• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    Ive always wanted a 3rd Gen since I got to shoot my buddies 669. Finally found a early 6906 in great shape to add to my collection. So happy to finally have one. 43DD2196-6A97-4A36-B932-5B8F8DA0BB01.jpeg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve never seen the appeal of an unfired gun. It’s a curiosity but is also a waste. Guys pay a high premium for them but cannot use them or that premium evaporates. It’s like seeing a beautiful woman that’s been married 20 years and her husband bragging that she’s still a virgin.

The appeal of an unfired gun goes against my basic philosophy that everything we buy should be to enable an experience or enable a relationship. That puts an unfired gun in the category of just stuff. Cool stuff sure, but still just stuff.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I’ve never seen the appeal of an unfired gun. It’s a curiosity but is also a waste. Guys pay a high premium for them but cannot use them or that premium evaporates. It’s like seeing a beautiful woman that’s been married 20 years and her husband bragging that she’s still a virgin.

The appeal of an unfired gun goes against my basic philosophy that everything we buy should be to enable an experience or enable a relationship. That puts an unfired gun in the category of just stuff. Cool stuff sure, but still just stuff.

This is the way. (Applauds.)

4506-1(3), 4553TSW, CS45, 5906 and 3913 in the house. All experienced and loved.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed, I don't get it. I was checking out a model and make specific gun forum and one of the guys there was talking about a common polymer pistol that he had and that it was manufactured in 2016 and had not been shot, and whether he should send it in for voluntary upgrade program... I just could not understand the logic behind a plastic pistol from 2016 not having been shot.

A collector's item is a different thing, but I'm not into those at all.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

I think it depends on the factors. Who made it, the caliber, if still manufactured, and If made in a small number that high premium remains as the years go by due to that pool getting smaller from various reasons. I'd look at something like that recon 45 as an investment item.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Agreed, I don't get it. I was checking out a model and make specific gun forum and one of the guys there was talking about a common polymer pistol that he had and that it was manufactured in 2016 and had not been shot, and whether he should send it in for voluntary upgrade program... I just could not understand the logic behind a plastic pistol from 2016 not having been shot.

I don't believe plastics will ever increase in value once manufacturing ends.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

totally agree!
    It’s in the antique car worldand/or just nice sports cars that people buy and don’t drive?
    I bought my present sports car about 10 years ago and it was six years old and had less than 9000 miles on it.
    someone might have Bought it and just put it in the garage.
    I have about 98,000 miles on mine, thank you very much!
    People do that with this on the S2000, though, And every once a while when we’ll come up for sale with just a few hundred miles on it and they’re wanting $60,000 for it

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Forgot to post pics of this bad boy last friday from whitleystu after buying his 6906 last tuesday. 457s with original box, papers, 2 mags, and fired casing. NIB and after careful examination have no reason to believe it was fired other than at the factory. Chipped in a few extra bucks over the already killler asking price.

Plinker556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2020
    Central Indiana
    Forgot to post pics of this bad boy last friday from whitleystu after buying his 6906 last tuesday. 457s with original box, papers, 2 mags, and fired casing. NIB and after careful examination have no reason to believe it was fired other than at the factory. Chipped in a few extra bucks over the already killler asking price.

You don't see those very often do you? That's nice looking!
    So you bought both the 6906 and 457?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You don't see those very often do you? That's nice looking!
    So you bought both the 6906 and 457?

Yeah originally was buying the 6906 and then he said he had a few others for me to check out. I said oh boy you're going to get me in trouble, but the after explaining to the wife and using the knowledge I've gained here and from the S&W forum was able to convince her the 457s was a wise buy.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I came across these 5906's today being sold by Buds as new/used/display guns. They have front slide serrations and what look like slide ball cuts on the front. A poster on another forum said they called Smith and was told a production time of 2009. Anybody know what these are?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/411559454/smith+&+wesson+5906+9mm+10+1+sts

There was a thread on the S&W forum that these are just plain jane new 5906's someone found in a warehouse that may of been display guns or shot show guns.

The thread from smith
    5906 STS - Forward Slide Serrations

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I found that this afternoon, the pic of the one someone posted looked pristine.

I'd assume that the rest look the same. If they came with 2 15 rounders I'd be tempted just to have an extremely nice 5906 to put up like the 6906 and that 457s I bought.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Is that a smooth frontstrap? I thought I remembered my old one having serrations on the front.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I came across these 5906's today being sold by Buds as new/used/display guns. They have front slide serrations and what look like slide ball cuts on the front. A poster on another forum said they called Smith and was told a production time of 2009. Anybody know what these are?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/411559454/smith+&+wesson+5906+9mm+10+1+sts

At first I thought that price was high, but the more I think about it is not bad. There gonna be pretty hard to find nib and unfired, even if it doesn't have the front serrations.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom