted goodies. The envelope containing the spent cartridge has a late 2015 date code on it, so I would assume these are all around that age in production.

KFZqyYd.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Picked one up today, the 3914DAO. I feel like I got a decent price on it, for a NIB gun, comes with 3 magazines and all the assorted goodies. The envelope containing the spent cartridge has a late 2015 date code on it, so I would assume these are all around that age in production.

KFZqyYd.jpg

If you call Smith on Monday they should be able to give you month and year the gun was made. Looks really sexy. I'm torn between one of these or a Ruger PC when they hit stores. This would be the guaranteed wife isn't mad purchase.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    If you call Smith on Monday they should be able to give you month and year the gun was made. Looks really sexy. I'm torn between one of these or a Ruger PC when they hit stores. This would be the guaranteed wife isn't mad purchase.

My camera on my iPhone sucks (or at least I suck at taking pictures with it). I was surprised to see these have a Springfield, MA marking on them, versus the reasonable similar age 3953TSW I have, which is a Houlton, ME marked gun.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Kscessnadriver:Can't seem to get the photo to show on the SW forum. Here is most complete list I've seen. Not mine. From the SW forum. Someone did a lot of work!!

W2FZYvY.jpg
    I know this use to be on a website but I think it expired as it doesn't load anymore.

Top Bottom