Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Mach 10 capability is a game-changer. I have no doubt the satellite imagery has been analyzed seven ways from Sunday to determine what exactly this was and was not. Now it's UBER SUPER TOP SECRET. With this bunch in DC running things? Give it a week for the leak. Hey that rhymes... all the time!

Russia claims it used hypersonic missile in strike, Kyiv mortar strike kills 7: LIVE UPDATES​

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Mach 10 capability is a game-changer. I have no doubt the satellite imagery has been analyzed seven ways from Sunday to determine what exactly this was and was not. Now it's UBER SUPER TOP SECRET. With this bunch in DC running things? Give it a week for the leak. Hey that rhymes... all the time!

Russia claims it used hypersonic missile in strike, Kyiv mortar strike kills 7: LIVE UPDATES​

Probably no real need for explosives on one of those. It would be like a meteor hit.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

They latest ballistic missile can do up to Mach 27 ... over 20,000 miles per hour! :faint:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Probably no real need for explosives on one of those. It would be like a meteor hit.

Yep.
    The high speed of the Avangard likely gives it far better target-penetration characteristics than lighter subsonic cruise-missiles. The Avangard weighs about 2,000 kg and travels at Mach 20 - 27, giving it the equivalent of 17.5 tons of TNT in kinetic energy
    17.5 tons of TNT without a nuclear warhead on board, over 2 megatons with a warhead.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Story says target was an underground warehouse, but unless the hypervelocity was used to aid in ground penetration there is no point to using a hypersonic munition when launched from such a close range, as none of its unique capabilities would be of any use

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Story says target was an underground warehouse, but unless the hypervelocity was used to aid in ground penetration there is no point to using a hypersonic munition when launched from such a close range, as none of its unique capabilities would be of any use
    The point is to send a message to all the NATO countries, and others.

Russia has very very fast bombs and they work.

It's totally overkill just like when the US dropped a MOAB on a few ISIS fighters in Afghanistan, in 2017.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This article speaks quite a bit of truth. Thank you for this one.
    I liked this one from LewRockwell.com to. https://www.voltairenet.org/article216075.html

Since real information is hard to come by,knowing the history helps more than anything else currently. If you understand the history you can start to see the larger picture.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

It's totally overkill just like when the US dropped a MOAB on a few ISIS fighters in Afghanistan, in 2017.
    It's definitely an attention getter.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Video of the Kh-47M2 "Kinzhal" hyper-sonic missile in route to target,and you can tell the impact was large.If you have sound on you can hear a secondary explosion a few seconds after impact.*correction the second sound appears to have been the delay in the sonic boom according to comments,which at that speed makes sense. Either way that is one fast missile.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

This is a long article featuring UN meetings,Russian captured documents(with US embassy personnel signatures). For some it may seem like a long article,but it does in fact pretty much prove the US had a chemical weapons program in Ukraine since 2005. It also notes more documents will be released as they are processed.

This quote kind of says it though “If journalists have doubts as to the authenticity of documents that we shared(Russian's being the ones sharing captured documents from labs), I suggest they ask her directly whether this is really her signature on them.”(her signature being Vassily Nebenzia at the US embassy). Russia also sent information to the UN yesterday,along with a letter. https://russiaun.ru/en/news/180322n_u The link is to the Russian office at the UN.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

So why not roll it out at the outset, rather than after your conventional forces have been stymied?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Can’t get the link to work but this is from the bbc.

Russia is failing to gain control of Ukraine airspace, UK says​

Russia is failing to gain control of Ukraine airspace - one of Moscow's principal objectives, the UK defence ministry says.
    The ministry's latest intelligence update says Russia "has failed to gain control of the air and is largely relying on stand-off weapons" launched from Russian airspace.
    "Gaining control of the air was one of Russia's principal objectives for the opening days of the conflict and their continued failure to do so has significantly blunted their operational progress," the ministry says.

Last edited:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I'm 57 years old. I have lived under the threat of nuclear war my whole life, including 22 years of that in the Army.

Never, until the last several days, have I ever had the constant thought in my head "If you see a bright flash of light, hit the ground and cover your eyes".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom