Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I get your point. However, that site is so pro-Moscow that it is suspected of being ran by Russians as disinformation. Of course, I have not put in the time to verify the accusations.

I find the BBC to be at least a decent source of news.
    The same BBC that has been caught staging news stories(using actors,fake locations, and its actual reporters)? Or that rewrites its own past stories? Mainly talking about coverage in India here,but I am sure like cnn or fox(I have posted examples of articles being edited on INGO before) they do it as well?

BBC is not what I would call a decent source of news when they appear to fake news to fit a narrative and try to change their past stories to fit new narratives.

BBC= things like https://thecritic.co.uk/why-does-the-bbc-need-to-lie-about-britains-history/

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well ... im not sure what they hit. But I would not be surprised that if anyone around that is now deaf...

FOjfnr4WQAIbxxH

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The same BBC that has been caught staging news stories(using actors,fake locations, and its actual reporters)? Or that rewrites its own past stories? Mainly talking about coverage in India here,but I am sure like cnn or fox(I have posted examples of articles being edited on INGO before) they do it as well?

BBC is not what I would call a decent source of news when they appear to fake news to fit a narrative and try to change their past stories to fit new narratives.

BBC= things like https://thecritic.co.uk/why-does-the-bbc-need-to-lie-about-britains-history/

Ok, I agreed that it’s difficult to find good news sources. I am not interested in how the BBC reports on India.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Furnace temperature take: The massive media blitz to prime people with the expectation that Russia will use chemical weapons and any use of chemical weapons must automatically and solely be from Russia tells me one thing:

The chances of a false flag release of chemical weapons to draw the US into the war are much higher than the chances of an unnecessary and tactically useless actual Russian use.

AKA Syria :tinfoil:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Furnace temperature take: The massive media blitz to prime people with the expectation that Russia will use chemical weapons and any use of chemical weapons must automatically and solely be from Russia tells me one thing:

The chances of a false flag release of chemical weapons to draw the US into the war are much higher than the chances of an unnecessary and tactically useless actual Russian use.

AKA Syria :tinfoil:

It still remains baffling just how mentally stunted someone must have to be to legitimately think Assad used chemical weapons.... When the US was desperately looking for a way into the war, when he was inches away from complete victory.

People will believe anything that CNN tells them.

I've even seen news reports trying to pre-empt false flag comments. Saying nonsense like "When Russia uses chemical weapons, conspiracy theorists will try to tell you it's a false flag, here's why it's not"

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I will give it a chance. But honestly a quick check of many involved does not give me a high level of confidence. For example Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman is a New York law firm employing over 350 lawyers. It was also heavily involved in MBS blowing up in 2008,as it sold PMI insurance to a crap ton of those loans.

Dr. William Kristol on the board is the leader of Republicans against Trump,he has also supported the US being in nearly any war anywhere on earth(for example Lebanon,Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya). I am not sure he has ever seen a war he did not want the US involved in. He is also has been very publicly supporting anything anti Russian or Putin even supporting the Democrats "russia russia" narrative over and over again for more than 10 years.

I will read some of the articles,but will take the considerable lean and likely view of the board into consideration.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Lead from the front has its disadvantages…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My problem is you demanding others sacrifice for your objectives. It's the same nonsense the communists say.

If you really believe in it, buy a plane ticket instead of demanding others serve your interests.
    Now do 'The system isn't fair, boomers have all the best jobs and young people can't get ahead'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See if we send a message and preemptively conduct a nuclear 1st strike on Russia and China right now they'll know we're not weak and they won't retaliate in kind. It's called the "Bug Doctrine"
    Incorrect. Russia has a formidable nuclear arsenal. I am advocating we take out the CCP/PLA as a player while they still do not and before they can make common cause with Russia to threaten the world further

I don't believe the Russians would invite a strike from us by coming to the defense of the Chinese, and we would have plenty of capability left to act as a deterrent. As I mentioned, it would only take the output of several SSBNs to neuter the PLA

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    I'm unironically enjoying the news updates. Russian forces have ground to a halt on every front. Fuel is being bartered for food. The troops are seriously demoralized by the heroism of the Ghost of Kiev and crippled from frostbite. Meanwhile, the combined forces of the foreign volunteers and the Azov Batallion have called a halt to their busy schedule of administering orphanages and caring for puppies, and are mobilizing for a counteroffensive that will carry freedom and democracy straight to Moscow.

Sincerely,

the people that told you we've been winning afghanistan for the past twenty years

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I'm unironically enjoying the news updates. Russian forces have ground to a halt on every front. Fuel is being bartered for food. The troops are seriously demoralized by the heroism of the Ghost of Kiev and crippled from frostbite. Meanwhile, the combined forces of the foreign volunteers and the Azov Batallion have called a halt to their busy schedule of administering orphanages and caring for puppies, and are mobilizing for a counteroffensive that will carry freedom and democracy straight to Moscow.

Sincerely,

the people that told you we've been winning afghanistan for the past twenty years
    And let's not forget that the Russians will steamroll the Ukraine in 48 hours. That didn't age well. I have to admit that I believed it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And let's not forget that the Russians will steamroll the Ukraine in 48 hours. That didn't age well. I have to admit that I believed it.

Well after decades of fake news hype and nobody actually looking up their military capabilities, that's what happens.

Refer to the tale of the MIG-25 and the development of the F-15 if you want a sobering reminder of just how dumb the cold war and that mentality is.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well after decades of fake news hype and nobody actually looking up their military capabilities, that's what happens.

Refer to the tale of the MIG-25 and the development of the F-15 if you want a sobering reminder of just how dumb the cold war and that mentality is.
    That's a good comparison. Although the to be fair the MIG-25 was built to intercept a bomber that we cancelled and never built. It is an interesting story. I think I was imagining the "relentless Soviet hordes" we were told about in the 80's and not the current Russian Army with all it's apparent shortcomings.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Those policies also resulted in every tin-pot dictatorship trying to get nuclear weapons at any cost.

It's nothing short of a miracle that a terrorist hasn't obtained and used a nuke in a major city.
    Pretty sure those dictatorships would have been trying to get MADs anyway.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Dzhao Vladimir(the "Putin Advisor").

What I find most curious about the whole he "He left and resigned" thing is he left well before the war. He has homes in Denmark and Istanbul where he has spent most of his time in recent years.

Now the even more curious thing is the Moscow Times site quoting "Unnamed sources" in the Bloomberg article as the source of the story. Why is that curious? Dzhao Vladimir owns 51% of the Moscow Times. Yes,he owns some publishing companies and food service companies,but the source they are using in their article clearly quotes the Bloomberg article.

He has pushed for Russia to abandon fossil fuels for years. It has made him unwelcome to be sure(he is more for green energy than most of the rainbow squad). Did he resign as the eco warrior of Russia(sorry Climate Envoy...a one time event,not an actual job in the government ,matter of fact the only job I see he actually held in government was as the head of the board directors of a state run electric company)...yes it appears so. When it actually happened is actually another matter as the only information publicly available(though the man own multiple news sources)is a Bloomberg article claiming "unnamed sources". He was certainly already not living in Russia when the invasion occurred.

To call him a "close adviser to Putin" is bs though. Putin does not even believe in man made global warming or man made climate change for that matter. Amazing to me how all of that has been spun into "high ranking Russian advisor quits because of Ukraine"

Greta Thunberg quit as the environmental advisor to the USA when Trump was elected to.... Believe it or not Climate Envoy is the "government advisory position" she held to. /sarcasm but not really.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Total waste of money too.

All we needed was a few warriors to take out all the Russians.
    red-dawn-cast.jpg

images.jpeg
    rambo.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom