Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Some things I found notable:

Key Takeaways
    • Ukrainian intelligence reports that Russia may have expended nearly its entire store of precision cruise missiles in the first twenty days of its invasion.
    • Russia may be parceling out elements of the reserve force that could conduct an amphibious operation along the Black Sea coast to support ongoing assaults on Mariupol, further reducing the likelihood of a Russian amphibious assault on Odesa.
    • Ukrainian forces shot down 10 Russian aircraft—including five jets, three helicopters, and two UAVs—on March 16, and Ukrainian forces continue to successfully contest Russian air operations.

• The Ukrainian Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) reported several details on Russian efforts to recruit Syrian mercenaries on March 17.[5] The GUR reported that the Russian military ordered its base in Hmeimim, Syria to send up to 300 fighters from Syria to Ukraine daily. The GUR additionally reported that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has promised to recruit 40,000 Syrian fighters to deploy to Ukraine. The GUR reported Russian authorities are promising Syrian recruits that they will exclusively act as police in occupied territories. Finally, the GUR reported low morale among Syrian recruits, including several cases of self-mutilation to avoid being deployed, and claimed many fighters see deploying to Russia and Belarus as an opportunity to desert and migrate to the EU.

Kyiv%20Battle%20Map%20Draft%20March%2017%2C%202022.png

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Where did I say the majority of people in Ukraine are neo-nazis? I said that the leftists are so rabidly anti-putin that they are vocally supporting the neo-nazis in Ukraine. There's even amazon merch for Azov battalion. (Well they were as of a day or 2 ago, it's gone now)
    As for saying this is wrong... Uh?

If invading other countries is always wrong, then are you rabidly anti-American?

I believe in being consistent with my values. I don't subscribe to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    I also don't subscribe to, "It's okay as long as we're the ones doing it."

I’m not rabidly anti anything. There are shades of grey and not merely black or white. I supported the first gulf war because we were repelling an invader. Not the second and not Afghanistan. We have no business being world police and nation building. I have been very consistent with that and I always will be.

As for your “cute”, you found a tweet by a person commenting on an article saying it’s ok and not actually people posting pro nazi ****. That doesn’t even come close to showing your work.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

In considering the peoples of the Ukraine and Russia, and seeing the way their very real historical, cultural, and political issues with tangled roots going back God-knows-how-long are being reduced to a damn Capesh!t movie and exacerbated until there is blood in the gutters for fun and profit is almost as embarrassing as the fact this madness was birthed by a class of criminals operating in offices established in our names. They have been trying to loot Russia since the fall of Communism and have made a corrupt playground out of the Ukraine in the age-old American game of “poke the dog until it bites and then shoot it,” in much the same way we’ve seen play out over the years from ‘Arab Spring’ to the myriad Color Revolutions they’ve sponsored in Eastern Bloc nations.

The more I’ve looked into this conflict, the more I’ve found I don’t know a fraction of all the nuances running wild in it. Most of what I have to go on is the word of a class of people who have lied to me my whole life, and I wouldn’t trust them to scratch a dog’s ass. They can **** up a rope. What I do know is that however bad the toll of dead and wounded are and could be with the current combatants, it pales in comparison to what will happen if this regime manages to deploy forces in earnest.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    On the subject of Russia possibly running low on cruise missiles.

Doesn’t the extensive use of precision weapons point to an attempt at a kinder and gentler war? I’m sure Russia is no different than we were going into iraq, they probably have thousands of bunkers full of dumb bombs.

Why not use those?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Doesn’t the extensive use of precision weapons point to an attempt at a kinder and gentler war? I’m sure Russia is no different than we were going into iraq, they probably have thousands of bunkers full of dumb bombs.

Why not use those?

No no no, cruise missiles are baby seeking vacuum bombs!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Why not use those?
    Cruise missiles don't require a big fat SAMbait aircraft to deliver them over the target. While technically possible to intercept and shoot down, it is quite difficult. They fly low and fast and hit targets with high precision from standoff with no risk. You can even program them to circle around and attack from any vector to conceal the launch location, be it air land or sea. Lots of reasons to use them.

But they are expensive and even the US would run short after a few weeks of firing them off at a full wartime pace. They'll have to make decisions if the war doesn't improve.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

According to captured Russian soldiers, who are put in front of a camera. :laugh6:

They have such poor logistics and general cohesion, there's no way someone would shoot themselves in the leg to get out of it. The only thing that'd result in is bleeding out on the ground, waiting for help that would never come.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    People around here question the veracity of American media, but are A-OK citing *Pravda* for God's sake?

If it's one of the leaders pravda is loyal to, I'm not sure why citing it for their own statement is going to be a problem?

If anything, they'd want to be very sure they cited exactly what that person said, completely, to avoid a long vacation in siberia.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    According to captured Russian soldiers, who are put in front of a camera. :laugh6:

They have such poor logistics and general cohesion, there's no way someone would shoot themselves in the leg to get out of it. The only thing that'd result in is bleeding out on the ground, waiting for help that would never come.
    Did you bother to read the article?

“A conversation between Russian soldiers was intercepted by Belarusian media outlet NEXTA”

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    They have actually been a little Ukrainian leaning.
    Fair enough. I have personally never heard of them. The point I was trying to make was the article was based on a Belarus news report regarding Russian radio intercepts. Not necessarily based on public interviews of Russian POW’s.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I hope this is not true.

Two points

One, if they were shot in the temple or back of the head, wouldn't they be at the morgue instead of taking up space at a hospital?

Two, if there have been people shot execution style for being foreign fighters, isn't it more likely it is the Russians or their proxies doing so?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom