Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I got word that Jeb Bush successfully invaded and conquered all of Ukraine today.

p2c2h95.png

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Have Ukrainians declared even a single military death yet?

Last Sundays number, first thing that came up in search.

Ukraine’s announcement that at least 1,300 of its soldiers have been killed so far during Russia’s invasion has been accompanied by an increasingly public acknowledgement of the country’s losses.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Meanwhile....
    See the problem?

Also yesterday Stars and Stripes had an article that I now can not seem to find I was going to post.

The Pentagon estimates Russian losses of 1800-4000 troops while US intelligence estimates it at 12,000-21,000. Fog of war indeed.

If you want interesting try using a search engine like Qwant and a proxy in Europe. They even have different number than the US media. For example in the US media(quoting pentagon sources) Russia has committed less than 10% of the forces it built up on the border(as of 2/18/2022),in most news sources in Europe also quoting the US pentagon it is 25%.
    Most of the media in Europe uses Ukrainian numbers for Russian and Ukrainian losses. I think most in the USA just make **** up(as I have never seen any actual source it is always "source in the Pentagon,source in Intelligence ect).

*Side note one of my main ways to translate webpages(the site) was taken down yesterday. I really do not want to use googles,but have.

The Image below I captured and it is showing the top two search results from Qwant.
    The problem is one article on CNN says Russia has 90% of its forces already in Ukraine,the other says 90% of the forces it has at the border have not crossed into Ukraine.

China and Russia have a new pipeline deal(as of today) for a second pipeline from Siberia.
    India and Russia worked out a new oil deal. All oil will be purchased with Euro's.

Putin addressed a crowd of over 200k in person yesterday(and the latest polling of Russian citizens out of Denmark showed his war in Ukraine had solidified his support to 70%(News Week shows it at 71%,but did not have a source in the article 3 days ago).
    Oh,speaking of Denmark we lost an Osprey yesterday during the NATO war exercises in Denmark(largest NATO exercise since the end of the cold war).

Russia is limiting exports to countries that have done sanctions,and Brazil repealed most they had already.

Bout it for now. Catching the morning "news"

Attachments

• cnn.jpg
      cnn.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 13

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I got word that Jeb Bush successfully invaded and conquered all of Ukraine today.

p2c2h95.png

We all laugh, but I'll bet CoC republicans in charge will push hard to put him or somebody like him on the ticket and even cheat to get the job done. Extermination of populism is job one.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Sounds like a reasonable analysis.

So, the future of the conflict most likely is that the Russian military is probably going to become exhausted in the coming weeks and need operational pauses. They’re going to become combat ineffective, and they’ll need to replenish and reorganize and rearm units. So that means that we're probably going to be looking at a cease-fire of some kind -- maybe not a full political settlement -- in the coming weeks. That's my projection [and] it's about the most optimistic I’ve been in this conflict.

Having said that, I think the war is still going to get ugly over the course of this time period and you will see the Russian military in some areas using outright pressure tactics by barraging cities and just hitting the civilian population to put pressure on Ukraine's political leadership.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom